It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Der Spiegel Magazine Interviews Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
The pot calling the kettle black here. This is your thread Muaddib, are you going to avoid it since it didnt turn out quite exactly as planned?

Why because someone posted his opinion?...

Today's Palestinians are not even the descendants of ancient Palestinians...so if anyone wants to claim that most of the Israeli people shouldn't be there because they had lived in other lands for a long time, the same can be said of the people that are called these days Palestinians....

Here are a few sites which tell the story, and btw, the Jewish people won those lands, again, by right of might...which is the same way the Arabs won those lands in the past... But of course, because Jewish people are now in that area "it is all illegal, etc, etc"....while when the Arabs did the same "it was all good and legal"...

The name Palestine refers to a region of the eastern Mediterranean coast from the sea to the Jordan valley and from the southern Negev desert to the Galilee lake region in the north. The word itself derives from "Plesheth", a name that appears frequently in the Bible and has come into English as "Philistine". Plesheth, (root palash) was a general term meaning rolling or migratory. This referred to the Philistine's invasion and conquest of the coast from the sea. The Philistines were not Arabs nor even Semites, they were most closely related to the Greeks originating from Asia Minor and Greek localities. They did not speak Arabic. They had no connection, ethnic, linguistic or historical with Arabia or Arabs.

The Philistines reached the southern coast of Israel in several waves. One group arrived in the pre-patriarchal period and settled south of Beersheba in Gerar where they came into conflict with Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael. Another group, coming from Crete after being repulsed from an attempted invasion of Egypt by Rameses III in 1194 BCE, seized the southern coastal area, where they founded five settlements (Gaza, Ascalon, Ashdod, Ekron and Gat). In the Persian and Greek periods, foreign settlers - chiefly from the Mediterranean islands - overran the Philistine districts.

www.palestinefacts.org...

en.wikipedia.org...(region)

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Today's Palestinians are not even the descendants of ancient Palestinians...so if anyone wants to claim that most of the Israeli people shouldn't be there because they had lived in other lands for a long time, the same can be said of the people that are called these days Palestinians....

Here are a few sites which tell the story, and btw, the Jewish people won those lands, again, by right of might...which is the same way the Arabs won those lands in the past... But of course, because Jewish people are now in that area "it is all illegal, etc, etc"....while when the Arabs did the same "it was all good and legal"...

Yeah so you would of been ok with Hitler keeping all the land he won through "right of might" eh? What a shonky position to take.

Zionism is a blight on humanity, educate yourself: Jews Against Zionism

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

[Zionism is a blight on humanity, educate yourself: Jews Against Zionism

Good point. Being Jewish doesn´t automatically mean being a Zionist.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Why because someone posted his opinion?...

Here are a few sites which tell the story, and btw, the Jewish people won those lands, again, by right of might...which is the same way the Arabs won those lands in the past...

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Muaddib]

Like your pro israeli link, I can post a few palestinian ones of my own. But nvm that. By saying that the jewish people who won those lands "by right of might" are you by chance talking about the terrorists that performed these attrocities?

thewebfairy.com...

But atleast you are confirming that you took over the land thanks to some spineless actions by the europeans and some ferocious attrocities on part of the extremist zionists.

But of course, because Jewish people are now in that area "it is all illegal, etc, etc"....while when the Arabs did the same "it was all good and legal"...

Hello? Have you seen read the newspapers lately? Its always the jews that are the victims and the arabs who are labelled as terrorists.

You are anything but muaddib, I'm curious why you call yourself that.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Having come from a once very proud, and Jewish family, I have to say that I have looked at my ancestors actions, each day with more and more disgust. It is importat that I stress, however, that I have not considered myself Jewish, since I was old enough to realise the situation in Israel. Palestine is under an occupation -- and for what? There is no other way to describe it.

I have to say that reading this article has really opened my eyes on the Iranian issue.

Since all this propoganda on both sides has been spewing from Iran/The US, i have constantly thought -- something isn't right here.

I thought, how can this man, reasonably beleive that rest of the world won't find him crazy when, on one hand he is calling for the 'destruction of Israel' and on the other claiming his country's nuclear ambitions are peaceful.

Something with that just never sat right with me. Having read this, I can see why. This interview certainly potrays him in a very different light. Perhaps not the most sane of people, but at least in a seemingly inteligent light. He seems elequent, and informed.

How much propoganda has there really been about this man, and his country's ambitions? Personally, as I tried to look on the whole situation objectively, I could always see why Iran, would perhaps want nuclear weapons. I didn't agree with the ambitions, but I could at least understand in part, a possible motivation behind them.

He does bring up some VERY good points. I'm not sure if everything that he stated was absolutely correct, but if fact, and many european country's are imprisoning people who question the holocaust, or seek to personally find evidence for it, then I beleive there is an obvious hijack here by Zionism. I beleive ALL historical events should be evalutated, and re-evaluated -- continually.

Another good point he makes, is why the Palestinian are paying the price for what the Germans did? I understand that much of Israel's land was given to it by the UN, and were formerly English provinces, but it is hard to deny that the Palestinian people are not being pushed from THEIR homeland, having THEIR homes destroyed, and being imprisoned in mini-cities.

Just look at this disgrace--

What happened to progress? [To quote my favourite song, "Did it all get real? I guess it's real enough, they got, refrigerators full of blood, another century spent pointing guns -- at anything that moves."]
From Wiki Article: Israeli West Bank Seperation Wall

Where Israel lies today, the free land of Palestine once stood. Do two wrongs, really make a right?

What is Palestine today? It is not even recognised by the United States.

Zionism IS real, and many Jew's are totally against it, though of course many are for it. Zionism is political, IT has hijacked Judaism, not the other way around.

The Israel flag of today, was once The Zionist Flag.

Also, on another discussion thread --

The Independent (Source)
Ehud Olmert, the Israeli Prime Minister, expressed "deep regret" for army operations that have killed 14 Palestinian civilians in Gaza in just nine days but said the lives of Israeli citizens threatened by Qassam attacks were "even more important".

Already in discussion here (in the somewhat badly named thread): www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you think comments like this, only add further support for Iran (and Palestine)?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your take on this topic ekul08.

The propaganda aimed at Iran and Ahmadinejad is being piled on very, very thick. Even after decades of constant demonization in the United States media the Iran propaganda has been ratched up immensely since Ahmadinejad's election. There is even a US State Department propaganda office dedicated to Iranian issues called the Office of the Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI).

I applaude you for speaking out against Zionism as well. The evil manner in which Zionism has tried to form a symbiotic relationship with Judaism personally disgusts me. It reminds me of the saying: when the Church and state are one, criticism of the state becomes heresy.

The same applies to modern day Zionism. The Zionist state of Israel is trying to create an aura of untouchability around it by claiming any criticism of Israel is a criticism of Judaism. The same applies to Zionism, any criticism of it is a criticism of Judaism. This is of course completely untrue.

Zionism is the father of modern day terrorism. The irony that Israel now reaps the whirlwind of that tactic is altogether tragic for the innocent Israeli citizens that now pay that price.

[edit on 24/6/06 by subz]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
That was an abolsutly brilliant interview.

That interview has shattered the propagranda thats been placed on Ahmadinejad in my opinion . He is portrayed as a irrational maniac yet he was the only one making sense in that interview.

He completly made the "Speigal" interviewer look like an a beginner. He ran rings around the interviewer and make solid points which made the reporter look like an infantile retard.

Wow my respect has gone up even more for Ahmadinejad and everytime i read his letter or read/see an interview done with him i respect him even more.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
Wow my respect has gone up even more for Ahmadinejad and everytime i read his letter or read/see an interview done with him i respect him even more.

wow you respect the Iranian president for stating clearly and for the world to see that when he refers to "the destruction of zionism" he is clearly talking about exterminating Israelis....

Please don't talk about infantile and retards...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

wow you respect the Iranian president for stating clearly and for the world to see that when he refers to "the destruction of zionism" he is clearly talking about exterminating Israelis....

You must of been reading a different interview Muaddib. Can you show me where he is "clearly talking about exterminating Israelis"?

Can I ask who you are refering to as "infintile" and "retards"?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Ofcourse. Israel should be destoryed the exact same way that the white south africa was destoryed.

I didn't realise that it was something close to your heart.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You must of been reading a different interview Muaddib. Can you show me where he is "clearly talking about exterminating Israelis"?

You yourself have stated in the past "he only wants to destroy zionists"... Well, in this interview you can see who he calls "zionists"...and it is not only the people in power in Israel...

Can I ask who you are refering to as "infintile" and "retards"?

Was i responding to you? if I wasn't responding to you, then it doesn't concern you.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx

I didn't realise that it was something close to your heart.

lol...close to my heart?...no but i find it ironic that anyone would call a reporter "infantile and a retard", yet this same person making these ad hominem attacks at a reporter appears to worship a dictator who wants to destroy a whole nation...

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You yourself have stated in the past "he only wants to destroy zionists"... Well, in this interview you can see who he calls "zionists"...and it is not only the people in power in Israel...

No I said he wants to destroy the Zionist regime.

Was i responding to you? if I wasn't responding to you, then it doesn't concern you.

It does concern me, if you were calling a fellow ATS member "infantile" and a "retard" I will report you to the staff.

no but i find it ironic that anyone would call a reporter "infantile and a retard"

What the hell are you talking about Muaddib? You were the one that wrote "infantile and a retard". no one else did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join