It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Snow Resigns as Treasury Secretary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
In another shake-up of President Bush's top staff, it will be announced today that John Snow is resigning as Treasury Secretary. He will be replaced by Henry M. Paulson Jr., Chairman of Goldman Sachs.

www.nctimes.com
Treasury Secretary John Snow has resigned and will be replaced by Goldman Sachs Chairman Henry M. Paulson Jr., a senior administration official said Tuesday, in another chapter of a White House shake-up to revive President Bush's troubled presidency.

Bush was to announce the changes in a White House ceremony later Tuesday.

Snow, the former head of railroad giant CSX Corp. who has a Ph.D. in economics, has been Treasury secretary since February 2003. His departure has been rumored for more than a year.

Paulson has been chairman of Goldman Sachs for more than eight years. It is considered one of the premier financial firms on Wall Street and has sent a number of its top executives to high positions in Washington.

In tapping Paulson for the Treasury job, the administration is seeking a more effective spokesman to tout Bush's economic accomplishments of low unemployment and solid economic growth.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

More staff changes in an effort to right a sinking ship at the White House. I'm curious what difference this is expected to make.

Maybe they will decide to raise the debt ceiling and print more money.

After looking into Mr. Paulson a little more carefully, he may be more than just a Wall Street Banker type. He has made significant donations to environmental causes and is chairman of the Nature Conservancy. How that will affect national monetary policy is yet to be determined.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Perhaps he doesnt want to be the man at the helm of a sinking ship? Perhaps there were too many Snows in the White House?

Bernake's new as well, perhaps these guys are the unlucky next in line who are getting saddled with an economic meltdown? This game of hot-potato has to end some time soon.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
CIA, FEMA, Treasury, all key posts being shaken up one by one, and gradually getting new top leadership at the helm. Could this be the start of a police state/NWO takeover. It's very disconcerting.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Snow has been Treasury Secretary for over 3 years. His departure has been rumored for over a year.

Bush has done some good things with the economy, but we rarely hear about them. This new guy will fix that.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
No offense, but I'm not sure how you see record deficits, an increased debt ceiling, and cutting taxes while increasing government spending good for the economy. Military spending (I have difficulty calling it defense spending), prisons, and domestic security are really the only growth sectors of the economy right now.

I'm sure you have a rebuttal for this, of course.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Of course I do. But that is a thread unto itself. This topic is the resignation of Snow.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

He collected at least $100,000 for Bush's 2004 campaign, earning the nickname "pioneer" reserved for Bush's six-figure fundraisers. Paulson has donated at least $68,000 to GOP campaigns and party committees so far in the 2005-06 election cycle, including $25,000 to the National Republican Senatorial Committee and $15,000 to its House counterpart, figures compiled by the Political Money Line campaign finance tracking service show.
YahooNews

Like any good economist he knows you have to spend money to make money. Pay the Republicans enough, and you get cool appointments!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yeah, curme, and if you pay the Democrats enough, you can buy a presidential pardon! Just ask Marc Rich, eh?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Yeah, curme, and if you pay the Democrats enough, you can buy a presidential pardon! Just ask Marc Rich, eh?

Just HAD to quote you on this one jsobecky:

Originally posted by jsobecky

Of course I do. But that is a thread unto itself. This topic is the resignation of Snow.

Same thread at that.

new topics

top topics

join