It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ok gang, here's an interesting one. Modern Science has proven, that a strong enough Magnetic Field can move just about anything if you do some stuff to is, what that stuff is I can't recall. But, what if you got a powerful magnet (Like www.unitednuclear.com has) put it near you body, and sorta tried to manipulate it's field. Perhaps, after a while, you'd get the hang of it and could be the next Matilda, and reason for a new kind of warfar, but I digress. I'll be trying it this summer, after all, Reality as we know it is HIGHLY subjective. Who knows, after a while you might be able to move stuff without the Magnet and just your mind. Opinions, please!

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
this guy beat you too it back in the 70s or 80s

www.americanantigravity.com...

i mean he doesnt lev himself, but for that to take place you would just need to find out the earth;s electromagnetic freq. an then prolly apply/generate a opposite field of that an you would be able to adjust the freq a bit in small amounts an be able to glide in a sense..... taken your not riped to shreds by the force....

[edit on 29-5-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Kitsune,

Yes, magnetic levitation is possible. Probably the most famous experiment was conducted by the High Field Magnetic Laboratory in the Netherlands. Check out the movies of the levitating frog on this page.

Most people would be not able to afford the type of magnet necessary to levitate yourself as they did with the frog. That being said, there are some relatively strong magnets available to the average consumer, and you need to exercise caution when experimenting with these:

• Some high gauss magnets are capable of pulling ferromagnetic materials from inside your body to the outside (directly through your skin)
  • There's a possibility of getting your fingers (or other appendages) pinched or crushed between two highly powerful magnets.
  • And the long term effects of exposure to high gauss magnetic fields haven't been conclusively determined.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
they did a frog an spider an snail right? i member that episode WOwed me!

I love magnets i really think alot of our answers can be solved with magnets

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Check out my link above, the lab has mpeg movies of a frog, a cricket, strawberries, tomatoes, and water.

top topics

join