It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewsClip you wont find on TV. CAUTION- sensitive matter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Don't. Believe. the Media.

Thanks!

You saw a couple of scenes, you don't KNOW for a fact that the bragging part was supposed to adress the shooting of the man on the ground, it's plausible, but you can't reasonably bash CNN and use their clips as reference at the same time, can you?

i don't doubt for a second that atrocities happen, but they're not reported, clips with atrocities on them are either done by private contractors... , err, merceneries, or are destroyed sooner rather than later. i know this sceptical approach may seem cold, but i think that conserving the outrage for cases where real and tangible evidence exists is a lot better. desensitisation is a mind-control technique, you can't be upset indefinitely, it wears off, they know this, that's why they aren't providing real footage, they're giving hints, more or less, about torture, atrocities and whatnot, so every one of us can imagine their personal hell and progressively desensitize themselves.

CNN = show, papers = conditioning, if you don't read mainstream press / watch the conditioning channel network you may experience you know less about 'what's going on', sure, but you're now aware of your shortcomings and can correct them, the propaganda just makes you feel you know something.

PS: sorry if i bored you with my lenghty post and hope that it's still on topic.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
my stepmother's deceased husband had a trunk with his ww2 stuff in it, including a jap flag with bloodstains on it, and in there was a picture of a jap family, i asked, who is this family, to which my stepmother replied, my husband killed them all, it was war.

it is war, get used to it.

and so far as the fine link to the supposed atrocities commited at abu grabby,

i personally know several combat veterans from various wars, who will never be the same.

Good job, it was war.

Now tell me, does putting a word on something make the definition any different?

The same thing still happened.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
The best part of this video is the fact that people are whining cause they put him out of his misery. Sorry, but if I took a 5.56mm to the gut I would hope the enemy would finish me off so I didn't have to lay there in ungodly pain for 6-12 hours untill I died by bleeding out.

Yes or maybe they should give you medical atention, you never know if you are going to make it or not.
But how about they let you for a while over there and in stead of giving medical atention they make a target practice out of you, and then say let's do it again that was asome.
Really the video shows it all, it does not matter how it was edited, it shows a disabled posible enemy combatant down on the ground not doing any gesture
My question what would they should of done in that instance?
A: try to give medical atention.
B: shoot at the target while it does not do anything and then say "it was asome let's do it again"
The target is not responding after 2 shoots are fierd , it's all clear to me.
Some here are trying to imply that it was perfectly okay, I dont see how it can be okay,I can see the video I'm not blind, it's a target practice.
I can see here what some call deny ignorance
it just shows with what kind of people I'm dealing with, shooting at a targer that is not even moving or that is not even gesturing anything , what a bunch of brave marines , nice to see they serve infinite justice.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Big freaking deal about that video. I've seen Internet videos far worse than that over the years:

Chinese local authorities executing a young girl by the wall for some crimes unexplained. I'd even caught one Chinese man smiling and applauding in the background.

East Timorese rebels executing a soldier in front of a laughing/cheering public. French soldiers machine-gunning down Ivory Coast citizens demonstrating on a street and panic ensued. A Sunni Iraqi insurgent cutting off the head of a Shi'ite official and showing it before the camera. And there are a lot more to see, such as this popular website:snip

Don't get me started with CNN and just how skewed and biased it is.

Edit: Link for a site with gratuitous gore removed.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by intrepid]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why does someone tried to post something about American troops doing horrible things to others every freaking time but completely ignore or disregard appalling or extremely inhumane actions by peoples from around the world other than American troops?!

As if one hold up American troops to higher standards than the rest? D'oh. No American troop is perfect. Clearly the person who posted this thread is biased and just being selective with the subject involved.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
my stepmother's deceased husband had a trunk with his ww2 stuff in it, including a jap flag with bloodstains on it, and in there was a picture of a jap family, i asked, who is this family, to which my stepmother replied, my husband killed them all, it was war.

and so far as the fine link to the supposed atrocities commited at abu grabby,

i personally know several combat veterans from various wars, who will never be the same.

Good job, it was war.

Now tell me, does putting a word on something make the definition any different?

The same thing still happened.

No, the same thing did not happen. Vastly different scenarios. You see, the object of war is to kill people and blow stuff up. Now, as Patton said, the object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his......which appears to be what the GI's did in this instance. Kudos to them!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I would have to see the entire context, was this a man who had attacked them first? The shots were coming from the right, behind the building, not from the camera angle. What was the complete reporter question and unedited response.

I can tell you, if that guy had recently fired at me or my buddies, I would be happy he was dead too.

Again, the whole context has to be reviewed.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I would appreciate your mature comments. My husband was (is) a Marine, and i belive he too, has this mindset. These men are trained this way.

This was shown on Dateline months ago. The main story was the "syndrome" that affects men in combat to react to the actual killing the way that they do.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
I first saw this about two years ago. It shocked me then.

I'm not sure, but i think an investigation went on after this was aired. Not sure of the outcome though.

I am just searching for the story now as to why the marines actually shot a wounded person.

Just finishing the job. Maybe "Navy Seal" will explain it to you.

Then again, maybe not.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What's the big deal?

This was just some "raghead." Barely even human. It's war, thumbs up to our boys over there!
I hope they kill a lot more!

(Extreme sarcasm, in case you didn't notice. I'm taking a different approach in my posts in an attempt to get inside the mindset of a rabid war supporter.)

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It still does not justify it, shoot a man on the ground, it's just like shooting prisoners, it just shows how barbaric some are, a man berly moving and strugeling for life and they shoot him in cheers , that is sick.

there is a difference between a prisoner and a wounded man on the battle field. prisoners are unarmed and secured. soldiers on the field, wounded or not, are a threat. the wounded soldier is still moving. how impossible is it that he could throw a grenade or still attack in some way? it's called war, you don't stand around being polite. that's how you get killed. you kill your enemy in war. you don't wound them and let them fight another day. do you think the iraqi's are going to let wounded US soldiers walk away. i can envision iraqi soldiers kicking, spitting and setting a US solider on fire.

what's more cruel? leaving him there in pain and slowly dying or putting him out of his misery?

who cares if they cheered? i guarantee that german, japanese, british, iraqi, israeli soldiers and so on have all cheered when they got a kill. i have heard and seen films of pilots cheering when they bomb a target. what's the difference?

as the previous poster stated, how do you know what that particular soldier did before getting shot?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
here's one for you truthseeka...

You can call me sick, call me part of the problem, or ludicrousely say the world has 'gone' crazy, it always has been, we're animals...

Say as you please, but I say well done to the man that shot him.

Immature response? maybe
Politicaly incorrect? definately
Justified? argueably

but, this man most probably would have done far worse if the roles where reversed, even that note aside, fair play, an eye for an eye...

the only thing I think was wrong that it wasn't a direct headshot, but even that would have been breaking cover and possibly falling into a trap.

And to cheer it, they've just accomplished there goal, didnt they possibly save there colloeagues and friends lives?

heres an even worse view of mine...

why dont we just nuke the hole middle east and save us all alot of problems in the long run. (said sort of jokingly, although it would actualy solve problems, yet obviousely create some)

I'm British by the way, so dont feel these views reflect on Americans, nor for that fact the British, I just believe revenge is sweet and they HAVE done far worse than this.

on the syndromes note, that is a major issue and all governments must do the most they possibly can to help all our returning soldiers.

I'm not a loony raving mad killer either, I've just seen people of my own (fellow decent humans) beheaded by these sick, evil, ill educated (which we're trying to help), easily manipulated fools (probably impossible to help) most follow by choice and hold the same views of me as I do them, that's why I choose in this case to fight fire with fire.

But, I'd never hold this view againt ANY (irrespective of race nationality or anything for that matter) fellow decent respectful human being or ANIMAL for that fact.

my view on this, just a small bit of justice.

(waits to be flamed...)

[edit on 30-5-2006 by DevoidSoul]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We need to make war less dangerous.
We must confiscate all US soldiers Weapons.
We must replace them with Pepper spray, and Pamphlets.

We must teach marines to enter a dialog with the enemy first, possibly convincing the enemy to take up knitting. Or maybe they could exchange recipes.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
The best part of this video is the fact that people are whining cause they put him out of his misery. Sorry, but if I took a 5.56mm to the gut I would hope the enemy would finish me off so I didn't have to lay there in ungodly pain for 6-12 hours untill I died by bleeding out.

Really the video shows it all, it does not matter how it was edited, it shows a disabled posible enemy combatant down on the ground not doing any gesture
My question what would they should of done in that instance?
A: try to give medical atention.
B: shoot at the target while it does not do anything and then say "it was asome let's do it again"

Ever serve in combat? I doubt it.

So he's a disabled enemy combatant? Where's his uniform? Where's his rank? Too bad Geneva doesn't protect people that use civilian dress in combat.

The reason for the multiple shots is cause our military carries "bunny guns" that do require an ungodly amount of hits to kill.

Try to give medical attention to him? Ok I can see that, would you be willing to run out there to save someone that was just trying to kill you, while bullets are still flying, while he might still be armed? If so good, the military needs medics, sign up. What the story doesn't mention is where was the Marine medic, ever stop to think he might be busy patching up one of ours? This isn't paintball, it's war, and thanks to current military training this is the end result, and what's worse is you people blame a bunch of 18, 19, 20 year olds for something all the while their leadership walks away looking clean. FIGURE IT OUT someone trained these guys, that's the person you need to whine to, and the guy that hired him, and the guy that hired him all the way up to the White House.

Complain about the leadership, not about what some 18 year old kid did after he greased a guy, look what 18 year olds do in day to day life, do you really think they'll conduct themselves like pros? Why do you suppose the average age for Spc. Forces is in the 30's?

I'm not saying what they did was right, but if I was there and had a choice between taking the guy out, or running over there to help, I'd be squeezing my M-21's trigger.

My statement still stands, if I was that guy, kill me, why suffer through the gut shot, then being interrogated, then imprisoned.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
What's the big deal?

This was just some "raghead." Barely even human. It's war, thumbs up to our boys over there!
I hope they kill a lot more!

(Extreme sarcasm, in case you didn't notice. I'm taking a different approach in my posts in an attempt to get inside the mindset of a rabid war supporter.)

You suppose they use racial terms by accident? Once again, that's something that's handed down from the leadership, not something a 18 year old comes up with. They've done it during every single war. Kruat, Nip, Slope, Gook, Chink, ect. They do it on purpose to desesitize the soldier so that they do feel they are a lower lifeform. And believe it or not it doesn't work. You should always respect your enemy, they are like you, seperated by a line, or political ideal, but just like you.

When we don't respect our enemies we come home in body bags. It's that simple.

MBF

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
I dont get it, why shoot a man that can berly move?
I get it, he was trying to plant something, but once he is disabled why shoot again? why shoot an unarmed or disabled man, no harm done it was just a little bit of fun right?

I have a cousin that got home from Iraq in January. He was hit 5 times by IED's. The last time he was hit in a Bradley and knocked out. When he came to, he heard two guys coming up the side of the tank. When he opened the hatch, he was face to face with a man that was coming to finish them off. Even though he was injured , he ran the guy down and killed him. One of the other guys in the tank got the other one with the machine gun. The driver was injured badly, but lived.

The more of these people that our men kill, the more of our men will come back alive.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

No one supports wars. One can support the troops and finish the fights that began long ago.

Maybe you can support wars cuz it's all fantasy for you. Play any good wargame lately? Warhammer40,000 is insane fun!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
We need to make war less dangerous.

Tell that to the first inventors of gunpowder. But guess it's too late, it's all happened in China thousands years ago.

We must confiscate all US soldiers Weapons.

The UN and every other country goes first. We'll see who'll take the first bait.

We must replace them with Pepper spray, and Pamphlets.

You forgot flowers, love and happiness.

We must teach marines to enter a dialog with the enemy first, possibly convincing the enemy to take up knitting. Or maybe they could exchange recipes.

Join the US Marine Corp, bud.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It disgusts me, this video. However, I have been programmed by Hollywood to view this as entertainment, as a third party, unaffected viewer. Shootings are commonplace on television and in movies. The lack of remorse and consequence for killing is promoted still further by our media.

This clip, while taking the POV of an unaffected bystander, really promotes the glory these soldiers feel by desensitizing the viewer from actually experiencing the events.

I am absolutely anti-war of any kind and am not surprised by the culture of killers produced by the Empirical United States.

I am confused though, that I heard 2 shots before the 3rd one actually seemed to hit the poor guy. Was that a sniper training excercise, or a new recruit who did the shooting?
I don't expect I'll ever know. But I will continue to steer clear of buzz-cut army boys in fatigues, packing rifles!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
To quote my father, who served in the Special Forces:

"When you're in an armed conflict, winning requires that you relinquish your humanity to at least some extent. Anybody who says that's not the case is deluding themselves. I was trained to kill without hesitation. Pure instinct. You're an animal for several years, instead of a thinking, feeling human being. It's necessary in order to achieve the goals set forth in the ways set forth for achieving them. You become an animal and an automaton instead of a sentient organism. It's that simple. You are somebody's sword. I don't know anyone who's ever been in a war - at least once they've fully decompressed and gotten their head screwed back on straight, which can take many years - who supports war. I know I don't."

My father is a good, decent, compassionate man. Nonetheless, he was also a remorseless animal for several years of his life. The two are not mutually exclusive, and while I oppose the war and am saddened and sickened by the detached, clinical justification and empathic vacuum necessary to take lives - at some points on a daily basis - I also know that it is the essence, the purpose, and the whole premise of military life that inspires, reinforces, and rewards what would be considered in normal society to be the behavior and thinking of sociopaths.

Food for thought, in my humble opinion.

For the record: I revere and honor the spirit of sacrifice that calls men and women in the service to risk their lives for their home and their people. I simply take issue with the form in which that spirit manifests itself once put through the strainer that is military indoctrination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join