It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what parts of earth have never explored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
ok.... besides the lots of ocean... what places on earth havent ever been explored yet, and should be to look for new species and stuff.
the jungle is one i know has not been totally explorered. anyone no where and why these places are not being catalogued

just interested!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Has never been explored,except by the doctors during my induction into the military,and since I am made of the same stuff as the earth and stars,it qualifies.
Doesn't it?.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, there alre alot of underground places, like caves that have been hidden for centuries.

The tomb of the First Emperor of China (the one that built the Great Wall and had all those terracotta soldiers built for him) still remains uncovered. They know that it's there, but they're afraid to open t up, because by experience, they know that if they expose an enviroment that's been airtight for thousands of years to oxygen all of a sedden, bad things happen. Now the tomb isn't just your ordinary ultra rich ruler's tomb. Scientists way that there may be something as big as a city down there!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'd say the rainforest and jungles would be the last places of any mystery, however there are plenty islands in the pacific that havent been set foot upon.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It would be groovy to have the resources to look into this theory,and if you were to find out it were true,they would probably kill you to keep the word from getting out,so it would not be another "paradise lost".
Lake Vostok would be cool to visit too.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
interesting idea.....

I don't know where hasn't been explored to tell the truth, but I would say that your right asala, the oceans are a good place to start!
also i'm under the oppinion that large expances of desert might hold some life we hav'nt found yet.... just a thought ...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There are many parts of Africa that haven't been explored yet. If of course you don't count by the indigenious peoples that may or may not be in those areas.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Good question
The congo and Antartica are all I can think of.
Don't write off antartica though its the size of Australia, so its HUGE, and 99.9% empty.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The deepest parts of the seabed, a la The Abyss.

Yes to the deepest jungles of Latin America and Africa and South East Asia.

Yes to subterannean species.

I would also like to know what sort of magnets are hidden under the polar icecaps.

But in truth I think there are billions more interesting species elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I would also like to know what sort of magnets are hidden under the polar icecaps.

Magnets hidden under the Polar icecaps? Yeh...

The earth is a magnet in itself. Magnets have poles, north and sounth, like the earth. Thats like saying magnets work because they have magnets on the poles.
What's the conspiracy theory there MA??

liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov...
csep10.phys.utk.edu...
Anyway, vast areas of jungle in the Congo haven't been explored, atleast by westerners or scientists. Areas of the Amazon are uncharted aswell. Besides that, obviously there's the ocean floor. Areas around volcanic vents that have been observed are home to some of the strangest creatures on earth...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
the ocean has not been explored yet there is a lot of space underwater and we have no idea its there

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad

Magnets hidden under the Polar icecaps? Yeh...

The earth is a magnet in itself. Magnets have poles, north and sounth, like the earth. Thats like saying magnets work because they have magnets on the poles.
What's the conspiracy theory there MA??

Thankyou for addressing this line of enquiry I put up so seriously, Cider.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Lake Vostrok in the antartic has not been expored. The deep ocean remains relatively unexplored, and under the Earth have never been explored. We have never even broken through the crust of the Earth.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The amazon jungle and the african virgin forest still hide many species of animals and vegetals.
The ice under the north pole, and the earth of the antartica.

But even in europe, some place are so hide or so difficult to access that nobody still never explore it :

This year in Europe, I think that there is at least 10 new animals species that have been discovered.

The great china too remain mysterious.

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wernt they proposing a plan to drill into Vostrok? However they wernt sure what may happen from the enourmous ammounts of pressure under the ice?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
Has never been explored,except by the doctors during my induction into the military,and since I am made of the same stuff as the earth and stars,it qualifies.
Doesn't it?.

Would you like me to explore your "butt". We can see if there is really such a thing as holllow Earth. C'mon sweetie pie, lets get it on!

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by triplesod]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Thankyou for addressing this line of enquiry I put up so seriously, Cider.

You could have said you were joking!
You never know what crazy conspiracy theories people are going to come out with here...

new topics

top topics

join