It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite could open door on extra dimension, 4th Dimension??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Found this on new scientist, and was quite impressed.

www.newscientistspace.com... -satellite-could-open-door-on-extra-dimension.html

It seems there could be another dimension? maybe not, but a good move for science, who lives in this dimension

Could these black holes that should of evaporated by now changed their dimension therefore slowing their evaporation time.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok. Dimension should refer to a scalar quanity right ? Height, Length Width.
There are better words to describe other 'dimensions' as in a different place. Realm is a good word. Are you like reffering to another Universe?

If this 'dimension' exists here, then WE do live in it. Maybe it can be applied to the whole universe.

This is beginning to remind me of Flat Land and Hyperspace. Very confusing conecpts lol.

Could the forces we experience be interactiosn with the different dimensions of somethings (gravity is often described as a warp in space/time, could it just be that area sort of increasing in depth of the new dimension?)

Anyway. Confusing!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
We already know what the 4th dimension is. It's time.

And the 5th Dimension performed the song "The Age of Aquarius".

We have discovered all sorts of theoretical dimensions, which are pretty hard to prove mathematically. If you're interested in it, I suggest you study up on string theory. Some of the theories require 20 some new dimensions. It's very interesting stuff.

Super String Theory Website

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
And so what are these dimensions?
Would we even know what other dimensions would look like even if they were right in front of us?
As humans, do we even have the ability to percieve them with our 5 senses, or even the 6th sense?
I'm assuming that a lot of these dimensions (unless they are fairy tales) branch of from dimension 6.
They would have to, IMO, be non-physical dimensions as the physical world is what we see and know as only 4 dimensions.

I just blew 10 million brain cells

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I wonder if extra dimensions have something to do with the after life? I mean certainly it opens up more possibilities.
I believe in an after life but I have no idea where it is acturally based or what it is powerd by (like when polta ghosts brake stuff where are they getting that phyisical energy from?)

Also I wonder if doing experiments like chucking chunks of iron into commets is really such a great idea if it could disturb one of these mini-black whole things?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakeyjc
Ok. Dimension should refer to a scalar quanity right ? Height, Length Width.
There are better words to describe other 'dimensions' as in a different place. Realm is a good word.

Absolutely. Suggesting a different place is an abuse of the word dimension.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Very confusing things. It is very strange, I wish I could know all of it, it's just so crazy, what is the difference between dimensions? How big is the universe? How was the universe formed? Wasn't it supposed to be everything that exists? So where does the universe stand? It has to be something, must have an end if it really started by expanding. How many galaxies are there? What life forms are out there? So many questions, I can go on and on.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The problem is we are trying to think of something that we can not comprehend. If the universe is infinite....could you picture it in your head. No, because everything we know of has a start and end.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
To sum it up for you, the universe is the smallest of things and the largest of things.
There are an infanite number of universes with in our universe that make up this universe. New universes are being created everday through newly hatched seeds of ever life form. Every life form creates many new universes through out its life through its seed. This is how the universe grows. IDK know how the universe is shrunk though.. you have to use your immagination.

In case you havn't figured out what I'm saying yet... I'll sum it up. The universe is an atom and there are an infinite ammount of atoms that make up our atom.

Now that you know this you can only immagine what happens when a universe is destroyed or "split". Immagine a pyramid or dommino effect.

Now you must understand that atoms are being played with constantly. The first nuclear bomb split only 1 atom, now they split many more in 1 bomb. I can't tell you how much of an effect this has on life.

When we destroy an atom we are destroying every atom held with in that atom. This is the VERY reason why Einstein was so worried that the first atom bomb exploded may not be able to be contained and the explosion may continue to go on to destroy the very universe. Einstein knew this! I believe gravity contained that explosion.

As you know when an atom(nuclear bomb, dirty bomb, w/e you wanna call it.. its still splitting atoms) goes off higher up in the atmosphere where there is a tiny bit less gravity the explosion is known as an EMP and has a much larger diameter. I am glad to say that we have been smart enough to not explode an atom bomb in space yet! IDK if there would be anything to contain the atom explosion (since the explosion is a domino effect in itself... destroying universe upon universe... upon universe) in space. An atom split in space could cause explosion that may not stop... and yes, possibly destroy the universe.!

The point here is that now that you realise this you can now realise that our universe and everything within our atom can be destroyed in the blink of an eye if someone up the pyramid were to destroy an atom that may have a dommino effect and thus destroy our atom aka universe.

So if you worry about things.. WORRY NOT and realise that everything could end in a blink of an eye and you nor anybody else in the universe could do ANYTHING to stop it!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
There are an infanite number of universes with in our universe that make up this universe. New universes are being created everday through newly hatched seeds of ever life form. Every life form creates many new universes through out its life through its seed. This is how the universe grows. IDK know how the universe is shrunk though.. you have to use your immagination.

Huh? New universes are made by seeds of life? What, praytell, is a seed of life? I don't get it.

In case you havn't figured out what I'm saying yet... I'll sum it up. The universe is an atom and there are an infinite ammount of atoms that make up our atom.

Now that you know this you can only immagine what happens when a universe is destroyed or "split". Immagine a pyramid or dommino effect.

Now I'm even more confused. Seeds of life create atoms? So would atoms not exist if life didn't exist? So atoms didn't exist before life existed? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, if the universe is an atom, what are Quarks?

Now you must understand that atoms are being played with constantly. The first nuclear bomb split only 1 atom, now they split many more in 1 bomb. I can't tell you how much of an effect this has on life.

So then is a sun constantly destroying and creating universes? Does this mean suns are alive, or have the "seeds of life"?

As you know when an atom(nuclear bomb, dirty bomb, w/e you wanna call it.. its still splitting atoms) goes off higher up in the atmosphere where there is a tiny bit less gravity the explosion is known as an EMP and has a much larger diameter. I am glad to say that we have been smart enough to not explode an atom bomb in space yet! IDK if there would be anything to contain the atom explosion (since the explosion is a domino effect in itself... destroying universe upon universe... upon universe) in space. An atom split in space could cause explosion that may not stop... and yes, possibly destroy the universe.!

An EMP has a bigger diameter in the atmosphere, because there is less matter to abosrb the electrons given off by the explosion. So if ther were a nuclear explosion in space, yes, it would travel until it hit something to absorb the electrons, which is why sometimes we get EMP effects from the sun when there is a partucularly large solar flare.

Gravity has nothing to do with a nuclear reaction at all. There are only four fundamental forces in the universes, Weak Force, Strong Force, Electromegnetism, and Gravity. Nuclear explosions are Strong force, not gravity.

Your post reads mostly like a sci-fi book, or weird metaphysical idea, but isn't based in any way on science.

top topics

join