It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewsClip you wont find on TV. CAUTION- sensitive matter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Umm... i dont know if its the complete video. I never saw it on CNN (that's strange for me), and it looked like a freshly posted video. I apologize that its turned out to be old.

But old or new, its still very sad to see....

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
No wonder this war is dragging on forever. Still target att about 10 meters away and had to shot 4-5 times before they nailed it.. Leaves you wondering what sort of training these guys gets.. As for the Shooting of wounded and cheering afterwards is just plain sick, reminds me of the Oliver Stone movie "platoon" when Charlie Sheen messe with that retard in the Vietcong village....utterly sick!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
DGtempe that footage is not news to me, as i have it on my computer as evidence of military brutality without just causes, the two shots with tracers would have provoked a reaction if this iraqi was capable of making one. the third shot as the soldier said "awesome lets do it again" if he was not on amphetimines (that of which is fed to ppl wiling to take it) than he is mentally impaired to justify what he did within his own head.
your husband and you should possibly undergo therapy, ofcourse he will not be willing, but i fear for your safety
not only are they trained to kill with intent, but in the case the footage shows 'brainwashed to kill' full knowing the outcome of their actions without showing remorse therefore likely to continue along the spiral of descent
i would liken that scenario with a NFL play (someone makes a big tackle that could (highlight could) have paralysed the opposing player yet their team is there to egg them on and give them support) (slap them on the arse) macho bravado carry on.

what is the purpose of destroying families under a guise of liberation????
they are people with backgrounds ultimately they are just as much missed as your soldiers are

do a search of Apache helicopter iraqi farmers see the outcome of that footage clinical in its execution -faces of death might help aswell
my heart is with you Tempe
let Gods graces help you, and your husband most importantly fight against the injustices done by your country

Ox

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have to say.. After seeing that video, and listening to that soldier.. There are two things that I can immediately think of that are wrong..
1. This is what is drummed into their heads during their training.. KILL.. KILL.. KILL.. They are trained to be killers.. that's it..

And 2. They have been given a free hand so to speak, with the government in office waging this war, and the contempt it has for this foreign nation, they have given their troops the free hand to go an kill and destroy and they tell them that what they're doing is the right thing, And these soldiers believe it, Any Soldier just wants to do a good job and be a good soldier, so obeying orders and killing the "enemy" is doing just that.

This is something that goes further than the Marines and the Military.. What is goig on and what is being reported are two VERY VERY different things..

And, as Dg said.. These people can and do come back from these wars and are screwed up, which isnt their fault.. It's the brainwashing that they've gone through to believe what they are doing is the right thing... It's sick

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
At first I thought what a waste. He may have had some intel.
Then thinking about IEDs and explosives. Well yea shoot him to make sure he aint detonating anything on him.

Regarding the troops cheering. War is hell they say. Everyone of us is unique and every situation also unique. What occurs in the human mind under the circumstances that those guys are under?

Things happen that to those outside seem irrational and wrong. But those on the insurgency side of things do things that we dont understand. They blow themselves up, they blow others up they behead civilians. We dont understand. We have not gone through what they have gone through.

Soldiers or insurgents they are both doing things that we in our cosy offices typing on our keyboards do not and will not understand. Stress and strain does weird things to you.

This sort of thing aint new though is it? I have a relative that was in a part of the world when there was a "crisis". The senior NCO basically said the locals needed being taught a lesson. The motivation? a case of beer for every *expletive deleted* shot. They laughed and cheered and thanked the victims for their beer. This relative is now quite a normal chap. You sometimes think its a different person than the "military man".

Ultimately we are training people to kill. There is no more serious a task in my opinion. Once you remove the value of life and the immorality of murder can we be surprised when there are no real checks and balances that things like this occur....right or wrong?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hi

I have just looked at this video, and looked at the posts relating to it.

Firstly, to those who claim this Iraqi deserved it as he was planting an IED (from DroneTek)

Secondly, this man was planting an IED when he was shot. I dont see the problem

This implies he was in the process of planting it. Look at the distance between the US soldiers and the Iraqi. There was no obvious immediate danger, at least to me. Why take him out? (Apart from the 'kill kill kill' mentality?)

If he was shot planting IED'S,maybe he killed or would have killed numerous soldiers or even innocent Iraqis. One down and a whole lot more to go

As the saying goes, 'if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas'.

Also, there is no proof in the video that this guy was planting an IED.

Now - I have a question for Steve99 and Dronetek - if you feel so strongly about this war in Iraq, and the validity of killing possibly innocent people, why are you here discussing this issue on the anonymous Internet and not over there, scoring one for the motherland/fatherland.
Maybe you can also get to shoot an Iraqi and then ask questions later?

Or, maybe its because you don't have the cahones to back up what you say behind a firewall...

Over the last few days, by doing some research on ATS and other places, this type of topic (soldiers killing innocent civilians/unarmed people) seems to be cropping up
Incident at No Gun Ri
Another link
I also saw another link somewhere which went into more detail, but cannot find the link right now

After this, we have a few incidents from Vietnam, Abu Ghraib (take your pick from any number of articles, but here is the Wiki link), that NBC footage (as mentioned by JIMC5499), rendition.
I'm sure a few other can some up with a few other examples.

And these are the ones we know about. What about what is not being reported.

Going back further in time, we have the Native Americans being run of their land, and subject to barbaric behaviour

The american-philipino war - atrocities discussed about 1/2 way down
(Hmm, beginning to see a pattern here through out history...)

A quick summary - pravda I know but the summary is decent:
Pravda link

I thought America as the number 1 super power was supposed to lead by example.

So much for the leading country in our 'western civilisation'.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So just because they come from the US they're supposed to be immune to the effects of watching their buddies, that they live night and day with, blown appart? How would YOU react if you watched friends of yours maimed and killed every day?
That doesn't make it right, but it makes it a little more understandable.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Man this board frustrates me so.
Yet another example of people who just don't get it.
War is hell, its not pretty, and from the safety of your living room couches you can speculate and sympathize with the enemy all you want.
Meanwhile our brothers and sisters are out there risking life and limb so that you can eat your cheetos while watching CNN.
I'm former military(medic). I have seen my buds with their brains hanging out. I am not messed up in the head. I am quite successful and make a great living.
These guys are cheering because the enemy is DEAD. The same enemy that was, minutes before, trying to kill them. They are cheering because deep down inside they are glad to be alive. Was that combatant just wounded and not holding the pin of a grenade? Who knows, but being a medic and having to go out and risk treating that POS that just tried to kill me or one of my brothers, I would be thankful that the risk was neutralized.
Next time you see a story like this, put yourself in the shoes of our brave troopers over there, whether you believe in this war or not. In the meantime enjoy your SUV's and cheetos.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Man this board frustrates me so.

If it does then dont enter the forum any more

War is hell, its not pretty, and from the safety of your living room couches you can speculate and sympathize with the enemy all you want.

Yes it is but I want to see the good guys, where is the good side? I cant not see it.

Was that combatant just wounded and not holding the pin of a grenade?

Maybe he was hoding a pin of a grenade or maybe he was not.
So your answer would be : kill all suspects wonded that are on the ground? part me but there is a posibility they may all cary grenades, but remember just a posibility which in fact is just a posibility and not a reality, it may also be a posibility that they dont have their hands on the pin of the grenades when they are critical wounded.
So I see you best soultion is to kill all wonded suspects that are incapacitated on the ground.
Well not to say for those that would want to surender at gun point , their still standing and are more dangeros, so how can they even surender, let's just pop them all huh?
Any iraqy becomes a suspect they may all cary grenades you just dont know, so you will shoot anything that moves, when things dont move right for you and then you say well they may have had grenades, we didint see any grenades but we just poped them to be sure, and then say " WANT TO DO IT AGAIN THAT WAS ASOME"
I dont think that sounds like their worried about them self on that moment, they just want to have a little bit of fun.

Next time you see a story like this, put yourself in the shoes of our brave troopers over there, whether you believe in this war or not. In the meantime enjoy your SUV's and cheetos.

I am not going to put my self in their shoose because I would not go there , so why should I? I think this war is unfair and unjustifed so why should I put my self in their shoes?
If their happy pulling triger idiots it's not my fault, I have seen soldiers there behave like the good guys also , helping out and trying to reason with them selfs but most of them go there because they like to blow up stuff or for the colage money, dont tell me you join to help the poor iraqys
you join for the money and 2 for the show" let's blow up some stuff it's cool"
There are few who join and go there to trully help.
Let's dig deeper let's see how many cases there are

Where are the grenades? I cant see any grenades

The rest of the pictures I didint dare to show on the forum because they are way above decent viewing, so here is the site.
www.thememoryhole.org...

If I search more I would probaly come up with endles examples, this reminds me really of the natzi party and the gestapo.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by pepsi78]

Ox

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wow.. this is getting ignorant.. Yeah Kill the enemy.. (That was me mocking certain people) I mean.. since when are all iraq's "The Enemy" get over it.. What if I said that I dont believe in the war in Iraq, I think it's BULL.. would that make me the enemy and justify someone wounding me.. letting me suffer for a few moments and then take pot shots at me? NO.. It wouldnt. And thats exactly what is happening here.. They made that man suffer.. they shot him, wounding him so he could suffer, it's right there on the video, plain and simple, These soldiers arent trained to wound.. they're trained to kill.. They were toying with this poor soul.. And YES... they are still people.. they bleed like you and I.. they feel like you and I!... Just because they feel something different.. Some moron starts a war.. and dont come back with "They attacked us first" PROVE IT!..

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And you know that they INTENTIONALLY wounded him how? Not every shot fired is going to instantly kill the person that they shoot at. Some shots do wound the person.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Another horror story.......

abcnews.go.com...

Left behind without her family. :shk:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
THIS I agree with you is a horrible story and completely uncalled for. I don't agree that it proves that the military are brainwashed into killing machines, but it was a horrible story and the people involved need to be prosecuted for it.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is stated on that website- I think it probably means it didnt make it on CNN's broadcast. I could be wrong.

The clip has a CNN logo right on it DG so they had to air it. In this case it appears they edited out portions of the video which could make it out to be something it is not.

One would think it is very easy to change or imply something other then as it really was by editing out portions of a video just to put your own spin on things. That appears to be the case here, but I am not sure. Also the voice on the clip does not sound like anyone on CNN that I know of. Again editing the sound track could give the same impression that it was reported as shown but in fact the voice over changed what was actually stated in the original.

Just my two cents and if you do not agree I want my change back

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Dgtempe,

Your implication that the bloodlust shown in the video is product of the American Marine’s training ignores the fact that those they are fighting have that same “mindset”, if not worse. If the enemy combatants didn’t go through the same training as the Marines, then isn’t it more likely that the ‘mindset’ in question is a product of the environment they find themselves in and the base human reaction to that environment rather than their training?

Obviously Marines are taught to destroy the enemy in the most efficient and expedient manner possible, that is their job after all. However, they, unlike their enemy, are also taught to try to avoid unnecessary civilian casualties and to offer medical treatment to the enemy wounded. (Not that this always happens) This would indicate that to me that the bloodlust shown in the video was NOT a result of their training. I would further argue that the young soldier’s comments of “those guys are dead now you know, but it was a good feeling… and afterwards you’re like Hell yeah! That was awesome! Let’s do it again.” was more of machismo, a bravado if you will, that is more indicative of a young man trying to deal with conflicting emotions rather than the bloodlust of a highly trained and remorseless killer.

I’m not saying that it’s not a horrible thing to see, but to draw larger conclusions on the merits of the American Marine’s training from this one video, taken out of context of the battle and the war, is pointless.

-Cypher

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Another horror story.......

abcnews.go.com...

Left behind without her family. :shk:

That is old yet new, news at the same time they are now investigating the allgations regarding that story it happened in November and it has been alleged there may have been a cover up and untimely investigation.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
my stepmother's deceased husband had a trunk with his ww2 stuff in it, including a jap flag with bloodstains on it, and in there was a picture of a jap family, i asked, who is this family, to which my stepmother replied, my husband killed them all, it was war.

it is war, get used to it.

and so far as the fine link to the supposed atrocities commited at abu grabby,

it is war, get used to it.

i personally know several combat veterans from various wars, who will never be the same.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
How about the Muslim militants? They are killers too and probably suffer the same psychological affects the US soldiers do. They are bombing and killing innocent civilians INTENTIONALLY! How would you like to fight those people who are nuts, spiritually insane, and willing to kill whomever to promote their cause?

These US\UK soldiers are 18-30 years old, full of testosterone, taught to kill, in a war, being shot at, and a few are not always the brightest people to come out of school. Death is all around them. One more dead isn't as shocking to them as it is to someone sitting in the office or who just got home from taking the kids to football practice and decided to watch this. Their job is to kill. Butchering a cow would probably be offensive to many, except the butcher.

A wounded man is like a puppy, no one wants to see some one suffering to be killed. But he is the "enemy", he is trying to kill you. Don't you think the CBS crew that was killed by a roadside bomb would of been thankful knowing the guy who planted their bomb was shot before he planted it?

I think it would of been great to capture that guy instead of shoot him, but I don't have a clue what the situation was that these soldiers were facing.

Anyone watch Saving Private Ryan and remember the Nazi they let go free, who later came back to shoot Tom Hanks' character? Then the little nerdy clerk guy who had lost it, captures him again and some other Nazis. Remember what he does? He let's the other Nazis go and shoots the defenseless Nazi that shot Hanks. Does that sound barbaric or satisfying? If you had only seen that nerdy guy shooting the Nazi you would of hated him...if you had watched the whole movie, you might have a slightly different view.

War is the ugliest, sickest, and most dehumanizing and ungodly thing we do on this planet. People need to be revolted, but don't hate the people that are thrust into it. They are only following the orders that we as people have put in power...the Muslims put Osama and Sadam in power, so don't think they aren't to blame either.

As lame and hip-hop as it sounds, it's the best I've heard when it comes to war: Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Frist of all you say we "wont see this on TV", when the clip is from CNN. So, it was on TV and I dont know how you came to the conclusion you did. Secondly, this man was planting an IED when he was shot. I dont see the problem.

I dont see him planting anything when he get's shoot the second time.
I just see him strugeling for his life on the ground.
In stead of taking this man in to custody they shoot him for fun and then say it was asome as he dies in cheers, he is already disabled as you can see from the video, but again you must be blind to find some excuse from this.
My advice is see the clip again.

thats exactly the reason you only see the part where he is shot!!!

are you so gullible?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The best part of this video is the fact that people are whining cause they put him out of his misery. Sorry, but if I took a 5.56mm to the gut I would hope the enemy would finish me off so I didn't have to lay there in ungodly pain for 6-12 hours untill I died by bleeding out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join