It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird way to fight off a cold?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I know this is kind of a weird way to do this, but last night I was sure I was coming down with something. I could feel it in the throat, and nose. I sneezed a few times as well. Additionally I had done a bunch of physical work throughout the day, and I thought it would be good on the old muscles to sit in the hot tub for a while last night. Well when I woke up this morning I wasn't sick at all (like I predicted I would be). I wonder if it is possible that being in the hot tub, which is at 104 degrees simulated having a fever, and that killed off the virus (which assumably could not handle the heat)? THoughts?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not wierd at all,,,
I have major sinus problems several times a year and I've noticed that when I hit the steam room at the gym after my workout that my sinuses are less prone to causing me the normal probs. Also seems to work when I feel myself coming down with a headcold.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Steam can help you alot as it clears the airways, you probably vaporized most of the germs which were gathering in your throat, beware, sitting in a hot tub for too long can also be bad for you.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah, absolutely. I don't stay in any longer than 10 minutes. I hope that isn't too long at that temperature.

Originally posted by Nerdling
Steam can help you alot as it clears the airways, you probably vaporized most of the germs which were gathering in your throat, beware, sitting in a hot tub for too long can also be bad for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by postings
I know this is kind of a weird way to do this, but last night I was sure I was coming down with something. I could feel it in the throat, and nose. I sneezed a few times as well. Additionally I had done a bunch of physical work throughout the day, and I thought it would be good on the old muscles to sit in the hot tub for a while last night. Well when I woke up this morning I wasn't sick at all (like I predicted I would be). I wonder if it is possible that being in the hot tub, which is at 104 degrees simulated having a fever, and that killed off the virus (which assumably could not handle the heat)? THoughts?

That's interesting. I've done that myself, and had it work, and other times it hasn't. Though, a nice hot bath is always relaxing.

Sometimes when I feel my throat getting a bit raw and my lymph nodes swelling a bit, I'll drink a hot cup of tea and it'll clear up my throat completely. I'm prone to strep infections in my throat, so when it helps I'm always very relieved.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So if a pharmaceuticals company were to make a way to bottle something that creates steam when opened, they'd be damned rich.

new topics

top topics

join