It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire Hunters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I've been a LARP for the Masqurade for several years and I'll tell you up front about LARP tournament rules : no weapons are allowed and touching other people in a hostile or aggressive manner is expressly forbidden. Rela blood is never used, and the act of cutting oneself is frowned upon - no bloodplay is a part of any sanctioned game.

Anyone who decides to LARP without respect to the sactioned rules are inviting distaster - and a lot of the problems mentioned in this thread seems to stem from psychologically imbalanced people using this game as a way to escape from reality and embrace their unhealthy personal fantasies.

So often, people blame the game for the acts of these unbalanced individuals - indeed, even the kids (the hunters) I mentioned in my previous post had fallen a little "too far" into their characters (they were traveling with a gun)...

Even joking about "vampire hunting" is going to get a load of people with nothing better to do to go out and discriminate against the little goth kids (who already are the victim of bullying) and anyone who "fits the bill" towards the classic "vampire" stereotype.

Really - do you think that's wise? These are mortal people with mortal lives.

Any "real" vampires would be so undetecable you would probably pass them by in a heartbeat.

You might as well hunt the Illuminati - and good luck on explaining that one to the authorities.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I agree that real vampires would be undetectable.
As for hunters my friend believes those who "hunt vampires" should do it for scientific reasons not to get off on a fantacy trip. I how ever say leave them alone.

"Vampires are the outcome of Homosexuality in combination with Tantrism between persons of the same Sex. It is an execrable monstrosity, a frightful abomination."
- The Doomed Aryan Race by Samael Aun Weor

BULL
what kind of vampire are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

"Vampires are the outcome of Homosexuality in combination with Tantrism between persons of the same Sex. It is an execrable monstrosity, a frightful abomination."

originally posted by kurafoxs
BULL
what kind of vampire are you talking about?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
From what ive heard the vatican employs vampire hunter.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pythagoras rhine
From what ive heard the vatican employs vampire hunters.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   

From what ive heard the vatican employs vampire hunter.

Just woundering, WHERE in the world you heard that from?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
well it is common knowledge that the catholic church has recognized that vampires exist. Look up Sean Manchester. he was a perist and vampire hunter who "stopped" A vampire from attacking a girl.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
yep that's true and don't forget montague summers. He believed they existed. you know what they say...with one person it's a rumour...with two people that's proof that is.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

well it is common knowledge that the catholic church has recognized that vampires exist. Look up Sean Manchester. he was a perist and vampire hunter who "stopped" A vampire from attacking a girl.

Find me documentation showing that the vatican believes in the existance of vampires, and not one from 1000 years ago. i wanna see something alittle more recent.

And not just "it's common fact" crap either.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What H.P. Blavatsky and Samael Aun Weor wrote agrees, at least in part, with what pythagoras rhine posted.

Originally posted by Tamahu

"Among the most abominable products of Lilith, it is opportune to cite the case of Count Dracula in Russia.

"This movie’s personage truly existed and H. P. Blavastsky comments about him in one of her books.

"This Great Female Master stated that such a Count (in times of the Czars) was the Mayor of a certain Russian town. He mortally hated his wife, because Vampires are Homosexuals; they mortally hate the opposite sex.

"After his death, Count Dracula presented himself in the house of his abhorred widow in order to lash her violently. At midnight certain Catholic Priests uselessly tried to block Dracula’s trot; at the bridge very close to the cemetery Count Dracula’s chariot trampled the Priests.

"When Count Dracula’s Black and Frightful Crypt was opened, his living cadaver was found very well preserved and submerged within human blood, since vampires nourish themselves with blood. '

"The Great Master Helen P. Blavastsky states that the feet of the sinister cadaver were covered with mud; without a doubt this shows us that Dracula was escaping at midnight from his sepulcher.

"Dracula’s case concluded when the Priests wounded his heart with a wooden stick.

"An Order of vampires exists in Palestine; they hide themselves behind the following title: “Order of the Immortal Guardians of the Holy Sepulcher.”

Interesting, and disgusting, to say the least...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It depends on what you would call a vampire and a vampire hunter.

There are people who kill and drink blood, they are not undead, but they live the life of a vampire pretty much to the key, a major example being Vlad The Impaler, who gained the name of Dracula, he had dealings with drinking blood and murders, there are also tales of him raising from the dead, although that is probably just be hype.

He killed people by impaling them, which, is actually one of the well known methods of killing a vampire.
And the way he killed victims, along with his tortures, were VERY brutal.

I am sure there are true vampire hunters out there, I know for a fact there use to be in Victorian times and the 1800s, where vampire hunters would claim they have killed or exorcised vampires and lairs.

There are also probably a lot of fake vampire hunters out there as well, people doing it for publicity or fun.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think that the people running around hunting fake vampires just for fame or conceidedness shold go home and get a job but those who seek out vampires to see if their real and have no mass desruction fantacies should search all they want. I believe in the posibility of vampires existing. If we don't even know all the animal species on our planet then how can you know they don't exist

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic 12
It depends on what you would call a vampire and a vampire hunter.

There are people who kill and drink blood, they are not undead, but they live the life of a vampire pretty much to the key, a major example being Vlad The Impaler, who gained the name of Dracula, he had dealings with drinking blood and murders, there are also tales of him raising from the dead, although that is probably just be hype.

Dracula was not a gained title, he signed the 2 only documents we have written by him as Vlad Dracul. Dracul was an inherited name from his father who was a Knight of the Order of the Dragon (i.e. Dracul) a group of Christian Knights, in present day Romania, to fend off the invading Muslim (Seljuk?) Turks.

Sorry completely unnecessary post, I just find the subject very interesting. And yes he was one of the most disturbed people to ever walk the earth.

L3X

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the freemasons, yet. Everyone knows that they are vampires. Just look at some of the older members... they meet all of the criteria. A) Really pale, check. B) Sleep a lot, check. C) Live seemingly forever, check.

Seriously, though... is this conversation for real? Are people really THAT escapist that they believe vampires exist and walk among us? I mean, I understand role-playing and all, but do people seriously believe it?

i smell reptilians hereee....

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
Find me documentation showing that the vatican believes in the existance of vampires, and not one from 1000 years ago. i wanna see something alittle more recent.

Yes Sean Manchester was an official vampire hunter. No, it did not happen 1000 years ago, it happened from the 1970's to 1980's. No, Sean Manchester was not from the vatican or anything of the sort. He was employed by a goverment sect under order of the queen. It just so happened that he was a preist.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear

Originally posted by umwolves123

Yes Sean Manchester was an official vampire hunter. No, it did not happen 1000 years ago, it happened from the 1970's to 1980's. No, Sean Manchester was not from the vatican or anything of the sort. He was employed by a goverment sect under order of the queen. It just so happened that he was a preist.

So umm what government sect, I'm not from the UK but I consider myself fairly "up" on the subject. I mean sure the most recent of the Van Helsing lineage was of English heritage but he was still an Aussie...I did not know Hugh Jackman was an ordained priest!

I'm emigrating from America, this whole UK vampire hunting sanctioned Order, priest or not, sounds like a blast. If I find Dracula can I be KCVO? Life long dream of mine.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Actually, Im surprised no one has brought up the one place where they actually still hunt vampires.

Romania.

It was common practice in some remote villages to dig up the remains of deceased people. If it appeared that their bodies had not decaysed significantly, they would cut their hearts out and dissolve them in wine and drink it to gain protection from vampires.

Romania and eastern europe has the richest tradition concerning vampires.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Depending on your age, and the fact that you keep up to date, then it's not suprising that you've never heard of it. It's not a 'modern take of Van Hellsing.' 'It' happened over 20 years ago. The organisation was around for a while before that, but never had a case. (for obvious reasons... mainly the lack of vampires
.)
Anyway, they were closed down after their very first case, due to the defilement of graves and corpes'.

You might be interested in reading up on the Highgate Vampire Incident.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
It was common practice in some remote villages to dig up the remains of deceased people. If it appeared that their bodies had not decaysed significantly, they would cut their hearts out and dissolve them in wine and drink it to gain protection from vampires.

I have looked into these claims before for my own studies and many variables can effect the rate of decay in a dead body so technically you could think that someone was a vampire because they weren't decomposing fast enough as well as silly superstitions but who knows if they really exist

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the freemasons, yet. Everyone knows that they are vampires. Just look at some of the older members... they meet all of the criteria. A) Really pale, check. B) Sleep a lot, check. C) Live seemingly forever, check.

yes but it is the Grand Lodge that does all the blood $ucking

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join