It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewsClip you wont find on TV. CAUTION- sensitive matter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
No way a person can intelligently discuss the clip without knowledge of the facts regarding the situation. The argument could be made this was a poor, defenseless, non-combatant brutally killed by U.S. forces, should your political leanings make you feel better for having a belief in this, then so be it. HOWEVER, the argument could be made this was an armed combatant, possibly wired to explode himself, and all others surrounding him, hmmm, either way, you see, we just DO NOT KNOW what REALLY was happening in this clip, now do we?

Interesting to note that a "TV" station aired this clip, and the title of the thread says volumes, does it not?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Thats a shame they had to waste another bullet, they should have killed I dont get it, why shoot a man that can berly move?
I get it, he was trying to plant something, but once he is disabled why shoot again? why shoot an unarmed or disabled man, no harm done it was just a little bit of fun right?

A suspect that is still moving is still considered a threat to the lives of Marines and soldiers. Many Marines and soldiers have been killed by somebody they thought was wounded that they could capture alive, but the suspect that was thought to be neutralized was able to detonate a grenade or explosive device thereby killing or wounding the American personnel.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
yea i think that the guy could have been arrested but when those guys get all pumped up on adrenaline i guess the worst sometimes happens

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
About 10 minutes before this clip was taken, the unit medic was either wounded, or killed by a "wounded Iraqi". The Iraqi insurgents would booby trap themselves, and when the Marines would go to treat them they would explode killing and or wounding the soldiers that were trying to save their lives. This had happened to this unit and other units repeatedly, and this soldier and several others in the unit had their blood up and shot this man to keep him from setting off any booby traps he had. Is it wrong? Of course. Is it understandable? Of course. It helps to know all the facts before jumping to a conclusion about how "evil" and "crazy" and "brainwashed" soldiers can be.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Thats a shame they had to waste another bullet, they should have killed I dont get it, why shoot a man that can berly move?
I get it, he was trying to plant something, but once he is disabled why shoot again? why shoot an unarmed or disabled man, no harm done it was just a little bit of fun right?

A suspect that is still moving is still considered a threat to the lives of Marines and soldiers. Many Marines and soldiers have been killed by somebody they thought was wounded that they could capture alive, but the suspect that was thought to be neutralized was able to detonate a grenade or explosive device thereby killing or wounding the American personnel.

Do you see him move , let's see how he moves rewind the tape please.
You got to be joking me
, the marine his self said that it feelt good to kill, plus no matter the situation is you must make sure the flowing.

1 Wach what you shoot.
2 If the target is down at least investigate , with proper training it's posible, that is why you go there, it's a risc.

No matter what the case was, the suspect should of been aproched and then cecked out, what I see in this video acording to how the maries acted to me it seemd like fun stuff .
There are 3 shoots fierd.
Note on the video after shoting 2 shoots the suspect does not move at all , he does not act in any way , he does not run he does not do anything .
Here it is
www.informationclearinghouse.info...
the third shoot get's him.
Can you see any responce from the preson on the ground after the 2 shoots are fierd that miss him?
Do you?
I would say no, that man is clearly disabled , there is no excuse.

It's clear that it was a crime and I hope the marine that did it roots in jail after a good old cort martial.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Is it understandable? Of course. It helps to know all the facts before jumping to a conclusion about how "evil" and "crazy" and "brainwashed" soldiers can be.
Well then, why dont you share the link with us. I for one, knew this subject was highly controversial, but it shows the true mentality these Marines are trained to have. I'd love to see the link explaining this situation.

I'm an understanding person.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Is it understandable? Of course. It helps to know all the facts before jumping to a conclusion about how "evil" and "crazy" and "brainwashed" soldiers can be.
Well then, why dont you share the link with us. I for one, knew this subject was highly controversial, but it shows the true mentality these Marines are trained to have. I'd love to see the link explaining this situation.

I'm an understanding person.

It's usles dgtempe, it does not matter to them, they can put a buch of them to the wall and shoot them on tv and it will still make no difference to them, it just shows what people call deny ignorance.
It's clear to me after firing 2 shoots that miss the suspect , the suspect does not do any gesture or anything simply because he is incapacitated, disabled, already a prisoner.

I am glad that europian forces are pulling out and my country is amoung them, we will son pull out , just like italy and france, and the other europian countrys, I guess we refuse to take part in the masacre any more.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I would appreciate your mature comments. My husband was (is) a Marine, and i belive he too, has this mindset. These men are trained this way.

thanks for sharing...

i hope everything goes better for husband...

BTW, i wonder how they train men to kill (like this execution style) or even, better yet, in general...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

It's usles dgtempe, it does not matter to them, they can put a buch of them to the wall and shoot them on tv and it will still make no difference to them, it just shows what people call deny ignorance.
It's clear to me after firing 2 shoots that miss the suspect , the suspect does not do any gesture or anything simply because he is incapacitated, disabled, already a prisoner.

I am glad that europian forces are pulling out and my country is amoung them, we will son pull out , just like italy and france, and the other europian countrys, I guess we refuse to take part in the masacre any more.

But of course it's perfectly fine for those "wounded Iraqis" to be laying on a hand grenade with the pin pulled out so that when the soldiers roll them over to treat them it blows up, killing them and the medic. Or for them to be laying there with a suicide vest on, and the button in their hand set to detonate it when the medics get close? That's perfectly fine right?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Those of you who don't come from military families (as I do) probably didn't pay much attention to this one, but the piece was, indeed, aired on televesion and broadcast around the world. There was quite a firestorm of controversy about it.

I believe the news story in this blog may be the one that the tape is about. I have a vague memory that there are at least two such stories that hit the international news -- one did result in a trial for the shooter because he had violated military policy:
www.littlegreenfootballs.com...

The mental health problems that soldiers returning from Iraq are having is also quite well documented. The problems seem to be longer and more sever than those for Vietnam vets:
newsday.com

The Iraq veterans association, in fact, is trying to educate people about these problems:
www.iraqwarveterans.org...

The US Department of Veterans affairs has alerted doctors and family members about potential problems:
www.ncptsd.va.gov...

USA Today article... more of same:
www.usatoday.com...

I could dump another hundred links here, but I think y'all get the picture now

edit to shorten link

[edit on 30-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think the link posted to the blog was about the insurgent killed with the NBC journalist filming it. It happened inside not out in the open. I'd want to see the full video clip before passing judgement on what had happened there. The interview with the soldier obviously didn't happen at the same time as the incident. I'd also want to see the full clip of that interview as well. You know the saying, "Is it live or Memorex?". I do have to ask one thing though. If what the one poster said is true and the unit's medic was killed earlier while trying to help a wounded insurgent, would you want go to that man's aid? It is real easy for us to sit here, in perfect safety, and judge the actions of others. To be perfectly honest with you, if the bit about the medic is true, I would have shot him myself. Put him out of his misery, because no one from that unit was going to help him and I haven't heard of the insurgents having any medics.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I saw this movie long time ago and I think I posted a thread about it.

Actually I am not surpised at all.

It is just Military Mentality in Full Effect.

They think they are playing a Big Computer game, and the Consequences will be developing later in his life, when he will have nightmares for each individual he shot dead, like the one on this film.

Rules of War anyone?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Dg...
I feel for ya...

My fiance works with lots of freshly released military, as they are usually prime hireable prospects for the security gigs...

It used to be SOP to accept any former recruits, but after Katrina, they found that many had developed a "battle ground mentality" that made them dangerous to have on jobs...

It is a sad, sad, often forgotten price of war...
IMO it is just one of the many reasons that War should always be a LAST option, rather than a political tool, or a profitable business for elites...

Because like so many things, War has long lasting ramifications that are rarely delt with by the people that are actually responsible for them, but usually suffered by the same people who sacrificed originally...

It is really just more of the same mindset of our leaders, that treat the actual soldiers on the ground, worse than your average citizen...
the same mindset that says "if you die in battle, we will pay your survivor, but if you get disabled, then good luck, you'll need it..."

The very least these immoral war profiteers could do, is set up a much better rehab program, for integrating our proud fighting boys back into a normal life...
and a much better VA, that will help the wounded, long after the war..

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
When they be. someone the tough guy have 5 people around them with auto matic weapons and then they chop off an innocents ..
I have no sympathy for these people.

If they had a chance they would blow up a grammer school and kill kids.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

But of course it's perfectly fine for those "wounded Iraqis" to be laying on a hand grenade with the pin pulled out so that when the soldiers roll them over to treat them it blows up, killing them and the medic. Or for them to be laying there with a suicide vest on, and the button in their hand set to detonate it when the medics get close? That's perfectly fine right?

No it is not, and bolth cases are rong.
It's not alright either way.
So you are implying just kill them dont take any prisoners we cant capture them even when they are incapacitated on the ground, so kill all take no prisoners, wonded suspects are good for target practice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the dream of any marine, poor marines they are so frustrated there so let's make it nice for them, let them kill a bunch of people so they can feel alittle bit better and have a few lafs.

If the doctor blows up with the soldiers it is worring and they must find another way to aproch the situation, find an alternative,a shield like the bomb sqad from the swat does, any how your soultion is inhumane even if we are speaking of enemy combatants, and who does this must be held responsible .

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I understand soldiers being willing to kill the 'enemy'. That's war. That's what they're trained to do. They must be ready, willing and able to kill the the designated 'enemy'.

What I don't understand is the mindset of cheering and wanting to do it again, seeing it as some kind of entertainment, thinking it's fun or "feels good"... To me, that crosses a line into the dangerous zone. These soldiers aren't going to be 'all right' for a very long time if at all.

Originally posted by Dronetek
God you are such a liar.

I can't tell you how sickened and saddened and disappointed I am to see that on this board. :shk:

dgtempe, my thoughts are with you...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

No it is not, and bolth cases are rong.
It's not alright either way.
So you are implying just kill them dont take any prisoners we cant capture them even when they are incapacitated on the ground, so kill all take no prisoners, wonded suspects are good for target practice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the dream of any marine, poor marines they are so frustrated there so let's make it nice for them, let them kill a bunch of people so they can feel alittle bit better and have a few lafs.

If the doctor blows up with the soldiers it is worring and they must find another way to aproch the situation, find an alternative,a shield like the bomb sqad from the swat does, any how your soultion is inhumane even if we are speaking of enemy combatants, and who does this must be held responsible .

Is that what I said? NO, it's not. I said that it's UNDERSTANDABLE, because the insurgents have been known to booby trap the bodies, and blow themselves up when they try to treat them. I'm not advocating "killing them all and using them for target practice" in the least. I said earlier "Is it wrong? Of course." It IS wrong to just shoot them, but if I had been in the field and seen my buddies blown up trying to treat wounded enemies I'd probably wind up the same way.

[edit on 5/30/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I understand soldiers being willing to kill the 'enemy'. That's war. That's what they're trained to do. They must be ready, willing and able to kill the the designated 'enemy'.

What I don't understand is the mindset of cheering and wanting to do it again, seeing it as some kind of entertainment, thinking it's fun or "feels good"... To me, that crosses a line into the dangerous zone. These soldiers aren't going to be 'all right' for a very long time if at all.

Originally posted by Dronetek
God you are such a liar.

I can't tell you how sickened and saddened and disappointed I am to see that on this board. :shk:

dgtempe, my thoughts are with you...

and if you think about it this are the same ones accepting the official 911 report
, hey where is howard
how come he is not in this thread.
this just shows that the ones that defend the oficial story of 911 can denny anything, even when it comes to mass murder, even when the video is in front of them and it shows clear abuse they have the power to be ignorant.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Is this the complete video, or just a snippet of a larger one?

Bibliophile

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I strongly suggest the following article - it is related to the Haditha Massacre, but still:

Bloody Scenes Haunt a Marine

Lance Cpl. Roel Ryan Briones says he is tormented by two memories of Nov. 19, 2005, in Haditha, Iraq.

The first is of the body of his best friend and fellow Marine blown apart just after dawn by a roadside bomb. The second is of the lifeless form of a small Iraqi girl, one of two dozen unarmed civilians allegedly killed by members of his Camp Pendleton unit — Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join