It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-War Protesters Hit With Pepper Spray

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Bang the Gates and you get Pepper Sprayed?

There's quite a bit of difference between banging on the gates and trying to break them down.

I also like how your sources come from the point of view of the protestors. Of course they're going to say they were doing nothing wrong. Why don't you take a look at what the soldiers and police who enforced the law had to say? Or is looking at an arguement from both sides too much to ask?

[edit on 5/30/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Souljah, what is with you? All you ever post is how evil the US is, or how we are becoming a police state.

Im glad people are calling you on this one because this plainly spin.

you feel you have some obligation to reveal some great plot here in the US?

YOU DONT EVEN LIVE HERE!.....why do you care?

the answer is you dont....you were raised hating the west (or US) Im not sure if the region in the world you live in is considered in the west or east, I would classify that area as being more easternly influenced. east hates the west always has.

hatred of the US is nothing new in europe or in many places of the globe.

yet I find it interesting that these are SOLDIERS being disrespected and threatened and the people who do it are the heros? they are the heros for protesting by violent means yet when they are told to move and do not and force is required they become innocent victims that were merely excercisng their rights?

as skippy said, you obviously dont understand our laws very well....

You CAN peacefully assemble to protest.....

you CANNOT interfere with government operations, disrupt funeral services for soldiers, or harass soldiers shipping out.

This is not only distasteful but is an abuse of a cherished freedom and they need to be stopped.

you need to read up more on what prompted freedom of speech and peaceful assembly.

before the revolution the british would trump up charges and arrest entire crowds for little or no reason. this is what prompted this first amendment....

if you want to know more about the constiutution and the histroy surrounding it there are good university sites with information.

DONT be so arrogant as to thing you can dictate a document written by AMERICANS to AMERICANS.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Whoa - aren't we a little bit Jumpy?

Everyone just wants to shoot people trasspassing - hey, what are you going to do, if the Cops come and take your Weapons away, just like they did in New Orleans with the Old Lady (if you remember the video)? You gonna shoot them cops down?

My point with this thread was, that the Rise of the Police state is so Obvious, and this little event is just one stage on this road. There are many signs, if you see them - but I guess that people just ignore those and carry on with their lives, covering their eyes and sticking their heads in tha Sand.

By all means - do whatever you want, have your own Opinion, I know I have mine.

And it does not matter if I live in America or not - the effects are going to be Global anyway.

Let me Quote mister Alex Jones:

Uut of the ashes of the September 11th tragedy, a dark empire of war and tyranny has risen. The Constitution has been shredded and America is now a Police State.

PS: if you watch this Documentary you would Understand.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Bang the Gates and you get Pepper Sprayed?

Anyway, I am glad there are some People living in America that are prepared to do anything that they can to stop the illegal occupation in Iraq to continue.

Even if that means Civil Disobeience - how else exactly are they going to be Heard?

Even if they will be arrested and beaten up by the Robo-Cops.

And I do belive that Robo-Cops are getting Itchy too ey?

But hey - what do I know!

Sweet granny Moses!

They didn't shoot them.
They didn't beat them.
They didn't arrest them.
They gave them several warnings before taking any action.
They let them bang on the gates for an hour before they pepper sprayed them.
They let them start prying with a board to open the gates before they took any action.
They shot off four cans of spray at protesters.

But no... They were "itchy" to disperse the protesters.

How will they be heard without using civil disobedience? Just like they were doing before they touched the gates and broke the law - stand and protest, march and protest, chant slogans and protest peaceably.

"Mob mentality" could have easily broken out with one protester deciding that he was going to climb the fence since they couldn't pry it open, and second and third person could have followed and now the people defending the gate might have been forced to shoot real bullets at that time.

Then people would be questioning why the security didn't use non-lethal methods earlier to prevent a protester from getting hurt or killed.

I hate it that kids are getting killed in Iraq everyday. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. I personally know four kids over there in different services and two more than are leaving within the next two months. They know and I know that they can get killed over there, but they still volunteered to go.

But there are proper ways to protest and be heard about these things. When protesters (of any subject in any arena) ignore the legal boundaries set up for EVERYONE'S protection, then they are subject to repercussions within the limits of the law.

JDub

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Everyone just wants to shoot people trasspassing - hey, what are you going to do, if the Cops come and take your Weapons away, just like they did in New Orleans with the Old Lady (if you remember the video)? You gonna shoot them cops down?

Or when they beat up the old man who was a retired school teacher. When they killed the man on Danziger Bridge, the man with the "possible knife" in his wheelchair because he was severely mentally handicapped (which according to one cop that I know, claims it was in fact retaliation for a murder of a cop the day before).

My point with this thread was, that the Rise of the Police state is so Obvious, and this little event is just one stage on this road. There are many signs, if you see them - but I guess that people just ignore those and carry on with their lives, covering their eyes and sticking their heads in tha Sand.

My guess is fear, that they don't want to see the obvious. We can parallel so much to Hitler, but they're more content with attacking those that try to report the stories (hmm... that sounds somewhat like Hitler, too, doesn't it?)

And it does not matter if I live in America or not - the effects are going to be Global anyway.

More than likely, yes, that is true.

PS: if you watch this Documentary you would Understand.

See above under Hitler-esque comment.

What I find very entertaining to this day, is that every story you ever hear about a police state that has formed in the past, a few of the same elements seem to occur. The people are told one thing, the majority believe it, and the few that don't are verbally attacked, leading up to eventually being politically or physically attacked. I see no reason why Souljah or myself should be ashamed as some would put it, for showing our opinions.

Though as I feel I have posted, perhaps this is what they have been conditioned to do.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Kid, do yourself a favor, look up Kent State on google, and tell me what it says. M-16's or Pepper spray come on.

And yes, if someone tries to ILLEGALY disarm me, they will be fired upon, and should blackwater mercs show up on my street, they too will be shot.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
I see no reason why Souljah or myself should be ashamed as some would put it, for showing our opinions.

I would have to agree. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. The line is crossed though when someone tries to use their opinion to influence others' through the means of distorted facts, information, and propaganda.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Whoa - aren't we a little bit evasive? People have responded with facts and analysis of how you've spun the article, and you reply back with rhetoric and a little cross linking to other threads of yours or to infowars talking about a completely different topic.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
Kid, do yourself a favor, look up Kent State on google, and tell me what it says. M-16's or Pepper spray come on.

Please...do you honestly think people like Souljah would look at history or something that shows the past being worst than the present?
People like him completely ignore the 50s, 60s, and 70s. They actually think it's bad now here in the '00s

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Everyone just wants to shoot people trasspassing

WoW that is big leap now you have them wanting to shoot people which is clearly not the case here.

Let me Quote mister Alex Jones:

Alex jones is a jerk and we all know it.

[edit on 5/30/2006 by shots]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ive got a suggestion to the ATS amigos.. Allow members to choose whether or not a poster recieves points in their response. I hear so many people state they hate responding because it gives the individual points. If we where allowed to choose if the individual deserves the points in our response we would see souljah with very few points. Souljah your agenda is so loud we're going deaf! I'd state my opinion on this thread but so many good people have already done a fine job of that.

Souljah you now have a peaceful protestor following you around for now on. Im not going to sit around and let you spin any more threads without me calling you out on them.

edit:minor tweak

[edit on 30-5-2006 by madmangunradio]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Whoa - aren't we a little bit evasive? People have responded with facts and analysis of how you've spun the article, and you reply back with rhetoric and a little cross linking to other threads of yours or to infowars talking about a completely different topic.

Exactly what is the difference between the base that he is using this story as an example that the country is being turned into a police state, by supporting it with a video?

I fail to see how this is completely a different topic. I am not asking you to tell me that Alex Jone's is a liar, crook, idiot, jerk, or anything else, because that is your opinion and we should be talking facts not opinions. I am asking you to tell me how this is a completely different topic.

It makes perfect sense, that if Souljah felt that this was indeed an example of the dawning police state, that he would provide a video with the intent to prove this. Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Huh? I know you have an agenda to promote but your example of it is very weak.
Try harder to find evidence of the rise of the Police state. I'm sure there are better examples of the rise of the Police state around the globe than this one event but that doesn't interest you does it?

You seem to gloss over this one fact time and time again. Again, these protests have been going on there for about TWO YEARS, peaceful for the most part. How is that indicative of your Police state? Wouldn't all the protesters have been round up, jailed and beaten the first time they protested, never to be heard from again? That's usually how it is done in other parts of the world isn't it.

The protests are fine as long as they do not cross the line of peaceful civil disobedience. By trying to storm the gates, the protesters went beyond just peaceful civil disobedience. Where would you draw your line Souljah? Would it have been OK for the protesters to have broken down the gates and damaged the Strykers and damage the port to show their displeasure with a policy that they disagree with?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
um no offense or anything but the coast gurd vesseld with "large guns" what is it gonna do, fire on the protesters, but either way, i dont blame the cops for spraying them, a protest is supposed to be on a sidewalk, not a street, not on a fence, the area behind the fence either, lately these people have gone too far with their stupid protests. and even if you are against the war support the troops ove there anyway, you know ill bet some of the times when morale is low is because they know people are against them no matter what they do

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
all that because of shipment of supplies *shakes head in disbelief* thats so stupid man, so they dont want the troops to get supplies, i wonder how they would feel about the next marine or soldier dying because they couldnt get the supplies to him or her because of this protest, im sure they wouldnt care because they shouldnt be there blah blah blah, one protest just seems to be another version of another protest in washington or nyc

[edit on 30-5-2006 by blackhumvee113]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
those people were shaking some fence that was private property...

put two and two together...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Souljah, they can protest all they want as long as they do not try to violate private property. Its that simple. Speech does not conquer private property in America.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
OK Souljah, you have offended me. By offending me, I am going to gather up about 100 people and we are all going to camp out in your front yard and sing the Star-Spangled Banner non-stop at the top of our lungs. Once we have had enough of the Star-Spangled Banner (if that's possible), we will start chanting "Call the cops, call the cops, call the cops.

Would you call the cops? If you did call them and we refused to cooperate, would you tell the cops to leave, or would you bring us cookies and milk?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
OK Souljah, you have offended me. By offending me, I am going to gather up about 100 people and we are all going to camp out in your front yard and sing the Star-Spangled Banner non-stop at the top of our lungs. Once we have had enough of the Star-Spangled Banner (if that's possible), we will start chanting "Call the cops, call the cops, call the cops.

No No don't do that. Where he lives the cops probably would be beating you with rubber hoses before the end of the first chorus.

The following human rights problems were reported:

use of excessive force by police against detainees
lengthy trial delays
government influence on media
inadequate review of asylum applications
violence against women
trafficking in women and girls
discrimination and violence against Roma and homosexuals
discrimination against former Yugoslav residents without legal status
Source

[edit on 5/30/2006 by shots]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Oh so the US "police state" is "rising".... riiightt. The following is submitted for your approval:

From 1968

www-cgi.cnn.com...

From 1963

en.wikipedia.org...

From 1970

www.spectacle.org...

Doesn't seem to show any "rising" to me. In fact things used to be much worse.

We all know that the US is worst country in the world according to many on this board (and this thread's starter). I guess I'd rather protest here than:

In Nepal

www.indybay.org...

Or China

www.cbsnews.com...

or Argentina

ipsnews.net...

Or any place the French are:

news.bbc.co.uk...

This was just from a 5 min google search. In my opinion we are too easy on protesters in the US. We let them do whatever the f-ck they want and damage or deface anything they want. Most of them have probably never even voted. If they want Anarchy, and they choose Anarchy, they should accept the consequences.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join