It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vinyl goes laser...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Got Vinyl? Then you are likely "old" like me or a "scratcher". Love those LP's... too bad I can't play them without putting an abrasive "needle" on the record... Well now you can, ELP has a new product that reads your vinyl by laser only... no more wear from simply playing your historic archives! The catch... it's mui, mui, denaro.
Here's a $15K USD link for those who have an interest and piles of vinyl.

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
lol, great find. I'll be number 1 on the waiting list. It's been way too long since i've listened to my "Alvin and the Chipmunks" Vinyl's.

And for only 15,000$ who can say no?!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hey, thank you for the link. I was waiting for LP's to come back in style.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm neither old nor a scratcher. But I do get a kick out of vinyl. There's something almost magical about putting on a 30 year-old LP and listening to some good stuff, the way it was first meant to be listened. I'm primarily a CD man and never buy a new album on vinyl (plus they're getting rare) but I think it's incredibly interesting to listen to a raw, scratchy recording.... in it's exact format and sound that it was meant to be heard in. I've got a huge Bob Dylan and Neil Young collection of LPs that I've had for a long time. When I'm at home, I'll pop those on a turntable rather than listen to them on CD.

I certainly don't have the moola to get one of these vinyl laser-players but maybe down the road, their prices will come down.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i was Djing up to a couple of years back when I stopped due to ill health and used only vinyl. I LOVE the stuff and even though the newer CD deck are damn good it just doesn't replace the feel of vinyl.

I think $15,000 is a little out of my price range though

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thanx for the replies! Yeah $15K USD ought to drop to $59.95 in a few years if there was demand... My dream vinyl system would have an auto-changer, preferably the old mechanical center post type and an air bed for the drive much like the old Schlumbergers and B&O turntables... I'd also like speed selectabilty (108, 78, 45, 33, 15, and 8 RPM to cover all the common wax and vinyl formats from day one, and directional selectablity for my Zep' habit, a PC network interface would be really cool. Nothing quite like the ambiance of good crisp vinyl... Pink Floyd, Darkside', Time, is as good as any. Enjoy!.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
I'd also like speed selectabilty (108, 78, 45, 33, 15, and 8 RPM to cover all the common wax and vinyl formats from day one, and directional selectablity . Enjoy!.

then add in a cd drive, tape and 8 track deck then we'd be all set. 100 years of music on 1 player

top topics

join