It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOL listed as worst tech product of all time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I had to share this here cause AOL has conspired against the newbie from the very birth of the internet. I call it AOHell. Check it out.

AOL listed as worst tech product of all time

Love and light my friends,

wupy

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Now that is what I call justice!

Actually, I also agreed with most of their other votes for worst products. Who would have thought that Windows ME would be such a ... hmm... interesting program?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Q) How many AOL install disks in the landfill? A) Uh, all of them, I think. LOL@AOL.

Thanx,

Victor K.

BTS thread... the alphabet game based on bad software, I'll start A, AOL, No, That was you, OK. B, Bitware. LOL.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
AOL,

I can't believe it took this long to call them out on the mat.

Goodbye AOL, long live anything else.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
AOL is nothing but a dressed up mailbox. I am upset that people STILL in this day
and age dont know any better.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I can't believe people still usbscribe. Paying for AOL is like paying for a premium cable television station that plays nothing but commercials.

It's a rip-off.

Just my opinion,

wupy

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You've got a crappy product!"

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It is a rip off, all they REALLY do is provide an email address, everything else google
provides for free, granted you have interenet connection.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I've been saying this since day one! Not only is it a crappy product, it's full of spyware as well. Absolute JUNK!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Crappy as it may be, AOL was singlehandedly responsible for "popularizing" the Internet, and for bringing hundreds of millions of people online in a simple manner that they could understand.

Sure their software is bloated, resource hogging, and chock full of stuff you don't want. Sure their programs latch themselves to more parts of your registry and hijack more of your control over your own PC than the best made virus in history.

But to ignore the sheer infinite influence AOL has had on the popularization and globalization of the internet is a mistake.

PS, AOL 2.5 was small enough to fit on a floppy disk and never crashed. Ok it was hideous but it would operate fine using 512k of RAM too!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We had Mindspring Pipeline Plus.

I'm glad RealPlayer is on that list, too. I remembered that I hated it, but I wasn't sure if I was just being hard on it.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Crappy as it may be, AOL was singlehandedly responsible for "popularizing" the Internet, and for bringing hundreds of millions of people online in a simple manner that they could understand.

Looking at the users we have in the Internet today, maybe even that "popularizing" was a bad thing...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
AOL is #ty for it can't even use Java script.

"But to ignore the sheer infinite influence AOL has had on the popularization and globalization of the internet is a mistake."

As for Globalization of the webernet I think it is good that on can interact with someone around the world. Globalization is not bad if it is done properly that is why the elites hate it. Would you rather prefer living behind the "great firewall" of China? No sir.

Globalization is an inevitability it is a fact and you nor anyone else cannot stop it.

new topics

top topics

join