It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminist Architecture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm a huge fan of Illuminist architecture and was curious if anyone whould care to share examples of things they feel are related to this "organization".

I'm aware of the use of obilesiks and owls, but was curious as to whether or not anyone else has gleaned any images that may not have been addressed.

I'm currently collecting images for a personal project in terms of actual or planned designs for buildings or forums to be viewed by the public. (NOTE: NOT LOOKING FOR LOGOS OR ARTWORK - ONLY ARCHITECTURE or ARIAL IMAGERY)

The following is a contribution of my own - an "all seeing eye".

Anyone have anything that might relate?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-5-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Here is an image of the Manitoba legislature building. Below is the link describing its Illuminati relevance.

Manitoba Sphinx

You got the owl already, but here is an aerial view of Washington D.C.

There are literally hundreds more. Really, you can see Illuminati architecture wherever you want to look for it.

Compare this to the Illuminati torch. My point is simple. The Illuminati have been extinct for some time, though their symbolism is vague and constant enough to have survived to be seen wherever people wish to see it. The Louve was built of 666 panes of glass. It is beautiful, but the guy that commissioned it was a satanist. Here is yet another example:

How difficult was it to superimpose this image over the dollar bill? Not very. I could overlay the same pentagram over a picture of an icecream cone and it would look like a convincing Freemason secret logo. On that subject, here is a link to a thread regarding the symbology on the dollar bill that I keep hearing about. Enough is enough.
National Treasure Nonsense
Hope these were enough for your project.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Edenkaia - AWESOME.

I've never seen the arial of DC before...hardcore one, that.

The sphinx is awesome as well.

Thank you!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Where did you find this?
If it is intended to see what I see and I must say clever design.

Looks as if with reflecting it was meant to be an eye and with obvious pupil and I am look at the two lines as if a pyramid or rays.

Anything close to this would be early 1800s masonic work (comparitive or for ref).

Now for some misc stuff. Can someone help me with the freemason I believe 1700s from Paris who designed alot of things still standing today?

www.3goose.com...

I guess what you consider illuminati and what is masonic and what is occult..

I have not read anything on the Bavarian Illuminati so I have no idea if the original degrees/doctrine is saved beyond theory. However I would assume with any occult knowledge and symbolism you will find the same thing. I would suggest searching deeper in symbolism. Also I have seen stone work of the flower of life which some would say is the basis of occult beliefs.

I imagine a few new images may come up for you here but I would suggest deeper research to know exactly what your looking for besides pyramids and obliesks,etc Maybe a few books on Carl Jung and Kabbalah. I have yet to come across anything worthy on symbollism besides some old old books.

Than the question lies when looking for new things what is "it" symbolic of to us and to another person involved with secret symbolism if such thing exsists or did exsist at one point.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It's the upstairs room overlooking an underground bus terminal.

I took the photo for the color scheme and symmetry - after the photo was developed I noticed the "eye".

[edit on 30-5-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Impressive...

Building the City of God, Cosmopolis.

Recall Close Encounters of the Third Kind? I nailed the mother ship as archetype of the same. Holy Oblation.

So, you ARE a constructionist!

EDIT: addition of my contribution follows

This link is a powerful exercise. My board is set up for it, but I have not had the time. Perhaps you will.

www.nexusjournal.com...

and this

www.cromp.com...

from here

www.cromp.com...

for starters.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by Matyas]

Dae

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Amazing symbology and blatant design can be found at the The Israeli Supreme Court Building

Found this site it has lots of images and text explaining what we are seeing, also a google video is on that page, Im watching it now.

Found this ATS thread too

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Thanks Dae - awesome link. Thanks for sharing - I'm totally digging on the video.

One day I hope to actually get to visit some of these places - my boyfriend is a photographer and I dabble a bit...I absolutely love the attention to detail and sacred symbolism these guys put into their work - although I do express preferences over certain styles...more into the post-modern uses of the ancient traditions.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Amazing symbology and blatant design can be found at the The Israeli Supreme Court Building

Found this site it has lots of images and text explaining what we are seeing, also a google video is on that page, Im watching it now.

Found this ATS thread too

What blatant symbolism and design? If you have to have it explained to you, its unlikely that any truth to the design exists.

If you wanted to, you could find whatever you want in anything. I see no proof of illuminati or Masonic design in this building. The other pics on that site show things that are obviously Masonic, with no intent to hide that fact.

The site you linked to is, well, another clone of the numerous anti-Estoric sites that infest the internet, with little fact and alot of fiction and assumption really.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is illuminati achitecture but here in the street plans of washington DC, an owl upon a pyramid? Now if thats not built by design, i really don't know what is.

Does anyone actually know why this is the street plans of washington DC? Also I'm sure this isn't an isolated plan.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikolaos2030
I'm not sure if this is illuminati achitecture but here in the street plans of washington DC, an owl upon a pyramid? Now if thats not built by design, i really don't know what is.

Does anyone actually know why this is the street plans of washington DC? Also I'm sure this isn't an isolated plan.

Built by design only if you want to see it that way. The first time I saw some website claiming that pentagrams, pyramids, owls, ect were incorporated into DC street design, the site had to drawn lines on the map and highlight them to show their theory, which tells me that if a person has to line things up and point them out, hes stretching it.

You see an owl and a pyramid. I see a christmas tree, a bat, a slice of a tangerine, an angel, an alien, a drum major's baton, a flagpole, an X-wing fighter, the ansuz-rune, a smiley face, and one of those spider-like thingy's from Space Invaders (remember that atari game waaaaaaaaay back?)

Can we say RORSACHs, anyone?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Built by design only if you want to see it that way. The first time I saw some website claiming that pentagrams, pyramids, owls, ect were incorporated into DC street design, the site had to drawn lines on the map and highlight them to show their theory, which tells me that if a person has to line things up and point them out, hes stretching it.

It's not difficult to see. I'm not stretching my imagination nor am I trying to make it look like a pyramid with an owl on top it just struck me as odd when I watched in a David Icke video I'm not saying he's correct in what he says however, though it's quite distinct in its design. As for the pentagrams and such well I don't quite know what to make of them.

I also know that the human mind is hardwired to look for signs or patterns that aren't actually there. To take into account that if I did not watch said david icke video I probably would never of even thought about owls sat on pyramids in street plans but I guess its just one of those coincidences and a case of paranoia.

Note: All I done was take a screen shot of google earth with the roads, no marking out.

You see an owl and a pyramid.

No, I see an owl sat on top of a pyramid, slightly different than seeing an owl and a pyramid seperately.

I see a christmas tree, a bat, a slice of a tangerine, an angel, an alien, a drum major's baton, a flagpole, an X-wing fighter, the ansuz-rune, a smiley face, and one of those spider-like thingy's from Space Invaders (remember that atari game waaaaaaaaay back?)

I remember space invaders but not to well I was only a lil' nipper back then. Great bordom breaker also somewhat strangely addictive. *goes searching for replica game on web*

As for all those things you see, wow thats some imagination.

Can we say RORSACHs, anyone?

Can we say what? *scratches head*

[edit on 1/6/06 by Nikolaos2030]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Rorsachs. Its those inkblot pictures that shrinks, researchers, and scientists of human psychology hold up, and youre supposed to tell them what you see in the inkblots. (like butterflies, flowers, cars, ect). People see different things in the inkblots.

I saw the previous pictures on another site taken from google earth. One unaltered, the other with everything highlighted. I saw the unaltered picture first, and I didnt see anything in it. I didnt identify any owls, squirrels, pryamids, ect.

I think watching David icke would more than likely hardwire your brain to see just about anything sinister in anything.

I do have an active imagination. When I was given a Rorsachs test for a gifted students program in school, I was able to come up with all sorts of crazy stuff in the inkblots.

Its all about your state of mind and preconcieved notions of what something should be.

If you already believe David Icke's theories, then you are more than likely gonna be looking, even subconciously, for secret and sinister symbols in everything from street grids to pizzas.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Look guys - I respect your right to free speech and all - but this IS my topic - could you please handle your debate U2U or in your own forum?

I'm trying to run a serious discussion of architecture styles here, not a debate.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Look guys - I respect your right to free speech and all - but this IS my topic - could you please handle your debate U2U or in your own forum?

I'm trying to run a serious discussion of architecture styles here, not a debate.

Thank you.

We are doing a discussion here on illuminist architecture.

Since this is an open forum, that means its open to debate and speculation.

You are claiming there is illuminati symbolism all over the place in these buildings. I am replying that I see no evidence of such.

All threads and topics on this site are open to debate, discussion, ect. Its not YOUR thread. Its now open to all the public.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Starting a thread to counter the topic at hand would be the most polite thing to do, however, I see the "fighter" is more interested in being a schoolyard bully.

If anyone would like to continue sharing pictures and insight in a common vein of interest, please feel free to U2U me.

I haven't the time (or interest) in popularity contests of debate with a self-satisfied member of the board whose opinon overrides common decency.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
all the photos that were given are right on. it all stems from ancient egypt.

the highest ranking freemasons aquired secret esoteric knowledge centuries ago that came from atlantis. this is the secret info that they guard so well. this knowledge is the reason for their power and control. they came across this knowledge in ancient egypt by way of lucifer and his angels and has been passed on to this day. this is the reason for the pyrimid symbol they have put on our currency...the birthplace of the vision. the vision? to bring about the "new atlantis." an global utopia. a new world order. thier plan is in full effect. all the freemason symbols that around our capitol and our country and around the world are directly linked to ancient egypt and this esoteric knowledge.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Starting a thread to counter the topic at hand would be the most polite thing to do, however, I see the "fighter" is more interested in being a schoolyard bully.

If anyone would like to continue sharing pictures and insight in a common vein of interest, please feel free to U2U me.

I haven't the time (or interest) in popularity contests of debate with a self-satisfied member of the board whose opinon overrides common decency.

Oh, what a laugh. Overrides common decency? Why. because I have an opinion that is different from yours? because Im not going to blindly support a bunch of assumptions based on speculation?

Starting a new thread is NOT the polite thing to do, as it uneccesarily clogs up the board with numerous clone threads. Such a thread, if started, would most likely be closed down and refered to this one.

If you cannot handle criticism and debate regarding things you post about, then don't post them. But anything, any topic posted on this forum is open for all people to discuss and interject their own opinions, regardless if you like them or not. Its not about creating a safe little nursery environment where you can post any idea, supported or not, and be safe from anyone disagreeing with you or pointing out precieved flaws in your arguement.

If you cannot handle debate or differing opinions, then dont start threads.

The site motto is deny ignorance. Denying ignorance involves examining and discussing differing points of view, debating them, and looking from all angles.

If you think I am being a schoolyard bully, you might be too soft and oversensitive for the majority of threads on this site.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
But is it a good thing or not?

Thats the question nobody seems to be able to answer, is it really evil and satanic, or is it misunderstood and actually a good thing?

I have spent the better part of the last 5 years reading about this stuff night and day, and I find it very hard to find an unbiased look at it, everthing is either Esoteric literature which states that the Golden Age is on its way, or Fundamentalist Christian which says that its all evil and we need to repent from it!!

Somebody......give me a decent response.....

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm not all to concerned about establishing it as "good", "evil", "satanic" or otherwise - to me it remains nothing more than symbolic art that spans over generations and through time.

To even bring religious undertones into it just adds more fuel for the whole Christian/Satanic debate - neither of which goes very far and only pulls the arts and humanities back into a lower level.

Most people are caught up in the whole "conspiracy" rather than just accepting it for the art form as it is.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join