It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DD- Next Time Diary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Dear Diary:

I learned a very important lesson today...

When I first heard Daddy say we were moving again, I became very excited. I bounced around the room, singing, "...we're moving...we're moving." But when Daddy snapped at me, I had to be quiet.

I tried to ask some questions, but Mommy and Daddy kept talking for so long. When they finally stopped, I forgot what I wanted to ask and had to try to remember it. When I did, they started talking again.

Next time, I'm going to try and remember real hard...

Dear Diary:

My last day at school was on a Wednesday, and I was real sad. Moving wasn't such a great idea after all. Ms. Thompson made me stand up at the front of the class while everyone said goodbye to me. I hate Ms. Thompson. Jimmy Felder laughed at me and Tonya Johnson rolled her eyes.

After school, I went to go swing on my favorite swing for the last time. There were some girls already using it. Mommy came to pick me up before they were done, so I didn't get a chance to swing on it.

Next time, I'm going to push those girls out of the way...

Dear Diary:

I am sleeping in a hotel. My bed is very big. I have to keep the light on. Mommy is mad that I wouldn't eat my tomatoes at dinner. Daddy is mad because I make too much noise while he is sleeping. Mommy says he has to drive hundreds of miles and needs a good night sleep. Tomorrow we go on a car trip all day to our new home.

I forgot Pooky. Mommy says he's in a box on the moving truck. I want him, but Mommy says I can't get him.

Next time, I want to go into the box with Pooky...

Dear Diary:

We are in another hotel. Mommy and Daddy are real tired. I have to be quiet.

I played with the remote control for a little bit and the telephone. Mommy got mad when the hotel people called me back. I had to sit in the corner for eight minutes. I played with the curtain.

Next time, I won't push the buttons with the pictures on them...

Dear Diary:

I have lived in my new house for two weeks. My new school is very big, and I don't know anyone.

This morning when I woke up to go to school, I found a small green frog on a pole in the carport. I caught him. He was very beautiful. I couldn't take him to school, so I put him in our metal garbage can in the back yard and closed the lid real tight. I wanted to play with him later when I got back.

I thought about the shiny green frog all day. When school was over, I got off the bus and ran to the garbage can where I put my frog. I opened the lid, and he was dead.

He looked very brown and dried out. I cried real hard.

When Daddy got home, he said I cooked him.

Next time, I'll leave the frog alone...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Nevermind...went to make a small edit and realized I can't.

Let it ride...

[edit on 31-5-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
cool story loam, i went to seven different schools growing up including remote schooling, those moves were always exciting yet scary at the same time.

Cheers
M4S

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thank you, mojo4sale.

Each of those vignettes have some special meaning for me. It was fun writing them.

I also love reading all of the other entries! ATS is a special place.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
great entry loam.

well written, humorous and enjoyable style. It reminded me of my seven year old daily school journal...well except for that every other word is misspelled and looks like chicken scratch.

well done.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
great entry loam.

well written, humorous and enjoyable style. It reminded me of my seven year old daily school journal...

Thanks!

Originally posted by worldwatcher
...well except for that every other word is misspelled and looks like chicken scratch.

well done.

I thought about doing that, but then I was concerned it would reveal the truth of my present day spelling abilities.... Thank god for spell check!

new topics

top topics

join