It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get a Blog

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
AboveTopSecret.com 2006
NEW Member Blogging System

(UPDATE: Contest Postponed Because Of Lack Of Member Blog Variety
We will reintroduce this contest in the spring of 2007.)

The new AboveTopSecret.com Member Blogging Service is now ready for prime-time!

The service uses industry-leading Movable Type 3.2 for a full-featured and exceptionally robust personal weblog environment. You can find links to our early blog testers at the bottom of each ATS page.

We're now accepting new blog application requests from any member with more than 50 combined posts in ATS, BTS, or PTS. You'll need to supply three items: Blog name, topic, and your email address.

Our blog topics are:
- Conspiracy Theory - All ATS-centric topics
- Political Commentary - All PTS-centric topics
- Humor & General Interest - All BTS-centric topics
- Personal Blog - All about you
- Random Thoughts - Any mix of all of the above

Category Prizes
During the summer months of 2006, you'll have the opportunity to build up your blog with a custom design and unique content. Beginning August 15th, all blogs that have been created before August 1st are open for member voting. Members votes will select the top three in each category, then we'll have a final run-off vote to pick our category winners. Each category winner will receive a limited edition Cutter&Buck embroidered logo ATS polo shirt.

Grand Prize
All five category winners will then enter a final member voting process to pick our grand prize ATS Member Blog Winner for 2006. The Grand Prize is a brand new PSP Value Pack

Staff blogs are not eligible for voting or prizes.

So get in on the action and make your voice heard via a sophisticated blogging service, attached to one the Internet's most heavily trafficked discussion boards!

Get your new ATS Member Blog in the ATS Store! If you have 50 posts or more, it only costs 1,000 points.

UPDATE: New prizes and contest details will be announced in April of 2007.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Are our blogs going to be posted at the bottom of the page, like the other ones, or will they be In a seperate directory?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
All blogs will be linked at the bottom, in addition to mini-profile link on each post you make.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Im getting on this right now for Political commentary, I want to be a part of this for sure. Right now im just trying to figure out how this is going to work.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I try to choose a blog topic, all 5 of them say conspiracy. Not much of a choice.

EDIT: Problem solved. That's the last time I'm using IE. Kinda wish the coding for Firefox and the coding for IE could go a bit more hand-in-hand.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by AlienS]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Will we be able to change the template code, or will it all be standardized, and unchangeable? What is the level of customization that we can do to our blogs? Can we virtually, change anything we want to in our blog?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So.. how do I start? Do I need software? I need instructions

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Who do you send the requests to? umm.. nvm lol

[edit on 5/30/06 by cpr12r]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
No, all you have to do is get 1000 points and buy it from the ATS store.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Good news, everyone.

I had an old blog, but...well...pMachine sucked stuff that I just can't say here.

Movable Type is a good bit better. I purchased a blog about half an hour ago, just awaiting the confirmation from a Blog Czar, then off to some Random Thoughts (on all the topics mentioned
).

Cheers!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
How long do we have to wait for confromation from one of the Blog Czar's?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
Will we be able to change the template code,

Yes. You can use any Movable Type tag and HTML.

What is the level of customization that we can do to our blogs?

What can you think of?

Can we virtually, change anything we want to in our blog?
Everything but the ATS header and footer.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Wow, I'm really pleased with this new ATS feature! Thanks guys, now I can ramble on and on with random thoughts on several topics in mind ... I'm just waiting for confirmation since I already bought a blog in the ATS store ...

Hopefully I get mine up and ready to post, I can't wait

Cheers

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
damn, i only got 778.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This is a great idea...until now I only had my myspace blog which i had to censor...now I will have a blog where I can write free from the paranoia of some government official reading what I write and deeming me a dissident.

GReat Idea Three Amigos

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
hmm so if I decide to have a blog, something I have never had b4, do I have to pick a topic (one of the 5)?
oh and as for the contest...I dont give a rats about a ps2 cos I have it all anyway..but is the contest applicable to members everywhere in the world?

And will there be a help section for people like myself that have never done this b4?

?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord

This sounds really cool! I was thinking of asking for a blog anyway, mostly to do book reviews, and some conspiracy stuff. This is awesome, and best of all, I have just over 1000 points! I wonder if anyone will actually read it...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What a great idea, I knew ATS did blogs, but I'd not really thought of doing one before because I wasn't sure I'd got anything to say, but seeing as we can make it about anything, creating a central focal point for my unstructured ramblings on the forum on various conspiracy topics will be a helpful, and hopefully entertaining, tool.

Thanks ATS.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Member Questions Thread

I started this thread to give members a place to ask blog-related technical questions and (hopefully) have someone answer them -- whether staff or other members.

ATS Bloggers Technical Questions Thread

Collaboration in all things.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ah now I have to win.. my kids have been bugging me for one of those.
Nothing like pressure eh?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join