It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 Administration Officials Involved In Plame Leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Source

23 Administration Officials Involved In Plame Leak
The cast of administration characters with known connections to the outing of an undercover CIA agent:

Karl Rove
I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby
Condoleezza Rice
Stephen Hadley
Andrew Card
Alberto Gonzales
Mary Matalin
Ari Fleischer
Susan Ralston
Israel Hernandez
John Hannah
Scott McClellan Dan Bartlett
Claire Buchan
Catherine Martin
Jennifer Millerwise
David Wurmser
Colin Powell
Karen Hughes
Adam Levine
Bob Joseph
Vice President Dick Cheney
President George W. Bush

Its quite a story. Enjoy.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
good read dgtempe

Boy this is the story that just wont die for the white house...gawd it must be eating them up..good... not that anything will really happen to all these criminals.

But at least we get to watch em squirm for a bit.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can imagine what a dither that White House must be in.

I wouldnt want to be them. Somehow, they will survive- anyway, its not as if they care what image they portray.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
absolutely agree...

I guess when they get so used to no accountability they just start to feel invincible...and who knows maybe they are!

The worst part is these people are supposed to be representatives for the rest of us...what does that say to the world about us.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If even 10% of these allegations can be proven, the administration is in serious trouble.

Nice link....

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is going to take a long time to read through each one, but dgtempe, very good find. Lets see how this news story plays out. You know that the guy from NSA watching this forum just hit the red button!

Great job, I can't wait to read every one of these articles.

Now if only they could start on the Clintons... just my opinion, but I think they should be next. Alas, that is for another thread.

*bows*

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Great find DGTempe!

It says that Rove is expected to be indicted within the next 2 weeks. I guess the initial post about that was proven true! It also said that Plame was undercover, I guess that puts an end to the rumors that she wasn't. And the outing of an undercover agent is a very serious treasonous crime.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thank you. Its my pleasure to find all these goodies on the Internet.

I wonder what Seekerof would have to say about this?
Have a read, Seek, and we will see who ends up eating that crow.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
This is going to take a long time to read through each one, but dgtempe, very good find. Lets see how this news story plays out. You know that the guy from NSA watching this forum just hit the red button!

Great job, I can't wait to read every one of these articles.

Now if only they could start on the Clintons... just my opinion, but I think they should be next. Alas, that is for another thread.

*bows*

lmao..niteboy82... im sure they are... you can just see them now

NSA agent: jesus looks like ATS is at it again should we flag em

NSA supervisor: give it a couple minutes lets wait to see how people respond.

NSA agent: um... sir,

NSA supervisor: Yes Agent 420, what is it now?

NSA agent: It looks like the responses are not favorable for us

NSA supervisor: Ok now flag em'

NSA agent: should we dispatch?

NSA supervisor: have them on stand-by

and of course you know what I say: everyone wave to the NSA

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Great find DGTempe!

It says that Rove is expected to be indicted within the next 2 weeks. I guess the initial post about that was proven true! It also said that Plame was undercover, I guess that puts an end to the rumors that she wasn't. And the outing of an undercover agent is a very serious treasonous crime.

Forestlady,

Cool off those hot little hands and stop being so excitable. The portion that mentions "two weeks" comes from two news articles that were published last October, for God's sake.

"It also said that Plame was undercover, I guess that puts an end to the rumors...." ??? What does that mean? You like this reference, so you just randomly decide to put it above any other reference, some of which do claim that Plame couldn't be considered undercover? On what basis do you treat this source as outweighing all (or any of) the others?

Look, everyone, I like Rove about as much as you do. The guy is a political operator, a type I consider to actually be lower than the politicians themselves. But he will never, repeat NEVER, be indicted for leaking Plame's name. Fitzgerald has already decided that there was no crime involved in that leak, or he would have charged Scooter Libby with the crime.

Legal definition of "Covert Agent"

The law that protects the identity of a "Covert Agent"

I'm no lawyer, but it looks from the above as if it could be hard to make the case that Plame actually was covert, and that what the Whitehouse did rose to the level of actually violating the above-linked law. This is due to the following phrase, which appears in each instance laid out in the above law:

...knowing that the information disclosed so identifies such covert agent and that the United States is taking affirmative measures to conceal such covert agent’s intelligence relationship to the United States
(My bold.)

No, if Rove is ever indicted in this case, it will be for suspected lying to the investigators and/or committing perjury during testimony, exactly what happened to Libby. Fitzgerald might bring this charge, but it'll be hard to convict on - he's already finding that out with Libby.

Harte

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
We will see, said the blindman. Where there's smoke, there's fire.
I'm glad its taken so long- I like to see them sweat it out. Rove is said to have lost 50 lbs because of this.

I wonder why!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I agree that the outing of Ms Plame was a warning shot to anyone else at CIA that might have wanted to come forward discrediting the administrations claims that they only followed the intelligence given to them by CIA.

The appointment of Hayden is clearly an attempt to quiet dissent within the CIA and probably
a means to gather any damning evidence that would further damage the administration's official
story.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Another Rove Ruse?

Rove may be turning state’s evidence. We suspect that the scope of Fitzgerald’s investigation may have broadened—and clearly to Cheney...”

This is a long and winding snake-like story. How appropriate for the likes of Rove and Cheney, though...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think there's a story behind the story behind the story here.

Plame's specialty was Iran's nuke program. When she was burned, so were her contacts. Lights out on that team of information gatherers.

Now, they're contemplating action against Iran based on suppositions about the progress of their nuclear programs.

Is it in the best interests of the Bush administration to not know facts about Iranian nukes?

There is a pattern here: AQ Kahn was burned, too, and he was burned while he was supplying us information on the movement and sale of nuclear weapons components. Why did the Bush administration terminate a good information source? Again, I think they want our military strategy to be faith-based, not fact-based.

new topics

top topics

join