It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has been Defeated - US Professor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
America is finished.

President George Bush has destroyed United States. War on Terror has ended US power.

Bin Laden must be laughing in his caves, when he reads that an American University Professor's claims that United States has started to disintergrate:

Noam Chomsky: Why it's over for America

An inability to protect its citizens. The belief that it is above the law. A lack of democracy. Three defining characteristics of the 'failed state'. And that, says Noam Chomsky, is exactly what the US is becoming. In an exclusive extract from his devastating new book, America's leading thinker explains how his country lost its way

news.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 30-5-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Unlike Europe, China refuses to be intimidated by Washington, a primary reason for the growing fear of China on the part of US planners. Much of Iran's oil already goes to China, and China is providing Iran with weapons, presumably considered a deterrent to US threats.

Hands up those of you who still think the U.S. will invade Iran.

Come on, you can still type with one hand......

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet

Unlike Europe, China refuses to be intimidated by Washington, a primary reason for the growing fear of China on the part of US planners. Much of Iran's oil already goes to China, and China is providing Iran with weapons, presumably considered a deterrent to US threats.

Hands up those of you who still think the U.S. will invade Iran.

Come on, you can still type with one hand......

I do not think we will invade. Airstrikes maybe...invasion? Sorry even I do not think they, Bush and Co, are that stupid.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
when the enemy is marching west across the farmland of the delmarva peninsula, wake me up will ya?

also, all my prayers go out to the fool army that thinks it can subdue the likes of NYC, Baltimore, DC, and Philly, to name a few......heck, these places are far more dangerous than Iraq.....

www.nysun.com...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Sorry even I do not think they, Bush and Co, are that stupid.

If there's anything to be learned from the last six years, it's that we should never underestimate the stupidity of our current leadership. They are the best recruiters Al Quaeda and their ilk could hope for.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Invasion is not possible without a draft.

Airstrikes to bomb them back to the stone age while leaving the oil facilities intact and working from within (already underway) to install another puppet? - let's call him Shaw II - definitely in the cards.

Whether or not those cards are played is up to whoever has the authority to give the orders...

wait!?...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
when the enemy is marching west across the farmland of the delmarva peninsula, wake me up will ya?

also, all my prayers go out to the fool army that thinks it can subdue the likes of NYC, Baltimore, DC, and Philly, to name a few......heck, these places are far more dangerous than Iraq.....

www.nysun.com...

They might be easier than one would think. About the time it takes for an atom to split open.
Not that anyone would actually WIN in that. But, hey, they would still be just as GONE.
One of the frightening things about this age.
Sad but true.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

If there's anything to be learned from the last six years, it's that we should never underestimate the stupidity of our current leadership. They are the best recruiters Al Quaeda and their ilk could hope for.

touché LOL

Well the US Army brass would defect in droves. They are just as tired, of Iraq, as the grunts.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
Noam Chomsky

"Evil" has a name and it's name is the Devil's own anti-American and anti-Semite advocate: Noam Chomsky.

35 OF NOAM CHOMSKY'S BIGGEST WHOPPERS: 35 'Big Lies' By The Biggest Leftist Liar Of Them All!
(Scroll down 1/4 of the page)

seekerof

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Shoot the messenger eh Seekerof?

Your anti-liberal foaming at the mouth routine is getting tiresome.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
No worries here, cammon my fellow Americans dont underestimate our strongest ability, POLITICS! We dont need to worry about Iran, see there is that country that we made and fund that has a very itchy trigger finger. 50 Cent who? The Jews have been almost exterminated twice, they have big guns, and when a neighbor tells you they want to wipe you off the face of the earth and you have a nuke and there trying to get one what are u ganna do? Im just counting the day till Israel turns Iran into a parking lot. Then well have to deal with WWIII of couse because China attacks Israel, we defend Israel and attack China, the UK and Austrailia back us, France, Germany join China, and then Russia needs to make a decision. But then again thats for another post.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Here's more evidence that your government have defeated you, the U.S. citizens...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The only defeat that America has suffered is the defeat brought on by those with an almost PERSONAL vendetta against the current administration.
It's not a true defeat, just a division. Based on Electoral Sour Grapes.

Those who are MORE than happy to point out mistakes, things that can be construed as mistakes, and things that can be manipulated into something that resembles a mistake, are the ones who will take this country down. You should be proud. Crapping in your own house.

You want to get out of Iraq? Then stop the drivel. Stop reveling in every mistep.
You gripe, but never have a real solution, just unrealistic ones.

Let the Sons an daughters of the United States actually FIGHT this war, finish it, and win it. Every day, you go over current events with a fine toothed comb. Looking for "funny things that Bush did". It's sickening. And it only prolongs things.
You want out? Then deal with the facts of war.

It's pretty obvious that the preference is to lose the War, just so you can say "I told you that Bush sucked".

Defeat will only come from within. From the likes of Noam, and others.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The funny thing when people recommend or comment on books on ATS (even indirectly, via an article or review, as here) is you get a huge number of comments before anyone talks about the content of the book itself. Myself included in that category.

spacedoubt- One shudders to think what America would be like without those people pointing out mistakes vehemently and often. That kind of scrutiny is one reason we have checks and balances in our government, a bicameral congress, open trials, and a free press.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by koji_K]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Talk about predictions after predictions. I remember reading many books where it predicts America would fall after the Vietnam war. Or that America would have a revolution after the Great Depression, etc. Thats why its annoying. People like Chomsky do these things to attract attention by making What if or the consequences if doing this.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Noam Chomsky in my opinion is a very intelligent man. Calling him anti-Semite as an excuse to discredit him for what he says is ludicrous. Just because he would call something that is the "official line" into question, and then making a loser out of him for that is extremely wrong as well, imo.

Jeez, I thought we were supposed to constantly question our government. To constantly argue points over how any administration runs the show. That is our duty as American citizens (those of us on here that are). How can anyone make that out to be a bad thing, is just beyond me.

I guess we're supposed to just sit about and take everything that the MSM feeds us on a silverspoon and shut-up?

Anyone that has the guts to question the government, will always be a hero in my book. At least he is obviously using the rights that we are given but rarely take advantage of.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K

spacedoubt- One shudders to think what America would be like without those people pointing out mistakes vehemently and often. That kind of scrutiny is one reason we have checks and balances in our government, a bicameral congress, open trials, and a free press.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by koji_K]

I understand, and mostly agree Koji.
I think this overzealous scrutiny is not serving the same purpose.
Instead of oversight, it's for empowering one party, or for disparaging another.
It's almost to the level of namecalling on the playground, with no regard for the big picture.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectChaos
...and then Russia needs to make a decision. But then again thats for another post.

Try this: Russia Tentatively Approves Ban on Dollar, Euro.

Russia has made her decision.

Originally posted by Spacedoubt
Every day, you go over current events with a fine toothed comb. Looking for "funny things that Bush did". It's sickening. And it only prolongs things.
You want out? Then deal with the facts of war.

That is hardly the level of analysis that is presented in that article.

Slagging Chomsky for his opinions because you don't like them will not change the fact that this man will go down in history as a hero. Which is more than you or I could say for ourselves.

Translation: You offer solutions I don't like.

Yes there have been many predictions of the fall of the United States. So there's the chicken little syndrome to deal with. But as with all such stories there arrives a day where the cries are for real and stupid acts like shooting the bearer of bad news (like the Kings of old), or worse, the active denial of conditions leading to the downfall, will not only ensure it, it will cause it. Evil's name is Hubris.

edit: link fixed

[edit on 5/30/2006 by Gools]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Well the US Army brass would defect in droves. They are just as tired, of Iraq, as the grunts.

No doubt true.
Unfortunately it's not going to be very good for this country if all the smart folks quit the military...

A lot of the cream of the crop of the officer corps left during the buildup to Vietnam, and look how well that one worked out.

My father was one of them, actually. He was a USN officer, an ARFCOS secret courier during the hottest years of the Cold War, but left when he saw how badly Vietnam was being mismanaged - this was actually right around Tonkin - I always got the impression he knew something about Tonkin he didn't like but couldn't talk about, and that destroyed his faith in the military. To his credit, whatever it was he knew, he never told anyone.

Back on topic, I think the title of the thread is a bit off.

"America has been defeated" doesn't quite convey what's most remarkable about what's happened over the last six years. America hasn't been defeated by any outside force... our wounds are almost entirely self-inflicted. With the end of the Cold War the US found itself in a position of economic, military and political preeminence almost unprecedented in world history. But the campaign to "redraw the map of the Middle East" has seen much of that flushed down the drain. And as far as I can see it's only going to get worse.

Even if the Democrats sweep Congress this November, and take the White House two years from now, I don't see anyone with the vision to change the course in any fundamental way. Who is the Democrats' current leading contender? Hillary Clinton, whose foriegn policy ideas, when examined carefully, are not too far from Bush's own. I see little reason for optimism, regardless of what happens in '06 and '08...

[edit on 5/30/06 by xmotex]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Translation: You offer solutions I don't like.

LOL,

Thank you for telling me what I meant.

I really meant non-solutions..I really really did.
half of America thinks non-action is better than pro-action.
Non-action, and Ultra-political correctness, was our achilles heel.
It still is.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join