It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when is it gonna hit the U.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
alright well since late september there have been numerous posts about the bird flu coming to the U.S anytime now. Imhop this virus doesnt seem to be materializing very quickly. ive even been to some of the places where bird flu has been active and i havent gotten anything. I went to thailand in late december into january and traveled from the southern border all the way to the northern part into Chaing Mai with with some of my fellow college students and i went into tribal bird "farms" and everything and i was fine. now im not saying that my chances of getting it were high, but so many people have been hyping this up and its hard to sift through who has alterior motives. the government is kinda sitting out in the background on this issue which kind of suggests that they dont think it is a big deal anymore...but who knows what alterior motives lie there. Sean Hannity has been hyping this up the most out of all newscasters i think since november and he said that it would have hit this spring in the U.S at epidemic proportions...and yet nothing. and ive read so many articles from different doctors all with completly different points of view...

so whats the deal with this virus anyway, do you guys really think it is gonna hit the U.S.A and cause some huge disaster or is this really nothing to worry about?

Cherrio!
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hmmm...i have some good contacts in this industry. i know the guy who was hired to control the Sars scare, and he told me that Bird FLu would probably hit Europe in the third quarter of this year (or was it next year?), but I forgot the specifics...doh!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Part of the problem in answering this question stems from the crossover/confusion regarding what "hit" means. There doesn't seem to be enough differentiation between aviasn cases and human cases.

Anyway, there was an article just a month or so ago that said once (if) it becomes human to human transmission elsewhere in the world, expect it to reach the US in two months.

As for the birds, it all depends upon migration and infections from importations. I seriously doubt though that we will really know it till quite a bit after it happens in the US. For all we know it could already be here in the birds. JUst look at how dodgey they are with mad cow.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
september 18th...2006...H5N1 will hit the states

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thanks for posting in my thread guys

gamgamil

are you just being sarcastic or do you have something substantial to backup the date you just posted?

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
september 18th is when it all happens...mayan longcount reaches 0.0.6.6.6...the end begins on that date...or there abouts...or maybe not...not substantial evidence granted...just call it a hunch

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If you mean the "Bird Flu" in birds not in humans it shouldn't take long now as PEI is right on the Flyway that comes down the eastern seaboard of North America. The big question is if it will pass to any humans here or will they be able to keep it confined to birds only. I would say that if I see any dead birds around I won't pick them up as I personally don't know enough about how it is transmitted from animal to human to make me comfortable doing that.

new topics

top topics

join