It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewsClip you wont find on TV. CAUTION- sensitive matter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
You get bad marines and you get good ones, it happens in every army and in every war. It only takes 6 months for Marines to lose their minds due to the effects of war, we have no idea what they go through. The mind is a fragile thing and the stuff they see everyday slowly breaks them down.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This video was posted months ago on varios forums as part of the anti-soldier effort. If you notice, there's some clever editing in the conversation. It was later found that the enemy combatant that was killed due to him continuing to claw at his weapon despite being wounded. With the amount of suicide attacks & ambushes in the box, it's pretty common for soldiers to be cautious with their own lives and the lives of their fellow soldiers.

With regards to the interview afterwards. It was discovered, after this was aired, that the interview was not even related to the event showed prior, and that two different parts of the interview were spliced together and were about different subjects. If you watch the view, you can see the cut scenes.

Typical anti-military propaganda. Not sure why you're all so blind to it.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by switch100

With regards to the interview afterwards. It was discovered, after this was aired, that the interview was not even related to the event showed prior, and that two different parts of the interview were spliced together and were about different subjects. If you watch the view, you can see the cut scenes.

Now, with that hopefully out of the way, can we proceed to the real question here, namely 'why is the establishment promoting extremism on both sides of the fence'

distraction and polarisation maybe? just food for thought.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Thank You, my point said in one sentance, these people should consider that fact we're fighting an enemy with totaly differant ethics to that of our own, if any.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
...why is the establishment promoting extremism on both sides of the fence'

distraction and polarisation maybe? just food for thought.

Both, I would think. Places like CNN and FoxNews are for-profit companies. It's their job and corporate strategy to provide the types of news that their likely viewers want to see. Newscasting is really an art form...and they always say that the best art is art that fosters an emotion. Boring news (which may actually be accurate) doesn't foster these selling emotions, so creative articulation is necessary to acheive this this.

Middle-of-the-road people don't necessarily prefer any particular news agency, or tend to spend more time on local news channels, which tend to focus more on getting news out there than getting viewers.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think it needs to be said that Information Clearing House (the original link) is about as biased as they come. Very Anti-USA military and Bush...very Jeff Rense-ish. I argued in another post that one of their "news" stories, asks for donations to Palestine and is very pro-Palestine. I have no problem if someone wants to help Palestine, but don't sell yourself as being a "news" outlet when what your selling is propaganda. Deception everywhere from right wing Rumsfeld to left wing Internet liars...as someone near the middle I think it's time we call out the liars and manipulators and get the world set on a better path.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Analyze it all you want. I doubt if every news organization is against our military.

BTW, here's another sad story:

www.breitbart.com...

Sources: AP
Newswire
Drudge Report

Need i say more.....

[edit on 31-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This pretty much mirrors what I learned when I went through basic 5 years ago, and I for one still agree with it. Kill or be killed. My drill-sergeants encouraged killing the enemy and then reveling in their death. I won't say his name, but one of my drill sergeants sat us all down in a circle many different times and recounted old war stories (whether truth or fiction i don't know, and it probably doesn't matter, the point was the messages sent to us in the stories) and about how the best way to kill a man was to stab them with a knife so you could feel the life draining out of their body and see your face reflecting in their eyes as they died. During our bayonet training, they had the whole company seated in bleachers to watch a demonstration and this same sergeant came running out in urban cammo to attack a plastic dummy that was mounted on a pole with his bayonet. They had it filled with fake blood, and after going nuts and screaming and stabbing it multiple times, he lifted it up off of the pole and threw it to the ground and then bent over and acted out eating his victim. And yes, we all went wild, cheering and stomping our feet on the bleachers. And this was the intended reaction. We obviously weren't allowed to act like that normally, but that was what they wanted. When you're in war, you have to act like what you're shooting at and killing is a big plastic dummy filled with fake blood. Screw the soul inside that dummy. If you don't kill it, it's going to kill YOU. I can't even remember all the different things they had us say and chant and cadance while I was in basic but most of them glorified the death of your enemy as it well should have. The job of our military leaders is to make sure our soliders are ready to kill without thought or emotion (and if there's gonna be emotion, let it be GLEE!), and hopefully make it back home alive.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i never thought i'd end up arguing along these lines.

www.breitbart.com...
U.S. forces killed two Iraqi women _ one of them about to give birth _ when the troops shot at a car that failed to stop at an observation post in a city north of Baghdad, Iraqi officials and relatives said Wednesday.

consider the other side now, a car, racing towards you, not stopping, a few hundred yards away, you're well aware of suicide attacks, what would YOU do?

a) engage remote viewing skills to find out who or what is in the car

b) shoot

?

remember, time is not on your side

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
i never thought i'd end up arguing along these lines.

www.breitbart.com...
U.S. forces killed two Iraqi women _ one of them about to give birth _ when the troops shot at a car that failed to stop at an observation post in a city north of Baghdad, Iraqi officials and relatives said Wednesday.

Whose fault was this?
Jassim's brother, who was wounded by broken glass, said he did not see any warnings as he sped his sister to the hospital. Her husband was waiting for her there.

"I was driving my car at full speed because I did not see any sign or warning from the Americans. It was not until they shot the two bullets that killed my sister and cousin that I stopped," he said. "God take revenge on the Americans and those who brought them here. They have no regard for our lives."

Yeah, yeah, blame the Americans for everything. Very typical, very convenient excuse. Maybe most Iraqis like Jassim aren't aware there are many American troops patrolling around or guarding bases/posts in Baghdad? I mean come on! Where does this Jassim guy came from?!

[edit on 5/31/2006 by pawnplayer]

[edit on 5/31/2006 by pawnplayer]

Ox

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What you guys need to remember is that.. We brought the War to them.. not the other way around.. and dont reply saying "Well what about 9/11" Well.. In all his "tapes" and "videos" I cant remember Bin Laden EVER mention Iraq or Saddam.. Although he mentions Afghanistan plenty of times.. And personally took responsibilty.. Bush has admitted there are no WMD's and never were.. This is an unjust war, it's insanity and these people's LIVES were invaded, not just their country... And I dont blame them for fighting back sometimes.. And NONE of us are there.. so none of us truly know what is going on.. we know just what we're told.. and if history means anything, what we're told isnt enough or is usually bogus,

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join