It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tele-Evangelists make me sick...Making millions off of lost sheep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

source: www.inplainsite.org...

This sums it up pretty well. Christianity is big business - sad, but true.

L. Ron Hubbard (Founder of Scientology) once said "Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion."

While our modern day evangelists have not started their own religion, they have unquestionably improved on Hubbard’s idea. Capitalizing on Christianity has proved to be far more lucrative than starting a new religion.

Here's a short list of the disgusting, money hungry tele-evangelists:

The Crouchs
Joel Osteen
John Hagee
Joyce Meyers
Pat Robertson
Creflo Dollar
Juanita Bynum
The Crystal Cathedral:
Rodney Howard-Browne
T.D. Jakes
Benny Hinn
Paula And Randy White
James MacDonald
Oral Roberts
Jim and Tammy Bakker
Mike Murdock
Rev. James Eugene Ewing
Robert Tilton

The source listed above lists the incomes of these false prophets and also all the crap they own. The world's starving people could all be helped with the ridiculous sums of money these con artists have. Makes me sick!!

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
You left out Jesse Duplantis Ministries and Kenneth Copeland (personally I think this dude's insane!)

I agree with you, I guess the moral of this is, give your money directly to some poor and homeless people in your community, rather than these people.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I agree with you, I guess the moral of this is, give your money directly to some poor and homeless people in your community, rather than these people.

Amen...these "Evangelists" make their people think they are doing good with the money they give, when in fact they use it to give themselves ridiculously lavish lifestyles. I agree with you completely....if you want to give money to a worthy cause, give it directly to the people who need it. Don't give it to people like these false prophets who will only enrich their own lives with it and could care less about anyone else!!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Benny Hinn was exposed last year on a special- lives like a king, private jets, lavish homes that would make Elton John jealous!

But whose fault is it? The people. :shk:

new topics

top topics

join