It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X Causing Solar Flares???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
according to this web site planet X not only exists but is causing unusually large solar flares, now i'll be the first to admit my lack of understanding in the area of astronamy but this guys web site is amazing and has lots of cool pics

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

Note: Come November 15th, we will have orbited to a position that places us squarely between the sun and the inbound PX, which will be much closer
by then. If PX is attracting solar flares, this would place us right in
the line of fire..... (no pun intended). If so, the gradually increasing
declination of PX's approach may direct the solar flares safely below our
orbit.

Thanks to you and Elane!
Sentinel

err ah, correct me if i'm wrong but if earth were in the line of fire, wouldnt this be cause for concern

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Solar flares are no trouble for the earth because it has magnetic fields and a atmosphere.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawaii_boy
olar flares are no trouble for the earth because it has magnetic fields and a atmosphere.

OK so it's a case where there is really nothing to worry about then??

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Of course its worrysome! How can it not be if planet X is coming?

I'm not so worried about the flares as i am seeing a huge planet getting that close and smashing earth to smitherines.

Good find

Really helps my paranoia.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Originally posted by Hawaii_boy
olar flares are no trouble for the earth because it has magnetic fields and a atmosphere.

OK so it's a case where there is really nothing to worry about then??

Not quite, because even with the atmosphere and magnetic fields you're still going to get some disruption if the solar flare is off sufficient size. Phone reception might be a bit iffy and there might be the odd satellite knocked off line. Not much else apart from some great Northern Lights.
For Planet X to spark solar flares you'd need close proximity - and we've seen nothing at all so far. People have been looking for it for ages, and haven't found it yet.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
is it possible that planet X could cause wormwood??? If Planet X is a hoax, then why do they keep discovering new planets and what is Wormwood??? here's the site that askes these questions and more:

www.escapeallthesethings.com...

Is “Planet X” a planet or some other type of celestial body?

What time of year is “Planet X” coming..and how do we know whether it's coming in any given year? Can it come in 2005, 2006, 2007 or 2008?

How do we survive it...where is safe?

[edit on 31-5-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Of course its worrysome! How can it not be if planet X is coming?

I'm not so worried about the flares as i am seeing a huge planet getting that close and smashing earth to smitherines.

Good find

Really helps my paranoia.

did you really need help with your paranoia???

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
From everything I can see, that site's information is from 2002, so since we weren't destroyed in a flare 4 years ago...

Let's just say I'm a skeptic on the whole Planet X thing. If it exerted enough of an influence on solar flares to bend them that dramatically, even amateur astronomers would be able to detect its influence on the planets in our solar system.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If you're curious about solar flares, sun dogs, and Planet X.

Refer to Nancy Leider: Zetatalk.

I hope you don't take her word for it.

[edit on 6/1/2006 by Masisoar]

top topics

join