It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Substance-d?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ok, what's with this? Why do we have members myspace pages being advertised on the main site banner? I can't seem to get away from it. Is this one of the 3 Amigo's myspace pages, or is it just some dude who had the bucks to advertise their own myspace page?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Ok, what's with this? Why do we have members myspace pages being advertised on the main site banner? I can't seem to get away from it. Is this one of the 3 Amigo's myspace pages, or is it just some dude who had the bucks to advertise their own myspace page?

really???

take a screen cap so we all can see...

press and hold the "ctrl" and "print screen / sysrq" buttons on your keyboard...

EDIT:

never mind i saw it...

maybe simongray likes that page

[edit on 30-5-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It is a myspace for the movie A Scanner Darkly.

It is the big thing now for movies to make up myspaces.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Any reason why it's the only ad in the top banner? Seems odd to me.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

All the different advertising slots are filled by clients, and in this case, a client purchased dedicated run-of-campaign space that includes the top banner space.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

All the different advertising slots are filled by clients, and in this case, a client purchased dedicated run-of-campaign space that includes the top banner space.

BTW 3 Amigos. A Scanner Darkly is one of the best books of all time, next to A Waking Life. It is a perfect ad for this site. Any of you seen the movis site. I think it is flash. Whatever they coded it in they had one heck of a good design team.
A Scanner Darkly

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The movie looks pretty cool.
I'm going to try and catch it in the theater.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A Waking Life was a great movie and I generally like Linklater's work a lot. The only thing with the banner is that it doesn't mention the movie, but then I'm new at (or maybe too old for) this newfangled "viral marketing" thing.

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
It is a perfect ad for this site.

Ya think?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I think it is flash.

Not quite flash, but close. They filmed it live-action and then overlaid the animation. It's a really neat effect and allows for some excellent things to be done on screen. I'm a big fan of Linklater's work, though I must say I'm glad this isn't as trippy looking as Waking Life was.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just be sure to read the Philip K Dick novel- scanner darkly...
as with anything, i am sure the Movie will leave out certain details, that the book will help clarify...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I assume this is better than the flashing free notebooks yes?
I worked hard to get this deal and I think it fits our site to a "T".

The movie looks like it's going to be awesome as well. The trailers are fabulous. Like LazarusTheLong said, read the book first. I am going to pick it up and read it next week myself.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I assume this is better than the flashing free notebooks yes?
I worked hard to get this deal and I think it fits our site to a "T".

The movie looks like it's going to be awesome as well. The trailers are fabulous. Like LazarusTheLong said, read the book first. I am going to pick it up and read it next week myself.

Springer...

No Springer this is much better than the laptop ad. In fact that was the first thing I thought. Followed closely by: "Man this is so ATS!" LOL

One question you say you worked hard for the ad. So you approached them? I am just asking because Alex Jones has been pushing the movies as well. I assumed that whom ever the production company hired for marketing was angleing for sites such as ATS. Either way...Good Score. If I could I would give ya 3 months of WATS! LOL

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

So you approached them?

They approached us. The movies fits in brilliantly with our subject genre so it's no surprise really they contacted us. The concept of the movie and ATS work hand in hand, we are the perfect target audience.

The real difficulty was Springer putting his foot down about getting free movie tickets and nachos for life at any cinema in the world...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It stars Keanu Reeves and I still want to see it, so it must look good

It's definately the perfect film for ATS, I don't look forward to many but this is one of them. Good work getting the Ads Springer

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm surprised by the sheer amount of the time that this ad appears. I swear that it's there on 9 out of 10 page loads. They must have paid huge

MMP

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I'm surprised by the sheer amount of the time that this ad appears. I swear that it's there on 9 out of 10 page loads. They must have paid huge

It's been the top ad for me since about May 27th or 28th both at home and at work. I haven't seen it change.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Uummmm, anyone remember the Laughing Clown Ad?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
Uummmm, anyone remember the Laughing Clown Ad?

Oh God! Don't remind me!!

new topics

top topics

join