It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a toy....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Just thinking the other day :Why would aliens want our plant. We seem to think that we are the only ones with people and water and all that. If we are anything to aliens it would be simply entertainment, don't you think??

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
No, I don't think we are just a "toy."

Perhaps ET's (if they exist) perceive our planet as a war like culture, that may perhaps be a threat 10,000 years from now if we don't destroy ourselves first.

Is that what all the probing is about?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I see 4 thoughts:

1. We are just another race.
2. We are easy food.
3. Our planet is full of easy to mine minerals.
4. Easy access to water.

[edit on 31/5/06 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Although there is a great number of people who think we are being visited be beings from another world, but I have not heard any one say yet that they think there is proof the want this world for them selves, or our lives for there amusment.
If we are beinga visited by such beings with the ability to travel the distance required, I would think they would have the ability to do both.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
my 2 cents on this subject, some form of extraterrestrial life planted us here to observe, why, i dont know

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
its Earth TV
. like when we se wild life on tv. they watching Low tech life on tv.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You know, we should start giving ourselves more credit ... we're not as primitive, we're getting there ... slowly ... but we're a very curious race ...

If ET's do exist, my 2 cents is that there is no reason to believe they are from outer space ... they could be from anywhere ...

Yup.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
you mean like from another demention?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
no were not that primitive, from OUR perspective...but lets say a race started just a tiny bit of time before us...lets say 1,000,000 years (which is nothing in the grand scope of time as we know it)...

1 million years is a HUGE time difference when u think about evolution, especially after intelligence and self awareness begin. we would be retards compared to how smart a race that started 1 million years before us would be.

And as someone stated already, if they wanted our planet for our own...a race t hat had the technology to travel space at the speed required to reach us in a reasonable amount of time...would be a race who would have the power to just destroy us all and take the planet.

maybe we ARE an alien reality tv show lol. Maybe an alien version of Punk'd or Bonzai. "hey lets shove this in its butt, and see what he does". will he

a) run and tell his friends and the media
b) repress the memories and be scarred for life
c) be the 1/10 who likes it

place your bets!!

BETTING... IT AH ENDS!

[edit on 2-6-2006 by yin_yang]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Just thinking the other day :Why would aliens want our planet.

If aliens had the ability to easily travel huge distances in space without a lot of trouble, we'd need to have something interesting to them for them to pay us any attention. We're located on a kind of backwater in the galaxy, and by moving closer to the center they'd be able to visit a lot more planets a lot faster. More radiation, though.

We seem to think that we are the only ones with people and water and all that.

Hey, maybe we are. I don't know of any others, do you?

If we are anything to aliens it would be simply entertainment, don't you think??

Maybe. Are we that entertaining? I suppose it's a matter of opinion. If you ask me, we're a pretty boring lot, for the most part. Our primary concern is successfully breeding. Whoop de freekin doo. We like to think that we'd have something unique to offer any supposed interstellar society. There are a lot of Star Trek shows that emphasize our wonderful unique abilities. But who knows if that's really the case. Could be that we're just all bugs, and there's nobody out there interested in us because there's nobody out there at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Has anyone ever thought about it this way?

--What if the craft that people see are about the same as the craft we send to explore other planets.
--What if they are doing the same as us? Exploring.
--We get alot of pictures back from our craft that show vast expanses of wasteland. Do their PTB's show their people vast expanses of water but to hide our existence only show them pics of huge oceans and occasionaly deserts?

I have more but I will hold off an them. Just my .02 is all.

top topics

join