It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Game Advice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks Nventual, btw I'm downloading the game you recommended..thanks..

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
No problem. Be aware that the demo has alot of bad players on it. Not bad as in no skill, but bad as in they get fun out of your misfortune. In the full version there aren't any of those people though. Also, due to it being a car sim it's hard to drive using the keyboard. I use the mouse to drive but most people use a steering wheel that they purchased especially for the computer.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Kinglizard, if I can jump in at the middle here. My all time favorite is Age of Empires II (Explorers Expansion) but I doubt if you'll get that in the shops (AOE 3 isn't as good). Half-life is also on top of the list - although the second one was a bit of a disappointment - but still worth the try.
The Brothers in arms series is worth the effort as well - Second World war combat.
Colin Mcrae rally (5.0) is also one of my fav's, but it's not as popular.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein also a hit!
Thief 3 - Deadly shadows is also brilliant - if you like more sneaking and less shooting. It's a whole class of its own.
Then, no game collection is complete without Hitman 2... (I hear there's a new one - #4 - on the way... Yay!)

Oh, and on the Graphics cards debate... I'll put my money into NVidia. It never disappoints! IMO.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Not to bash ur card wildcat, but its been out over 2 years now. the 6x00 series GPU although a good chipset is now outdated. His x600 pci-x card benches about the same. an upgrade would be the 7600 for middle of the road or 7900 for a major upgrade. Since he has ATI and its superior to Nvidia(ATI doesnt pay benchmark companies to put in special code to make their cards look good) He should stick with ATI. You also failed to mention that Its a BFG made card that offers the Lifetime warranty. Theres a buttload of manufacturers out there making nvidia based vid cards. BFG is the only one offering that kinda warranty.

I am aware of that but for me, its been able to play any game out here right now smoothly.

But probably when all the next generation games come out Ill have to dump it.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Not to bash ur card wildcat, but its been out over 2 years now. the 6x00 series GPU although a good chipset is now outdated. His x600 pci-x card benches about the same. an upgrade would be the 7600 for middle of the road or 7900 for a major upgrade. Since he has ATI and its superior to Nvidia(ATI doesnt pay benchmark companies to put in special code to make their cards look good) He should stick with ATI. You also failed to mention that Its a BFG made card that offers the Lifetime warranty. Theres a buttload of manufacturers out there making nvidia based vid cards. BFG is the only one offering that kinda warranty.

But would the 7800, 7900 be able to play old game like Red Alert 2 and Batlezone - the one that came out in the late 90s. Also Total Annihilation?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hey I've been using the Radeon 9200 for 4 years now and it's played every game I've tried. This includes BF2, Hitman 3, etc. They all run perfectly fine with it.
I do need to upgrade though. :shk:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Hey I've been using the Radeon 9200 for 4 years now and it's played every game I've tried. This includes BF2, Hitman 3, etc. They all run perfectly fine with it.
I do need to upgrade though. :shk:

I had that same card PCI on my old Dell Demension 2400, the PC sucked, it was from 2003. It would always feeze and you will have to turn it off by the power button on the tower. At least I didnt have to use the power strip like my old old compaq, with that horrible PC that was my only choice. Anyway my 9200 was able to run UT2004 with everything on normal except two high ones. I never had any problems with it until it started crashing b/c something happened to it but I dont know what. But now I bought an emachines with this really expensive moniter. The Geforce uses its full potential on everygame. Especially my good picture on my moniter. But if I want to play UT2007 I guess Ill have to upgrade. But heres a question I hope someone answers, my Geforce 6600 GT OC made my PC run alot faster, without it, it would be slow. Do you think a Geforce 7800, 7900 GT OC would make my computer run faster than my Geforce 6600 GT OC or the same speed, or make it slow. I want to know b/c I plan on upgrading it to that soon. Please help.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by wildcat]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join