It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resident Evil, Is It Possible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm sure we're all familiar with the "Resident Evil" and "28 Days Later" Scenarios, so my question to all of you is, do you think it's possible? Perhaps not to the extent of RS and 28DL, but something like it. I was reading a PDF Document on the Lotus Project in Area 51, and apparently, virologists can put a "Signature" on the RNA of the virus, now if they're already this far, who is to say that they're (They being World Powers.) not capable of tayloring a virus made specificaly to turn people in zombie or berserk like creatures for Biological Warfare?
My Mother, now deceased, worked on Project Tacit Rainbow at Northrup during her college schooling. At one point, she claimed* to hear higher ranking officers conversing over a new type of Anthrax, a super anthrax if you will, that can adapt to any treatment thrown at it. This was in the 1980's. Conesquently, this is also around the time that AIDS cropped up. Now, assuming everything said previously holds to be relatively true, wouldn't you agree that it's atleast possible that some or most world power have a Virus, or bacteria similiar to Resident Evil type organisms? Hell, maybe it isn't even a world power, but a Corporation (Bayer, anyone?).
Perhaps, and let us hope so, there isn't a virus/bacteria like that and there never will be...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
"The Stand" also comes to mind. I can surmise that anything is possible and with the advances of technology it could be a reality.

the only saving grace is that such bio weapons would be self limiting to the extent that it would be almost impossible to contain such an outbreak. Your own population would eventualy sucumb to the disease as well so its really a doomsday type of device.

Tom clancy explores this scenario in his novel Rainbow Six to quite a degree.

Small Pox is pretty close to this type of weapon already. Im not a biowarefare expert but I don't think it would take much to weaponize it.

Edit: we may also never know the extent of the agents engineered at Dugway and Ft. Deitrick et al.

[edit on 5/29/06 by FredT]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I dont tend to put anything past what horrors Bio weapons might lead too. Theres some scary rumors about the Soviets Bio weapon programs. I dont know about bringing people back from the dead type stuff (but who knows there was a Soviet video of USSR scientists keeping a severed dogs head alive
here on ATS)

I wouldnt say its impossible to develop something akin to say Rabies that would make humans insane and highly violent. That result might even be achieved through drugs like '___' or variants of a drug like that.

Plus theres already some weird stuff in nature that is almost as strange as Resident Evil. Check this out

Zombie slave roaches

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I dunno, I saw both of those movies and found them medically inaccurate. And being a physician's assistant, I have seen some weird crap! For one, in 28DL, its a virus, and has instantaneous effects, thats not realistic. There are certainly epidemics of encephalitis that have caused patients to be violent and aggressive, which seems to me to be the most likely candidate for these zombie movie scenarios, medically anyway. For Resident Evil, same thing basically, without the frankenstein-ish monster thing. The fact is the military is always way far ahead of anything in the public sector (or at least public sector knowledge). The military never stopped biological warfare testing even when they signed a treaty agreeing to ban it. They privatized it and compartmentalized it, of course.
Its a fact though that big pandemics/epidemics happen frequently throughout human history and is kind of a natural mechanism to control population levels when they outgrow their capacity to sustain themselves.
Just my thoughts.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rotgeist
For one, in 28DL, its a virus, and has instantaneous effects, thats not realistic.

As a doctor, I have three words for you. Ebola, hanta, and crimean-congo. All of those viruses have incubation periods sometimes less than 24 hours.

MFP

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
what a terrifying thought, lets hope a virus like those shown in these films never become a reality

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The biggest problem with biological weapons is they're hard to control. If the wind blows the wrong direction, or if the stuff mutates faster than you anticipate, you have just as much chance of gassing your own self as you do your enemy.

The turning point, I think, will be the development of an ethnically targeted biological weapon. One that introduces a deadly virus into a population that only has certain genetic markers. If you wanted to kill only black people, maybe you want to target the Sickle-Cell Anemia marker. Jewish people carry a Cohanic marker. And so on.

It'll be a little tricky to make it work well at first. And people are not as ethnically diverse as they would like to believe. It might surprise a few people to find out that they're very closely related or had common ancestors to a group of people who are now their bitterest enemies.

SUCKERS!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I've used Rabies as an example many a time when I explain this to people, I forgot it this time, however...
But, all they Government of Soviets would have to do is engineer Rabies to work fast, do something slightly different, and targer specific individuals.
I've also heard that the MIB Force is capable of making a virus that will affect you, and only you. Or only you or a family member. Perhaps it's best not to think of such things, at least not without this Forum. I mean, I went literally insane for 3 Days last summer because of the "Reptilian Agenda" Conspiricy Theory. I didn't drink any water, and the little I did drink was boiled for 30 Minutes, I also at almost no food.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In 28DL, they have people going mad and eating people in 5 seconds. I don't think Ebola/hanta/etc could do that. You could get ultra sick and die but wouldn't be a threat to anyone in terms of your psychotic rage anyway.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I don't doubt that something like that would be possible, but I hope it hasn't been developed.

The Aquarium of the Americas just opened back up in New Orleans. I swear, that if when I get there, a floating body in the shark tank all of a sudden opens her eyes, I am going to be committed for the rest of my life.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
In the movie The Re-Animator it had people and animals coming back to life and attacking because after death the brain begins to break down and people only had their more primative traits similar to zombies in Resident Evil. This would be more likely the reason of behavior if we were faced with the undead.

I believe a 28 Days Later scenerio is more plausible or something that would make us aggressive towards each other.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
28 Days Later was probably more realistic then Resident Evil. In that movie the people weren't actually dead. They were exposed to a virus that made them go crazy and by the end they were all starving to death. Take out intellegence and replace it with rage on an entire population. That movie was medically feasable

Oh and if you like Re-Animator a new one is coming out called "House of Re-Animator". It is about Dr. Herbert West reviving the president in the White house at the request of the government.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
28 Days Later was probably more realistic then Resident Evil. In that movie the people weren't actually dead. They were exposed to a virus that made them go crazy and by the end they were all starving to death. Take out intellegence and replace it with rage on an entire population. That movie was medically feasable

Oh and if you like Re-Animator a new one is coming out called "House of Re-Animator". It is about Dr. Herbert West reviving the president in the White house at the request of the government.

Sweet!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
www.upcominghorrormovies.com...

heres a link to an article on UHM about the movie House of Re-Animator looks like it should be a gooder even though the last one was just ok

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
well if it ever does i pwn the resi games so i know what to do! lol

STttttttaaaaaaaaaarrrs

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
with nowadays knowledge about, genes and cloning, such as the genen therapy, metioned for example in the great game Metal Gear Solid, is actually already in use, about to years ago i, along with two friends made a study about cloning, and i studied the subject that interest me the most, human cloning and therapies that is allowed by it. so i was able to scracth the surface of interesting materials.
by modifying the human genetic code the effects of aging, cancer, and other genetic diseases can be solved, and also the improvement the homo sapiens...
almost every cell in the regenerate (not as fast and as successfully as Wolverine), so theres a possibility of shortly after dead the cells being reactive, but, brain cells and nervs can't regenarate, and without nervs, there is no physical coordination, no willing to feed, nothing, not even involuntary reaction that are trigger by the spinal cord( that are nerv cells and therefor unable to regenerate). the cloning os stem cells can allow cientist to replace dead nerv cells for alive and kicking ones (the cure for all paraplegics, parkinson, alzeymer,...).
i think the use of zombies as weapons is quiet unreliable (there is no use for a brainless creature, only for a huge production os drool
), but there most be some kind of study to improve future soldiers, genetical and with nanotech.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's possible and even it happened I couldn't help this world from virus spread.

Virus is the coolest monster in this world.
It's not animal,not insect,not lived creature,we don't know exactly it is.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
so what wo cares if it happens it happens it doesnt matter and killing midless zombies would be friggin COOL!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
if you want to see what to do if it were to happen i suggest reading the zombie survival guide

now could it happen?

you never know, but some crazy government is probably trying to do it...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsune_205
I was reading a PDF Document on the Lotus Project in Area 51, and apparently, virologists can put a "Signature" on the RNA of the virus, now if they're already this far, who is to say that they're (They being World Powers.) not capable of tayloring a virus made specificaly to turn people in zombie or berserk like creatures for Biological Warfare?

I believe in the signature, since it wouldnt be hard to create, but it certainly wouldnt last many generations with the speed that virus' mutates in.

My Mother, now deceased, worked on Project Tacit Rainbow at Northrup during her college schooling. At one point, she claimed* to hear higher ranking officers conversing over a new type of Anthrax, a super anthrax if you will, that can adapt to any treatment thrown at it. This was in the 1980's.

Currently known maybe. I certainly dont believe that it is 'immortal'.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join