It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite TPB or Graphic Novel that you own?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
In your collection, past or present, of all the TPBs or GNs which one is your favorite? What book keeps you coming back to read more?

I picked up Origin a few weeks ago and I love it.

The book reveals Wolverine’s early life as a child and a young adult.
I would love to see this story as a movie, but it would never happen.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I was in possession of a wonderful collection that was recently lost during a move.

My favorite was a beautiful rendered watercolor/oil three part series of KID ETERNITY.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Without question, my very well-read and dog-eared copy of The Watchmen.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm going to have to say “I Can't Believe It's Not The JLA” c'mon that was just funny.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You mean, I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League, right? It was okay - the Sue jokes were kinda morbid since they had held of the publishing of it until after Infinate Crisis.

I liked Formerly Known as the Justice League much better - go Super Buddies!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
You mean, I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League, right? It was okay - the Sue jokes were kinda morbid since they had held of the publishing of it until after Infinate Crisis.

I liked Formerly Known as the Justice League much better - go Super Buddies!

Oops my bad, yeah you're right the first one was better, the sequel was wanting. The sue jokes and the fact that in the middle of the series Maxwell Lord killed Blue Beetle in count down. That pretty much killed it for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
Without question, my very well-read and dog-eared copy of The Watchmen

I second that

Alan Moore knows the score!

[edit on 12/6/2006 by alienanderson]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'll third the watchmen great, great book.

Also for me most of the tbps of the first Invisibles by grant morrison. Of course I enjoy my collections of transmetropolotin buy I'm biased on those.

Dark Knight Returns...the first one.

And if we're going to kick it old school the old Green Lantern/Green Arrow Denny o'neil collection.

Theres more oh so many more...sandman, cant forget sandman.

I'm a total geek too many to mention.

Spider

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hmmm, my favorite would have to be X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills by Chris Claremont and Brent Anderson. It's about Reverend William Stryker and his agenda of "cleansing" mutants. It actually helped shape and define the movie X-Men 2.

I also like Uncanny X-Men and the New Teen Titans #1, which was a cool crossover of two of my favorite groups.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I absoutely love The Maxx.

Other favorites include:

Sin City
The Watchmen
Zero Girl
Y: The Last Man
Preacher
V for Vendetta
The Dark Knight Returns
Sandman

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Origin is amazing. I thought it was completely unpredictable 9if you read it you know what I mean!)

Although it can't top
(please don't steal that it's one of my avatars)
The Sandman I was literally heartbroken when he died. I started reading them when I was about 7 (prolly too young to be reading that but I was quite mature).
In 'The Wake' (which I only got hold of a few days ago) I was sitting in college, reading with tears coming out of my eyes.

Once you've read them you will understand how gripping they are. Utterly amazing work by Gaiman. Reccommended by JackofBlades etc etc

[edit on 19/6/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm sure from what you've read of my posts,
this

Won't come as much of a surprise to anyone.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Arkham Asylum.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hellboy:The Chained Coffin

I really liked the last story in that collection, Almost Colussus - it would have made a much better movie than Seed of Destruction.

And I'll always have a special place in my heart for AVP - yet another instance of a screwed up movie from a really impressive graphic novel storyline. It's a real shame they mucked it up as bad as they did.

That movie was in production, what, like five separate times? Bah...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
They workin on AVP2 I believe. Perhaps they will get it right this time...one can only hope.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
They workin on AVP2 I believe. Perhaps they will get it right this time...one can only hope.

Am I the only one who liked AvP?
Well not liked, but thought favourably of?

And yes they are making number 2

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
AVP wasn't bad, but it lacked........something. Most everything lacks that same something these days. It's not that it's bland, it's not that it don't look good, but there is something missing, and it wasn't missing from the first two Alien(s) films.

This might be an odd comparison to make here, but it reminds me of when you see film footage like 'The Third Reich In Colour' - and it looks like a different universe. There's something alive there that is not present in the world any longer. I don't know if it's pollution or what it is, but it looks and feels so different that it becomes shockingly apparent how wrong this reality is.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Kingdom Come is the only one I own at the moment.

new topics

top topics

join