It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I need some ideas for a 6th grade book reaport.
I have a few but I would like some more ideas before I choose the best one.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I would really like some ideas. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks....

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by Reaper]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You mean you want a book to report on? What age is sixth grade and what kind of books do you usually read/aiming to read?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Area51. By Robert Doherty

There is a whole series. Great books.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wait..your in 6th grade? And you type that good? Wow. lol. Let's see..books...

If you want to impress a teacher, read the LOTR series...(Lord of the Rings)

What else..I saw a book called Deltora Quest, its a six book series I think..pretty cool..those are some medieval titles right there.

-wD

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well,

I'd say 'War of the Worlds' by HG Wells. I read it in fourth grade and loved it... still read it every year... But, for a slightly older audience, I recommend 'The Invisible Man' by the same author. It's all about how complete immunity from prosecution or responsibility (symbolized by the invisibility) can corrupt a man. Also, 'The Time Machine' is good... But you kinda have to know a bit about class warfare to 'get' it.

Also... 'Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea' is great book that kids your age (who are smart) tend to like. Pay attention to details in Nemo's wardroom -- they help reveal some of his hidden torments/anguishes. It's a good book because it offers technological adventure along with an artistic study of personality.

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Anything by George Orwell. 1984, Animal Farm etc...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Annoy your teacher by doing a graphic novel, like From Hell or League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen or some big-scale Batman production.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I like a book called Colonization: Second Contact. It was pretty good. The author was Harry Turtledove.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Go to http:\\www.ala.org (American Library Association) and check out the Most Frequently Challenged book list. Read something that someone says that you shouldn't. Understand, embrace it and prove to them that it was a very worthwhile read.

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by DangerProne]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Well,

I'd say 'War of the Worlds' by HG Wells. I read it in fourth grade and loved it... still read it every year... But, for a slightly older audience, I recommend 'The Invisible Man' by the same author. It's all about how complete immunity from prosecution or responsibility (symbolized by the invisibility) can corrupt a man. Also, 'The Time Machine' is good... But you kinda have to know a bit about class warfare to 'get' it.

Also... 'Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea' is great book that kids your age (who are smart) tend to like. Pay attention to details in Nemo's wardroom -- they help reveal some of his hidden torments/anguishes. It's a good book because it offers technological adventure along with an artistic study of personality.

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

Didn't R.L. Stevenson write "The Invisible Man"?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
catcher in the rye...
and you will be the envy of your teacher if you understand the plight of the main character(not that you want envy in this world,or any for that matter)...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL

If you want to impress a teacher, read the LOTR series...(Lord of the Rings)

-wD

Lord of the Rings may be a bit too big for a 6th grader. Try "The Hobbit" by JRR Tolkien, author of the Lord of the Rings.
You'll probably have to do a report on The Hobbit in middle school anyway -so why not 1.) impress your teacher 2.) get a jump on everyone else your age 3.) discover the background to the Lord of the Rings books and movie.

Enjoy!

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Why...

Above Top Secret, by Timothy Good, of course....

new topics

top topics

join