It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of strange turttle found in China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Source

Scarey, but i guess its just a very ugly turtle. I'd be scared to death if i ran into this baby.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
That's just a little one!

Looks like anAlligator Snapping Turtle got loose from someone.

The alligator snapping turtle is characterized by a large, heavy head and a thick tail with a dorsal ridge of large scales which gives it a primitive appearance reminiscent of some of the plated dinosaurs. They can be distinguished from the common snapper by the three distinct ridges on the carapace, whereas the common snapper has a smoother carapace. They are a solid grey, brown, black, or olive green in color, and often covered with algae. They have radiating yellow patterns around the eyes, which serves to break up the outline of the eye and keep the turtle camouflaged.

There is an unverified report of a 403-pound alligator snapping turtle found in the Neosho River in Kansas in 1937[2], but the largest one actually on record is 236 lb which is housed at Brookfield Zoo in Chicago, Illinois. They generally do not grow quite that large. Average adult size is around 26 inches shell length with a weight of 175 lb. Males are typically larger than females.[3]

I was caring for one that weighed over 140lbs, i'd feed him chicken leg quarters, swallowed whole. They're strange creatures, i've run into a few extremely large ones in the wild, underwater at night. I'd like to run into the 400+lb monster soemday.

[edit on 5/31/2006 by DezertSkies]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I once saw on the news or some channel like that I saw it only once I can remember in Thailand or malaysia or somewhere in that place in southeast asia they found little people falling off trees and they had body evidence of the dead "little people" they were as long as a hand of little as a finger.

They had evidence of the dead body of them.It was taken off the net or the news.They werent ghost or anything like that.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawaii_boy
I once saw on the news or some channel like that I saw it only once I can remember in Thailand or malaysia or somewhere in that place in southeast asia they found little people falling off trees and they had body evidence of the dead "little people" they were as long as a hand of little as a finger.

They had evidence of the dead body of them.It was taken off the net or the news.They werent ghost or anything like that.

I see you denied ignorance then, not.
Come on, you swallow that?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well, i wouldnt worry about "little people"

We could just step on those.

I wonder why China has so many strange things
Maybe it just seems that way to me.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

I see you denied ignorance then, not.
Come on, you swallow that?
What did you say!!??

I saw it on t.v. or the news somebody find it on the net and copy and paste it here.
Just look for it on the net.They were these small people they found dead ones. www.une.edu.au...
If they found a skeleton of a 1 feet person then there sure was likely found the palm size human.
They call them the haepa
[edit on 31-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If they found a skeleton of a 1 feet person then there sure was likely found the palm size human.

How do you work that out?
The link you posted is fact, little men falling out of a tree the size of your palm is.........Well up to you to decide.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hawaii_boy, it looks to me that you're mixing two seperate stories. The link you posted is scientific fact, they really did find little humanoids.
The "little dead people falling out of trees" sounds like "Naree Pons".
Naree Pons are kind of rare so they haven't been studied much. You find them in Thailand. They are the dried fruit or pod of a tree, they look like a dead tiny human but they aren't. Just a fruit.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
When I was a kid, the farm my dad worked on was having a problem.

When the owner of the farm (estate really) went to his back 40 acres for a walk one morning, he saw something in his pond that scared his socks off. He was taking a break in the early morning hours of hunting or whatever and was enjoying the ducks on his pond. Then, as I was told, in about three seconds he watched something comeout of the water and pull the duck under. The duck never resurfaced.

The guy went back to his pond again several times to see if it would happen again with other ducks (stupid birds), and a week later he saw it again. He asked my dad and four other men if they would help him drain the pond which was relatively small. It took them from sun up to dusk to drain it and when they went in with hip waders, they found the snapping turtle...it looked just like the picture of the one in China.....about 3 feet across...more than that front to back with a massive head. They waited until the next day to load it on the farm's pick-up truck. Someone had called the local zoo who said they would take the animal rather than have my dad empty a 12 gauge into the beasty.

The turtle was extremely pissed to be yanked from the mud in the lake, but by being careful to grab it behind the head, my dad and the four men loaded it onto the truck and hauled it away. It was huge. I got to see it before it was gone. I was 8. I wet my pants after peering over the edge of the bed of the truck and the turtle hissed at me.

It looked just like Gamarron. This was in New Jersey. You may contact the Turtle Back Zoo (no joke on the name) if you want to confirm. I'm telling you, if they found something like this in New Jersey, these critters are hearty enough to be found most places. Maybe in a pond near you....

Newtron

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
Hawaii_boy, it looks to me that you're mixing two seperate stories. The "little dead people falling out of trees" sounds like "Naree Pons".
Naree Pons are kind of rare so they haven't been studied much.

Indeed!

What I don't get is how we got from turtles to little people without any connection. It just went from one topic to the next without any warning?

Quick with the answer DezertSkies!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Newtron25.

I've witnessed snappers taking ducks before also. I thought I was crazy when I saw it. It looked like a rock in the pond at first until I watched it go after some baby ducklings. This was in western PA.

I was wondering the same thing Gemwolf. Little people?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I saw it on t.v.

Then it must be true eh?

You are talking about Nari Pons. They are not people, they are plants that, when they dry up, look like little corpses.

Lets get back on topic, re: turtle.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25

I'm telling you, if they found something like this in New Jersey, these critters are hearty enough to be found most places. Maybe in a pond near you....

Newtron
Thanks for that story! that is why i dont do ponds.

I've seen some strange things there in my youth

If this picture is for real (who knows!) this is one ugly #.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DezertSkies

That's just a little one!

Looks like anAlligator Snapping Turtle got loose from someone.

I was going to say that I, too, have seen this turtle before. They are not that uncommon.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yep, It's definantly an Alligator Snapper. I have a 25lb one as a pet (I have a bit of a zoo, the snapper, a Sulcata, a 6 ft Asian water monitor, 3 birds, 2 cats and 5 aquariums (3 fresh/2salt)).

Garaman Rex

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
But is this the first case of an alligator snapping turtle to be found outside of North America? To have such a large one in China could be a pet let go, or could have reproduced and have little snappers all over now. Has the species invaded asia?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdstuff1
But is this the first case of an alligator snapping turtle to be found outside of North America? To have such a large one in China could be a pet let go, or could have reproduced and have little snappers all over now. Has the species invaded asia?

That's the question, is it an isolated incident or is there a species invasion? They are a CITES species, which means import/export is strictly controlled by international treaty, so it's probably not as simple as sending off from the back of a comic book. There's a pretty large black market for CITES species.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
ahhaha i am with Gemwolf on this one, can someone answer how we jumped ship so fast

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BloomingPheonix
ahhaha i am with Gemwolf on this one, can someone answer how we jumped ship so fast

I think the answer may be trollism. If you look at H.B.'s other posts and a warning within a week here at ATS... But that's my opinion. Maybe just a misunderstanding...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
how did an alligator turtle get to china ?? is that a real question - lol ?????????? .

i dont mean to be sarcasitic , but its most likley that a chinese citizen with the money and connections to get a live creature through the various customs checks ` no questions asked ` simply say one or looked at a picture and said : " i want that one " ,

IMHO the biggest ` isue ` of this story is the lazy and sloppy sensationalist journalism demonstrated .

not to undercut the research skills of ATSer ` dezertskies ` in any way -- he correctly identified it withing 18 minuites .

are we really to believe that unamed " chinese experts " could not identify it ???

i personally give them far more credit that that
, and am certain that any one with any sort of education and training to qualify for the tile " expert " would have identified it correctly in seconds .

the reportage of this case is most definitly sub standard , and should be a be considered a warning , when reviwing other crypto zoo stories that claim the find " could not be identified by experts "

APE OUT

[edit on 1-6-2006 by ignorant_ape]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join