It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombs in Kansas City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Watch out for out of place 5 gal. buckets and 50 gal. drums.

I recieved a phone call from my cousin today. She told me that a bomb had just gone off near her husbands workplace in the industrial area of Kansas City. She said that they were told it was not the first. There were 4 or 5 other times. The previous bombs were in 5 gal. buckets filled with shrapnel. This time it was a 50 gal. drum. She said that they were not given much info, and were asked not to tell anyone so that there was no panic, and because they were getting close to figuring out who was responsible for these bombs. We have no idea if anyone has been injured. I do not have a link for this at this time, because it is not yet allowed in the news. Is there anyone else in the Kansas City area, or any other U.S. cities who has heard of this happening? My cousin is pretty shook up by all this. Her husband works in a place where there are a lot of chemicals and explocive materials. It is a growing fear now with those who work in the area. I hate to think what would have happened if this had gone off too close to his building.

I appreciate the law enforcments looking out for our best interests, however I do believe that people should be made aware of this. People need to know to look out for out of place buckets and 50 gal drums. It is sad that this world has come to this, and I understand they are working hard so that we dont have to walk around paranoid, but I think people need to be aware of any and all risks.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wonder how long it has been since the others might have gone off? I'm here and haven't heard of any of this yet. This is news to me.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
ive heard nothing..

is this on the news

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Strange bogus packages turning out to be sneakers make it on the news daily.

Why not this? I mean the media would be all over this like a cheap suit.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have been scanning several news links since I read this post and have yet to find anything whatsoever. Are there any local KC news links for this?

We have a TV in our office break room and I just checked the cable news stations and see no 'breaking news' or even scrolls at the bottom of the screen on this.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Watch out for out of place 5 gal. buckets and 50 gal. drums.

My cousin is pretty shook up by all this. Her husband works in a place where there are a lot of chemicals and explocive materials. It is a growing fear now with those who work in the area.
[edit on 30-5-2006 by mrsdudara]

Could be just that... an explosion caused by the "everyday chems / items" that are there.... doesn't have to be a "bomb"....

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
ABC local

FOX

The only mainstream story I've seen this week is
Murder suspects make first court appearance... from
Peacock- NBC local

Googled

It is still news to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
They are not allowing it to go public right now. I was hoping someone else had experienced this, and could give their view on it. They said they dont want people to get upset, and they are getting close to finding who ever is responsible for this, so they do not want word to get out....no news allowed. I wish they would let the news cover it, people need to know. These bombs are just that. Not accidents. They are bombs placed in 5 gal buckets and the last one was a 50 gal drum. They put the bombs in them and fill it with shrapnel, and blow them up. They have been going off outside. This last one was the 4th or 5th one to go off. The people in the industrial area are starting to get nervous. My cousins husband even thought about quitting his job. This is not the first time stuff like this has not made the news. I know that there was a trucking co. down in southern MO that the FBI had their way with, but that was only from the locals. The first I heard of it, I didnt take it seriously, but when you hear a few different people who dont know each other talk about it, your ears start to perk up. The locals were all excited and spooked. Apparently the Feds came in and swarmed the place, but then again I didnt see it, and I am sure it could easily turn into a fish story. It was probably just a couple of feds that in time turned into a swarm of feds, but who knows. That never made the news either. It is getting frustrating. Part of me understands the reasons why, but I still want to know what is going on.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
My cousin is pretty shook up by all this.

Sounds like a good time to go on vacation to a state far far away!

A big problem with them not telling people is....who knows how long its been going on for. Public pressure can usually force them to invest a lot more manpower into an investigation also.

And consider, what if, there are things like this going on in several major american cities, all being covered up. What we're seeing is also, in a sense, how information spreads without the mainstream media also. Much slower, less definite, etc.

It will be interseting to see just who is doing this too, militia-types, islamists, stupid kids, etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Well, I heard some more info on the subject. Apparently it was not covered by the news not because it might frighten people, but because pipe bombs, and bucket bombs (or whatever you call them) are so common now days that the news just doesnt bother with it any more. Guess it wasn't that big of a deal after all???

top topics

join