It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian Energy Collector?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This would be incredible if true:

Russian Scientists Harness Star Power in New Battery
Created: 29.05.2006 11:46 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 11:52 MSK, 12 hours 26 minutes ago

MosNews

Russian scientists have invented a battery that can capture energy not only from the sun, but also from the stars, the head of a research center at the Dubna Nuclear Institute near Moscow, said.

“Scientists have successfully created a new substance,” Valentin Samoilov announced, “thanks to which this battery can work on earth, independently of meteorological conditions, using solar and stellar energy.

”This is a battery like no other,“ Samoilov, who heads the Institute’s center for applied research, told the ITAR-TASS news agency, explaining that it could function 24 hours a day and was twice as effective as an ordinary solar panel at converting light into electricity.

Moreover, Samoilov declared, the new battery was cheaper than a solar panel.

www.mosnews.com...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sounds like something out of the US patent office..

I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You may wish to check this ATS thread too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
NASA has some similar tech... search under the name sakamoto
Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry but announcements like this really piss me off. They divert attention from real breakthroughs and are really nothing more than a scientists desperate attempt to get more funding from his government. Probably to buy a plane ticket to Iran or North Korea to sell something they have developed.

[sarcasm]
Chalk this up just as another invention that can solve all of this planets problems overnight. Which is now going to suppressed by big oil and the NWO just to keep us down. [/sarcasm]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I ran your search V Kaminski all I could came up with is that NASA has developed a Lithium Ion battery with superior low-temperature performance using Titanium rather than graphite as a anode material.

link

Could you provide a link to anyother material.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My attention was diverted to this story posted on Rense.com. While I would like it to be true, I've often discovered that stories like this mentioned in only 3 paragraphs to be less than truthful. That and given its origin in Russia.

I was reading the article "Who Killed the Electric Car" and became furious at what I read. Stuff like this makes me want to scream and tell every person I know that were being duped. This country needs a revolution.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I know, prolly is B.S. but still worth watching untill debunked:

... The concept "heteroelectric" for the first time is entered into the reference and patented NTSePI OIJAI. Heteroelectric consists of the carrier and nanoparticals a material which is distinct from a material of the carrier. The materials received thus, possess the unique properties imposed by it. So, the photo cells applied in " solar batteries " and made on technology heteroelectric, can reach EFFICIENCY of 90 % and besides possess additional unique ability to work at night. Today real similar parameters of EFFICIENCY in the world - 12-18 %. At entering superpure rare-earth materials (RZM) in GE there can be the superheat resisting and extralight metals which are not demanding thermal protection, to use which it is possible, for example, for the case of rockets and planes. The glasses made on technology heteroelectric, pass light in any set spectral interval or at all do not pass light outside of the given interval (ideal various filters). The "know-how" of microporous quartz glasses is patented. The technology of reception of photon crystals developed in laboratory promises unique spheres of application in optical electronics, laser technics and TV, opens new opportunities in holography. Now patenting dipol nanolazer (DNL) is spent. Designing of essentially new devices of processing of the information - quantum logic cells, optical logic blocks - allows to create on the basis of technology

Patent number: WO2005019324 - HETEROGENIC MATERIALS - Publication date: 2005-03-03 - Inventor: ZAYMIDOROGA OLEG ANTONOVICH FL (RU); SAMOILOV VALENTIN NIKOLAEVICH (RU); PROTSENKO IGOR EVGENIEVICH FLA (RU) - Heteroelectric, covered by "umbrella" patent of Russian Federation N2249277 covering 24 directions of a science and technics, allows to carry out management of a magnetic field and its transformation with the purpose of creation of devices and devices with predicted optical, electric and magnetic properties. For the ways and devices with use heteroelectric experts JINR Scientific Centre for Applied Research (SCAR) are received the following patents which are not having analogues in the world: the Amplifier electric radiation (N 2266596); the Electric condenser and not hinged elements of integrated schemes (N2266585); the Mirror (2265870); the Way of generation of coherent electromagnetic radiation and dipol nanolaser on its basis (N2249278); Optical glass (N2209785); the Photocathode (N2216815); the Heterogeneous photo cell (N 2217845); the Photo cell (N2222846). Solar Cell - proposed photocell depending for its operation on conversion of electromagnetic light flux energy into electrical energy has operating efficiency as high as 60 - 70% at resonant frequency maximum due to introduction of metal nanoparticles measuring 10-30 nm into its photosensitive layer, concentration of mentioned nanoparticles in mentioned layer being (1-10)10-2 volume fractions. EFFECT: enhanced efficiency of photocell. / Photocathode - technical result of invention lies in increase of quantum yield of photoelectrons to 60- 70% in maximum in visible region of spectrum. To achieve this technical result layer of semiconductor with p-n junction deposited on surface of glass flask of photoelectric multiplier facing vacuum was implanted with nanoparticles of metal with linear dimensions under 100 nm homogeneously distributed over its surface with concentration of mentioned nanoparticles in layer amounting to (1/5)10-2 volume fractions. EFFECT: increased quantum yield of photoelectrons. (Interesting that this wide ranging patent cites two US patents that relate; US2003032709 - Thermoelectric materials, thermoelectric device, and method for producing thermoelectric materials, US2002145132 - Composite polymers containing nanometer-sized metal particles and manufacturing method thereof AND European patent EP0488321 - Electroconductive polymer coated metal particles and method for preparing same.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
My attention was diverted to this story posted on Rense.com. While I would like it to be true, I've often discovered that stories like this mentioned in only 3 paragraphs to be less than truthful. That and given its origin in Russia.

I agree entirely. Publications that promise a panacea overnight and in the space of less than half a page don't have that much creedance. As far as Russian tech half the people on this forum would have you believe that they have the tech that could dominnate the world. Yet they've spent the last decade in an economic slump and they'd still be there if oil prices weren't $70 a barrel.

Even if they did possess such tech back in the 90's Russian industry was pretty much under the defacto control of organized crime syndicates. So what ever tech they had would have made its way to the US, Europe and Japan at the very least.

Originally posted by Freenrgy
I was reading the article "Who Killed the Electric Car" and became furious at what I read. Stuff like this makes me want to scream and tell every person I know that were being duped. This country needs a revolution.

I looked up that article and I must admit I had never even heard of this car. But from what I saw it looked freakin awesome! Such a tragedy for our nation and our planet. Big Oil did with it the same thing they did to the fledgling Bio-fuels industry back in the early 20th century.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is cool. If it's true, I wouldn't be surprised to see it come from Russia. USA makes things to blow things up with. Russia makes things that blow up. Batteries don't make things go boom. Batteries go boom. That's from experience.

Don't try t his at home.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

I just found out that this is a movie also.. its good with the internet it seems that information just spreads faster than anyone can bury it.. hopefully more and more of this stuff will surface!!

www.apple.com...

It requires quicktime btw.. but its worth the install since apple.com/trailers is the best site on the net for upcoming movie trailers

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
there is already a thread on this article:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

new topics

top topics

join