It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS e-mail is here.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yesterday I finished the final tweaks on our e-mail server and everything seems to be working well. This took some time... because if we're going to offer e-mail accounts for our users, they better be the bast damn e-mail accounts around.

For now, there will be no web-based access to e-mail accounts. The version of Squirrelmail we used on the previous server was exploitable by spammers and one or two accounts were used to send spam (less than 1,000 messages total). I'm looking at other packages, but we may never offer web-based mail access.

That being said, these are indeed premium full-service POP3 e-mail accounts with the following features:
MailScanner CLAMV anti-virus protections
- emails are scanned for viruses
- emails are scanned for potential HTML exploits
- emails are scanned for questionable attachments
MailScanner SpamAssassin anti-spam
- emails are scanned for spam triggers
- emails are compared with known spam
DenyIgnorance 1,500+ domain Spam Blacklist
- my own daily maintained blacklist of spammers

If you get an e-mail with a problem, the subject line will be modified so you can route the e-mail to a different folder in your mail client software.

Within a few days, the new e-mail service will appear in the store. For the first two hours, the e-mail accounts will be on sale for 5,000 ATS points. After that, they'll be 10,000 ATS points.

And that's not all. Coming soon... big changes for ATS, stayed tuned.

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by William]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Gotta accelerate my posting then William!

A nice new change, well done

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
For those that want to "clock mad points" I suggest using your head and engage in a research project, a debate, or making a really scary story for the upcoming halloween contest.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Given the universality of ATS membership, in many glorious nations of our planet and in other places, it might be fair to give notice of when the two-hour window will take place.

1. No web-based means what exactly, that you have to download to your hard drive, and you can't store emails?

2. What kinds of things do people envisage they will be sending to ATS members that cannot currently be sent by U2U?

The first question is a technicality, the second one is to try and figure what members have in mind.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Given the universality of ATS membership, in many glorious nations of our planet and in other places, it might be fair to give notice of when the two-hour window will take place.

1. No web-based means what exactly, that you have to download to your hard drive, and you can't store emails?

2. What kinds of things do people envisage they will be sending to ATS members that cannot currently be sent by U2U?

The first question is a technicality, the second one is to try and figure what members have in mind.

O MaskedAvatar, Mein MaskedAvatar

1. Get an email client, i recommend replacing IE with Opera as it has a built in email client that is quick and easy.

2. True, i love my u2u's

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Nerdling

Sung, no doubt, in the vein of Adolf on the South Park episode.

I wish I was more technically versed in the language of email client software.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Nerdling

Sung, no doubt, in the vein of Adolf on the South Park episode.

I wish I was more technically versed in the language of email client software.

Actually i was going for the dead poets society rendition

Its actually very easy, you can configure outlook express to do it too.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The sale will be... um...

when it happens.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
at first, whn I saw that you priced the accounts at 10,000,I was suprised and confused. But, when I realised the cost factor that ats is paying for them, I came around.

[Edited on 10-21-2003 by theshadowknows]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Emails are now on sale for the next two hours.

Also, www.abovetopsecret.com... - Our Email TOS. Please read this before you sign up for an account.

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by William]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks William!

Oh all right then.

2 last questions from me to close the sale:

1. Does my email addy have to be displayed anywhere, like on my Profile, or not?

2. Does my email address have to correspond with my username, or can I mask it?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh 5000 points!

that's not the worry...

10,000 points!!!!

OMFG!! I'll never get that email address

It'll take a while

Anyways. Adios

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
1. no
2. no

You pick your addy, one per customer.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm sure it will be worth it though..have waited a while for this..LOL But theres noone who really sends me emails
Oh well.

*must go find email correspondents*

Thanks William~

link   

1. Does my email addy have to be displayed anywhere, like on my Profile, or not?

2. Does my email address have to correspond with my username, or can I mask it?

Answering my own questions:

1. Dunno yet.
2. No. My new email addy is not [email protected]

* Sorry. Posted the above before I saw William's answer, while he was answering. The answers were no, and no. I like my new email addy. *

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

link   
*edit* for any big-rollers thinking about more than one account..you can only have one or at least the store doesn't let you buy more than one

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by kukla]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
crap 75 points away

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What will they come up with next?! I can think of something! I NEED a personal SHOPPER! Someone to go to the damn drug store, the grocery store, etc... I HATE doing that crap! Since I am a bachelor Mon. - Thurs. I don't think this an outlandish request at all!

Think of all the additional time I'll have on my hands to contribute to ATS' experience!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
AghhhhH! The sale just started!!!

Must...get....points.....

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If I could lend you the 4,329 points you currently need, Saucerat, I would help out at a low interest rate of 5% per annum.

But, such is life, and your earnest and character-building struggle to get to 10,000 instead will be delightful to watch.

Still over an hour to go to get your ATS email addy for only 5000 points!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join