It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Akroyds new video and his personal experiences

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Saw this and figured I'd forward it along.

As most here probably know Dan Akroyd has been a staunch supporter of UFO and paranormal research over the years. He's out with a new video and talking and giving it the old hard sell and even touches on his experiences in the article.

I might actually buy this one...or at least rent.

This still doesn't make up for Blues Brothers 2000 but it's a start.

LINK

Sorry for the long link.

Spiderj

[Mod Edit: Link format. Please review this post - Jak

[edit on 31/5/06 by JAK]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I refuse to buy it. Like the man doesn't have enough money already! It's great that famous actors are getting involved in the cause but it shouldn't have to come at our expense. He'll get no handout from me!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yeah - and let's stick it to those poor copy assitants, boom mangers, leadmen, editors and camera guys.

Those blue collar types working behind the scenes can just rely on unemployment checks!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'll watch it if it ever comes my way... more interested in David Sereda than Irving Mainways (DA)... I like to follow the histories and associations amongst such researchers... I wonder if there will be any significant new data? If it is well done and not an obvious media-grab and adds to the discussion I'm all for it. Can anyone confirm if the David Sereda mentioned is the same fellow invloved in the late Graham Birdsall's - "Smoking gun" documentary?

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Yeah - and let's stick it to those poor copy assitants, boom mangers, leadmen, editors and camera guys.

Those blue collar types working behind the scenes can just rely on unemployment checks!

(EDIT- If you have nothing good to say then do not)

[edit on 30-5-2006 by asala]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just as a casual sidenote - I prefer the term CONEHEAD.

Consuming goods is a standard prerequiste of our lifestyle.

I do not subscribe to Archie Bunker.

*beep*

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
I refuse to buy it. Like the man doesn't have enough money already! It's great that famous actors are getting involved in the cause but it shouldn't have to come at our expense. He'll get no handout from me!
That's a very silly outlook, imo. What do you care who says what as long as its something interesting? Dan has been interviewed with Art Bell and he has some fascinating stories.

Will you never watch any movie so the stars dont profit? That's your option, i guess. Entertainment isnt free, in case you havent noticed.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Maybe, I should clarify for my new found friends. I find it a bit ridiculous in investing 20 dollars of my blue-collar money everytime a semi-celebrity comes out with a video pertaining to a subject matter that interests me.

I am tempted enough by all of RONCO's amazing inventions on his infomertials. If Dan Akroyd really wanted to enlighten us all about this UFO/Alien phenomenon he wouldn't be stiffin us 20 bucks at the door.

When disclosure does eventually break for UFO's and Aliens I guarantee it's not going to cost everyone 20 bucks to find out! It will be written and embrased by the main stream media not has beens from 20 years ago like Dan Akroyd or the Chief of Police from 21 Jump Street.

If you guys have more resources than me, great, get it today, I'll wait to hear your synopsis of it!

jra

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Low Orbit, you are aware that producing videos costs money? I'm sure Mr. Akroyd didn't produce this all by himself. I'm sure he had a video editor, perhaps some camera men and mic operators etc. I'm not sure what all goes on in the video, but either way, i'm sure there are other people who worked on it who'd like to get paid. There's also the distribution costs and all that too. Making video's isn't free. In the end, this video isn't going to make anyone rich, unless it sells millions of copies, which I doubt.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What I was talking about was he should of gone after the networks to try to have them air it on Television like all of his movies these days and even his old SNL episodes.

He probably did go to the networks, it's not a subject they have much interest in.

And you can always just rent the thing.

For me its only worth it if theres new stuff on there.

Didn't mean for this to degenerate into a discussion about akroyds financials...but hey you never know where a thread is going to go.

Spiderj

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Great guys, so how was the video. Was it informative? Was it enlightening?

Has anyone here even seen the video or is everyone just trying to teach me about the Movie/Entertainment industry?

Is there anything else I could learn from you, JRA about the movie industry., please I would love to know.

Have fun wasting your 20 bucks.

My guess is if the networks didn't pick it up it might not be that good!

All of you sure know a lot about the entertainment industry.

If this video is so important for me to see as the last several posts have made it out to be, why haven't any of you seen it? It's been out for over a year.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Dan has been interviewed with Art Bell and he has some fascinating stories.

Weird cause i was just listening to David Sereda and Dan Akroyd on Coast to Coast(Streamcast member and get the classic shows) yesterday and they have tonnes of information on the "STS" videos IMHO are some of the beat proof we have.

I refuse to buy it. Like the man doesn't have enough money already!

What a immature attitude.

jra

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

All of you sure know a lot about the entertainment industry.

Well you seemed to be really lacking in any basic knowledge regarding it, so I thought i'd just point out that the $20 doesn't go stright into Dan Akroyd's pocket. To think otherwise would be silly.

If this video is so important for me to see as the last several posts have made it out to be, why haven't any of you seen it? It's been out for over a year.

I didn't see anyone claim that the seeing the video would be important for you or for anyone. I could care less about the video I don't plan on buying it simply because it doesn't interest me. I just saw your reasons as childish and ignorant, that's all

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
JRA - "Well you seemed to be really lacking in any basic knowledge regarding it, so I thought i'd just point out that the $20 doesn't go stright into Dan Akroyd's pocket. To think otherwise would be silly."

If you sincerely believed that I assumed that all of the 20 dollars from the video was going back to Dan Akroyd maybe you were the one being silly.

I'll be the first one to watch this video if it ever makes it to the Discovery Channel don't get me wrong, until then I wait for your synopsis.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sure it was immature, however it is keeping a Jackson in my wallet. If you want to handle my finances I would love your help.

Could you give us a brief description of what transpires in the video Doc Oc?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Orbit, people aren't asking you to have to buy the video. I know I won't - but that's simply because I'm not that interested in it. You can't get mad at people for making money - at some for making possibly too much money - because the people that are making that money usually do earn it.

Sure it may not look like Dan Akryod is doing much, or did much to earn his keep, but he went through a lot of acting school and college, and put his future at risk for the chance to make it big. Then, instead of using his money to just waste on himself, he decides to sponsor a movie that will likely end up with him either losing money, or just breaking even. Let's not forget that this also puts his reputation on the line, since by connecting himself to the paranormal, to lowbudget movies, and to things the general populace thinks is "wierd", Mr. Akryod is limiting the kinds of movies he'll be doing in the future. Movie directors will be less likely to hire him for certain roles instead of others.

Some people never follow their dreams, and get upset that they never did.
Other people follow their dreams, but fail and get upset that they wasted their time.
Then there's the scant few who follow their dreams and, through determination, perseverance, risk, and a little bit of luck, make it work out, and love what they do.

Always strive to be the third, but never forget that almost (though not quite) everyone is where they are because they've earned it.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I completely agree Yarium.

Has anyone seen this movie(documentary) so that we can get back to the topic at hand?
If not, I will be accepting 20 dollar donations to view this video and to give a brief synopsis in return to anyone interested.

Yey, Capitalism.

I will accept credit and cash. U2U me if interested.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Actually it came out last tuesday which is why Dan is doing the ol' promo-two step.

It's a new video which is I why I posted it, as for getting twenty bucks out of me that's gonna be a pass there Low Orbit.

But I am taking action on when your next warn is going to be...Im putting even money on 48/hours...it pays 5-1 if you last a whole week.

Spiderj

[edit on 5/30/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just tried to edit my post to add this link but it didn't take. I thought that problem had been fixed?

Anyhoo, here's a link to IMDB with a review, the reviewer was not impressed:

www.imdb.com...

Spiderj

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
lol, spider. Then has Dan done videos on UFO's in the past because I could of sworn I was reading about this video with him as the host a few months back.

I was
then because they weren't broadcasting the video from the webpage.

5 to 1 sounds too good to be true, like I said before I accept both Credit and Cash, lol.

video.google.com...

Is this the new film or the old one? Just found it I'm going to watch it in a few hours.

Looks like it was posted in Feb of this year so it is a few months old.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join