It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewsClip you wont find on TV. CAUTION- sensitive matter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I would appreciate your mature comments. My husband was (is) a Marine, and i belive he too, has this mindset. These men are trained this way.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Very disturbing. Wondering how many time CNN aired this segment...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
On Killing : The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society by Col. David Grossman.

I read this one a couple of years back and it helps explain more of the mindset behind these types of responses.

It was nominated for the 1995 Pulitzer Prize.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I first saw this about two years ago. It shocked me then.

I'm not sure, but i think an investigation went on after this was aired. Not sure of the outcome though.

I am just searching for the story now as to why the marines actually shot a wounded person.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
~~

i'd say that some people would get a turn-on from that scene,
and in some circles it could be used as a recruitment tool...

for other people it would be seen as nearly barbaric,
and reinforce their stand against the Iraq-Afghan wars & all wars

the smart ones, just kept minding their own business and didn't bother to
subject themselves to this perplexing video...
(maybe the Amish have the right idea in 'withdrawing' from the larger society)

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It is terrible, i posted it, because my husband, a Marine, would talk exactly as that young man did years ago. Then they come home and can pose a danger to society and are messed up. My husband has reached for my neck in his sleep (really
i would know if he was awake) and has had terrible years since he served.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Has anyone asked the question "what did this guy do before the marines shot him?"

How do we know that this Iraqi isnt one of those insurgents? How do we know he didnt kill or attempt to kill any americans? He could have been setting up a roadside bomb or something.

We just dont know the whole story and this footage only shows a little piece of it.
I know that if I were in their shoes, and getting shot at and lack of sleep, and your moods swinging up and down coz you cant wait to go home and your mate gets shot, O know what would happen, you'd wanna release your agravation at anyone and in some cases that might be an innocent civilian.

War is hell and # happens. I havnt been there, but have heard many stories that I still cant proclaim to understand what its like, and I think you should all with-hold your critical comments of our troops unless you've been there first hand.

Yeah, the pretences for going there might be wrong and false/misleading, but atleast we can support our troops that are still there.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

How do we know that this Iraqi isnt one of those insurgents? How do we know he didnt kill or attempt to kill any americans? He could have been setting up a roadside bomb or something.

It still does not justify it, shoot a man on the ground, it's just like shooting prisoners, it just shows how barbaric some are, a man berly moving and strugeling for life and they shoot him in cheers , that is sick.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
what justifies killing in war nothing thats what you are supposed todo with no feeling or remorse for the enemy thats what is taught to you kill them they will kill you period,
when in a situation like this the pack rules the pack is led by the most dominate one and the rest follw suit it is not in the nature of all soldiers to do this kind of thing but in war and war like situations men can and will do what others deem to be not quite right.
I dont wish to offened anyone and im sorry if i have but these are just my thoughts on it

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Frist of all you say we "wont see this on TV", when the clip is from CNN. So, it was on TV and I dont know how you came to the conclusion you did. Secondly, this man was planting an IED when he was shot. I dont see the problem.

It is terrible, i posted it, because my husband, a Marine, would talk exactly as that young man did years ago. Then they come home and can pose a danger to society and are messed up. My husband has reached for my neck in his sleep (really i would know if he was awake) and has had terrible years since he served.

God you are such a liar.

These insurgents are out there cutting the heads off living innocent people, blowing them up everyday, yet you are outraged that a guy planting an IED was shot. I swear the world as gone #ing nuts.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Dronetek]

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I also find when muslims cut off innocent peoples heads in the name of allah disturbing. These people aren't insurgents they were innocent people working there. The muslims are cowards for doing this.
But back to the thread,maybe the marines had a reason?

And if your husband went for your throat, and you think he might harm you. What are you still doing with him?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Has anyone asked the question "what did this guy do before the marines shot him?"

We just dont know the whole story and this footage only shows a little piece of it.
I know that if I were in their shoes, and getting shot at and lack of sleep, and your moods swinging up and down coz you cant wait to go home and your mate gets shot, O know what would happen, you'd wanna release your agravation at anyone and in some cases that might be an innocent civilian.

War is hell and # happens. I havnt been there, but have heard many stories that I still cant proclaim to understand what its like, and I think you should all with-hold your critical comments of our troops unless you've been there first hand.

Yeah, the pretences for going there might be wrong and false/misleading, but atleast we can support our troops that are still there.

Ther media will never show the whole story. They want to make America look bad at every turn.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Frist of all you say we "wont see this on TV", when the clip is from CNN. So, it was on TV and I dont know how you came to the conclusion you did. Secondly, this man was planting an IED when he was shot. I dont see the problem.

That is the story i have been looking for. I knew i had seen a reason for it. Wish i could find the link to explain this.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

It is terrible, i posted it, because my husband, a Marine, would talk exactly as that young man did years ago. Then they come home and can pose a danger to society and are messed up. My husband has reached for my neck in his sleep (really i would know if he was awake) and has had terrible years since he served.

God you are such a liar.

These insurgents are out there cutting the heads off living innocent people, blowing them up everyday, yet you are outraged that a guy planting an IED was shot. I swear the world as gone #ing nuts.

First of all, dont you swear at me and call me a liar. Yes, the world has gone # nuts, and you're part of the problem.

AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING ELSE- I've coped for many years with a shell shocked husband, if its any business to you at all, and it is NOT funny. These men are screwed up for LIFE.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
NEWS YOU WON'T FIND ON CNN

There is an exception to every rule!

This is stated on that website- I think it probably means it didnt make it on CNN's broadcast. I could be wrong.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

And if your husband went for your throat, and you think he might harm you. What are you still doing with him?
Love. As i said, he was having nightmares.
My concern was for HIM.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I dont see him planting anything when he get's shoot the second time.
I just see him strugeling for his life on the ground.
In stead of taking this man in to custody they shoot him for fun and then say it was asome as he dies in cheers, he is already disabled as you can see from the video, but again you must be blind to find some excuse from this.
My advice is see the clip again.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i think that the scrolling news ticker at the bottom would suggest that this piece had been aired but i could be wrong

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

I dont see him planting anything when he get's shoot the second time.
I just see him strugeling for his life on the ground.
In stead of taking this man in to custody they shoot him for fun and then say it was asome as he dies in cheers, he is already disabled as you can see from the video, but again you must be blind to find some excuse from this.
My advice is see the clip again.

Thats a shame they had to waste another bullet, they should have killed him with the first one. If he was shot planting IED'S,maybe he killed or would have killed numerous soldiers or even innocent Iraqis. One down and a whole lot more to go.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Thats a shame they had to waste another bullet, they should have killed him with the first one. If he was shot planting IED'S,maybe he killed or would have killed numerous soldiers or even innocent Iraqis. One down and a whole lot more to go.

I dont get it, why shoot a man that can berly move?
I get it, he was trying to plant something, but once he is disabled why shoot again? why shoot an unarmed or disabled man, no harm done it was just a little bit of fun right?
Here is the video , from what I see is just a fallen posible suspect that is disabled that can not act at all, what do you see?
www.informationclearinghouse.info...
Is it alright? to kill some that is besicly a prisoner already, do we shot prisoners and cheer as they die?
I'm sorry but from the clip all I see is someone that is berly moving and stugeling for his life for a moment before they shoot to kill.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by pepsi78]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join