It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captured Terrorist Confesses to Beheading hundreds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Iraq is claiming they have captured yet another key terrorists and this one has allegedly confessed he beheaded hundreds of innocent people. There is also no mention of any US involvement, so I wonder if this means that officials in Iraq did this all on their own? I hope so because it would be a sign that they are headed in the right direction

Yahoo news

The Iraqi government said Tuesday it has captured a key terror suspect who allegedly confessed to hundreds of beheadings. Ahmed Hussein Dabash Samir al-Batawi was arrested by a terrorist combat unit on Monday in Baghdad, according to the prime minister's office.

The unit also seized documents, cell phones and computers that contained the names and addresses of other wanted terrorists and information on Islamic extremist groups, the government said in a statement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I Sure hope those cell phones, computers, names, addresses and documents lead to more arrests

[edit on 5/30/2006 by shots]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I see two possibilities here:

First, the confession is a true confession and they caught one of the many criminals that have been kidnapping and killing people. The cases reported by mainstream media are only a small fraction of all the kidnappings that have happened in these years, I do not remember the numbers, but was something like for each foreigner kidnapped there were some 200 locals kidnapped.

Second, the confession was obtained with "different" methods, and if they keep on asking he may confess all, even the San Francisco earthquake...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have a question shots, do you believe that this terrorist committed beheadings?

Edit to add: And if so, why?

[edit on 30-5-2006 by intrepid]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This, if true, actually raises quite an interesting question. Should these acts be treated as criminal acts? I mean if the guy truely has beheaded that many people, that must surely put him up there with some of the worst serial killers ever documented.

Actions such as this, if true, indicate a very mentally imbalanced person. If these acts were perpetrated in normal, everyday life, would you not treat them as an aberration rather than the norm?

This question has been asked about these people - Shankill Butchers.

Very nasty group of people indeed. Their behaviour has been likened to that of mass murderers, rather than the 'freedom fighters' they would liked to have been perceived as, yet they are, reputedly, revered still within some sections of the nationalist community in Northern Ireland.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I have a question shots, do you believe that this terrorist committed beheadings?

[edit on 30-5-2006 by intrepid]

Bump shots, waiting on a reply to my questions. It is YOUR thread after all.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You've posted a claim here and questions have been put to you. Ignoring the questions does nothing for the credibilty of this thread or for yourself. It shows that neither can stand ANY scrutiny.

Is this off topic? Yup. If you answered the questions though we wouldn't be.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

And if so, why?

Intrepid, do you have any substantiated reason to doubt the validity of the AP article that this "terrorist" did not commit the beheading?

seekerof

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

And if so, why?

Intrepid, do you have any substantiated reason to doubt the validity of the AP article that this "terrorist" did not commit the beheading?

seekerof

This is a work in progress Seekerof and you will see the logic IF shots will step up to the plate.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Too be honest I really do not know. All the story states is he confessed that he did. It remains unkown as a true fact at this time.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Too be honest I really do not know. All the story states is he confessed that he did. It remains unkown as a true fact at this time.

Maybe he's lying.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You've posted a claim here and questions have been put to you. Ignoring the questions does nothing for the credibilty of this thread or for yourself. It shows that neither can stand ANY scrutiny.

Tsk tsk getting your shorts in a bundle are we? I do have more then just ATS to attend to ya know. I do have a real life, and have since answered your question

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Tsk tsk getting your shorts in a bundle are we? I do have more then just ATS to attend to ya know. I do have a real life, and have since answered your question

Ok, take 30 seconds of your busy life and tell me if you think he could be lying.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Maybe he's lying.

What would be his purpose in lying?

Would you lie about something like that?

I know I would not that is for darn sure, that would be signing my own death warrant No thank you.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

What would be his purpose in lying?

Would you lie about something like that?

I know I would not that is for darn sure, that would be signing my own death warrant No thank you.

OK, so when a terrorist claims to behead people he's telling the truth but when a child says that torture is going on in Gitmo he's a liar. I quote you:

When in doubt; always remember the Al qaeda handbook states all prisoners must lie and they must claim they have been tortured

This is very selective reasoning. One terrorist is telling the truth to support your views and another is a liar because you don't ascribe to that reality.

So which is it? Is this guy a beheader and the child telling the truth that torture is being committed at Gitmo or are neither true?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yahoo news

The Iraqi government said Tuesday it has captured a key terror suspect who allegedly confessed to hundreds of beheadings. Ahmed Hussein Dabash Samir al-Batawi was arrested by a terrorist combat unit on Monday in Baghdad, according to the prime minister's office.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

One might note the use of the word allegedly in the article.

The government said al-Batawi confessed under questioning that he beheaded hundreds of Iraqis in Baghdad and other Iraqi provinces.

Drill holes in me with a Power Drill, and offer me a nice package if I confess to whatever you say and I'd probably admit too Beheading hundreds of people, too. This whole thing is one of these crappy, blatantly transparent reports 'they' churn out to desperately try and justify things like the murder of 24 innocent men, women, and children, that Marines will now be Court Marshalled over. The stupid among us will eat it up like spoon fed children, and forever demand more of the same.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

This is very selective reasoning. One terrorist is telling the truth to support your views and another is a liar because you don't ascribe to that reality.

So which is it? Is this guy a beheader and the child telling the truth that torture is being committed at Gitmo or are neither true?

I never said he was telling the truth nor did I say he was lying.

I said I do not know; followed by would you lie; followed by I know I would not.

Actually if you consider what Moussaoui did when he stated he lied about participation in 911 the possibility exists that all three, The Kid/kids, Moussaoui, and this alleged butcher are all following the al qaeda training manual by lying.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wtf?

Is the sky falling? Once again I'm agreeing with Intrepid. Whoa.

KS has a pretty good point. If this is true, why shouldn't this guy be added to the ranks
of Bundy, Gacy, and the other notorious serial killers? Maybe with a note that this happened during war.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just thinking aloud.

The Iraqi government said Tuesday it has captured a key terror suspect who allegedly confessed to hundreds of beheadings.

Possibility 1: This is a 100% bona fide story. If so, the guy is not a 'terrorist', regardless of whichever organisation he is supposedly affiliated to. He is a psycopath and I would consider usage of the phrase 'key terror suspect' to be a well placed red herring.

Possibility 2: There is indeed a gentleman named Ahmed Hussein Dabash Samir al-Batawi sitting in a cell somewhere in Baghdad, having confessed to crimes he has not commited...

a) ...for reasons know only to himself. This is a possibility. There are many, for want of a better phrase, mentally unstable people in the world. The reporting of this story may just simply be the result of an eager journalist or suchlike.

b) ...under duress. The legitimacy of such information, given the alledged level of destruction involved, would surely be questioned if not willingly volunteered. If not, one must ask oneself, what sort of perception of these apparent adversaries are we expected to have?

Possibility 3: The whole she-bang is a media invention, right down to the photograph of 'Mr. Ahmed Hussein Dabash Samir al-Batawi' which, to be honest could have been dug up from anywhere.

I don't know which one of these, if any, may be correct, but I think I get the jist of what we are supposed to be thinking.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Has an appropriate amount of heads, and/or headless bodies been found? It sort of defeats the purpose if its not seen somehow.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all , just recently I discovered a website which has a whole list of movies to do with American troops in Iraq and movies of actual conflict shot mainly from the U,S. troops themselves.
But in there as well there are a couple of movies, that have been taken from the Iraqi military, showing them dealing out discipline to there own troops.
Due to the EXTREME graphic nature of the movies I will wait until an O.K. from one of the moderators before posting the link, as I am still fairly new here and am not sure about whether this kind of link is allowed, Needless to say that if this is the way they treat their own troops then mass beheadings is not a surprise to me at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join