It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is stopping you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Just remember, the pencil is more than 90% empty space, and that little "force" is actually required to move it with "thought force". It's simply using a sense that we aren't used to using...that's the hard part... It actually takes more "force" to move it with your hand, because it too, is more than 90% empty space (all that space in those atoms), but it's a sense we are used to using every moment, and so it is easier....

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Gazrok, how about at least 99.9999% empty space. And the rest are a probability.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
im trying to do the proposed task, guess what....it's not working(surprised?
), i simply dont think there's any possible way to do this unless:
the pencil is acted upon by an outer force
if all the air moved towards four corners in the room at the speed of sound, the pencil would float up in the air

Cyrus, if a person can learn to quiet their mind, it can become an outside force. It's not an easy task, but I assure you, it can be done.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ahh... but use a threaded needle... stick the needle into the eraser, and hold the thread in your finger tips...

Now, in your mind, imagine arrows at the pencil tip... they can go back and forth, side to side, even clockwise/counterclockwise... imagine it stopping. *KEEP YOUR HAND VERY STILL* This is the first step in mentally moving something. After practice, move up to something larger, heavier...

When you think you have had enough practice, take a threaded needle and stick it in a curtian... *DON"T HOLD IT*... practice the arrows from the first step... only this time, imagine the arrows connecting the needle to you... there has to be a connection... even one as simple as your feet touching the floor, floor touching the wall, etcetera... as long as you are consciously aware of there being a connection! This is step two... ALOT harder than step one...

Lastly... move something by mind alone. Imagine the arrows. Imagine the connections. Expect headaches... oh yes, expect good hard headaches... I was one step 1, and jumped to step three... mistake! So now I've been reconditioning myself...

It can be done.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
interesting method soothsayer, i will definately consider trying that. i especially like the way you made it teach the body to trancend from the physical aspect of seeing the connections to then abandoning them and visualizing it mentally after. seems like the right way to go about it if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My mother was the one that showed me the needle part... everything else is a gradual developement.

I think I was 10-12 yeras old when I was taught that... I think it goes along with pendulums and dowsing... but I can't be sure.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Another method I've read about, but very difficult:

I'll use a spoon for this one.

Imagine yourself being the spoon. And I mean really being the spoon, you must forget your human bodily sensations and feel as if your body is the shape of that spoon and is that spoon. Now (in your mind) bend yourself. According to what I've read... the spoon should bend in the same way.

Another way is to imagine your hands being bigger than they normally are and try to move the pencil with those imaginary hands.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
My mind can move pencils all day long... it just tells my hand to do it's bidding. Lazy bastard isn't it?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
No one can do it eh? Do a search on Anna Kulagina. I think that's how her name is spelled...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Another method I've read about, but very difficult:

I'll use a spoon for this one.

Imagine yourself being the spoon. And I mean really being the spoon, you must forget your human bodily sensations and feel as if your body is the shape of that spoon and is that spoon. Now (in your mind) bend yourself. According to what I've read... the spoon should bend in the same way.

Another way is to imagine your hands being bigger than they normally are and try to move the pencil with those imaginary hands.

I did something similar to the imaginary hands thing and had it work, I just envisioned more of an extension of my body pushing it. Not a physical extension, more of a spiritual/ethereal extension. I found that to work, but it took a lot of concentration.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Anna Kulagina? i could find anything on google flinx.... could you verify the spelling?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think most everyone has tried this when they are a kid. It never works. I wonder if a bunch of people got together and tried it at the same time, if it would work then? An experiment to try ...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join