It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law forbidding political assasinations???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Im not really sure where this post is supposed to be, but since it involves both the Goverment and Army, i'd post it here. I remember that congress passed some law forbidding this. Countries like North Korea, Libya and Iran, who threaten us with Nuclear war, wouldnt it make since to take the leader out? Does the CIA or NSA still conduct these clandestine operations? Wouldnt it make since for Opposing Nations to use the UN to there advantage,ect. Im confused.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It was an executive Order in the 1970's I believe as a result of the MK Ultra and CIA misconduct (to put it lightly) hearings. The president signed an order forbaying the CIA (read: the CIA) from assassinating foreign leaders (read:leaders). Not much of an impediment legally I don't think.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
President Ford put the policy in place after they tried to bump off Fidel Castro, and we all know that they didn't get him. If the policy is changed in the future though, I think Hugo Chavez should keep his head down.

If America starts killing leaders of other nations it would be like painting a big target on their own leaders. Anyone in office would become fair game. :shk:

join