It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant 'picture' of alien near Kaliningrad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
In this picture , I can make out the form of a humanoid along with antennae on it's 'helmet'.

The entire 'alien' is 1.5 km long.

Here's one link with this one to back it up.

It may be a geological phenomenom, but then again it wasn't discovered until we "took to the air" so to say (just like the Nazca lines in Peru).

I wonder what the "alien' is made of? The surrounding material is quite different.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
sorry mate maybe im thick, can you point out what im supposed to be looking at. Not trying to be smart (ive had a couple of quiet drinks) but i cant see it.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i just looked and must agree with mojo. i can't see it all, so it would be great if you could point it out.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yeah i cannot see it either..can you point out what we are looking at?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
mojo4sale,

If you look at the 'gold-colored' image to the right of center in the photograph, an image will bearing 'a sitting humaoid, wearing a head-gear' of somesort will appear.

The rest of the landscape takes on a reddish and black colors while the "alien" is composed of lighter colored minerals.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
dear god

nope i cant see it either. and i have to be honest! im not certain im going to agree with you that it realy is a massive 1.5 km long alien when you point it out, either.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oh, so it's like Jesus in the breakfast toast. Not really there unless you use your imagination.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sorry still not, my wife says she can see it which is annoying me even more. Thanks anyway..

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here's a very rough (20 second
) outline of what I think the article is referring to.

Interesting formation, but I can't say that I believe it is from an extraterrestrial source.

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Oh, so it's like Jesus in the breakfast toast. Not really there unless you use your imagination.

I think you're right.

[edit on 5/29/06 by redmage]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Interesting formation, but I can't say that I believe it is from an extraterrestrial source.

Thanks redmage,

The modifications I did were a bit crude and you beat me to uplaoading.

The head is clearly definable in your modification.

Like you said, it may not be of extraterrestrial origin but it seems odd that a geological formation could form an image so closely resembling an "astronaut" so to say.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thanks Redmage, doh, now ive got it

Cheers
M4S

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It's Not An Alien! It's THE VIRGIN MARY - just not holding Jesus!

Seriously however, I think this is a MASSIVE case of "looking too much" into something. It's like seeing faces in clouds. The faces aren't there, but you imagine them there in your mind.

Just like the Big Dipper. It's not a bunch of stars shaped like a spoon - it's just like that from our perspective. Other cultures have seen it as a plow, a carriage, and the tail of a bear.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
As to the "thanks", you're welcome and I'm glad to help.

Like I said; it was a very rough/quick sketch, I'm just glad it got the "gist of it" across.

[edit on 5/29/06 by redmage]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I inverted the colors and tried to download to imageshack to no avail.

Try invereting the colors. The features come out really good.

If its a natural formation, then it's a good oddity in nature.

Looks as though this formation's been there for wuite some time.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is 100% bandwith and time waste.
Falls in the same category than Elvis faced potato chips and the Simpson's Abraham Lincoln Squirrel.

I mean, topics like this take away the credibility of any forum. This is something that you wouldn't expect to see on a serious page.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by segalindoa]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Looks pretty much like an outcropping of rocks that falls in a line. Limestone, maybe. You can see that directly "north" of it, there's a patch of trees, which would suggest that the area isn't able to be easily farmed. Otherwise, it's just another elephant in the clouds. Our own concept of what a "spaceman" looks like.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

I think you're right.

It looks like an area of farmland where they don't plough or where the crops grow poorly (though there are trees.) You'd need a geological map to tell whether this is a limestone caprock or what -- and pictures of the area taken at different times of the day. It could also be a heavily eroded area (looking at the streams just above it.)

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by segalindoa
This is 100% bandwith and time waste.
Falls in the same category than Elvis faced potato chips and the Simpson's Abraham Lincoln Squirrel.

I mean, topics like this take away the credibility of any forum. This is something that you wouldn't expect to see on a serious page.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by segalindoa]

You know? You may be right. I just saw the article and thought that an area this size to differ so greatly from it's surroundings was peculiar.

Somewhat like placed there on purpose.

And then again, who knows?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I dont see anything there either.
But I also dont think its a waste of band with. It was reported as such so always good to discuss and see what people think.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
what about it being a rock formation? just dunt see an et there... maybe with both eyes squinted.. but for the most part it appears as
either rock formation,
wood or debris,
or supermega ugly hybrination ET.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join