It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier shoots afghan after traffic accident. Riots Erupt in Kabul

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
A fatal traffic accident involving a U.S. military truck has sparked anti-american riots in Kabul. Early this morning a convoy crashed in the morning rush, killing at least three and wounding 16. People started throwing stones and this is when the soldiers opened fire and killed another seven and wounding at least 40.

Right now the Afghan protesters gather outside US embassy in Kabul.

washingtonpost.com
euronews.net

Vaak

[edit on 29/5/06 by Vaak]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vaak
A fatal traffic accident involving a U.S. military truck has sparked anti-american riots in Kabul. Early this morning a convoy crashed in the morning rush, killing at least three and wounding 16. People started throwing stones and this is when the soldiers opened fire and killed another seven and wounding at least 40.

Right now the Afghan protesters gather outside US embassy in Kabul.

washingtonpost.com
euronews.net

Vaak

So, What were the soldiers supposed to do to protect themselves. These people only know violence.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by steve99]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
So,

nice one word reply

this is nothing i mean who cares if suvilians are killed [sarc off]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
A fatal traffic accident leads to rioting, and 8 people killed. Over 100 people injured. Rioters burning a CARE office and beating innocent people.

It's not certain if the dead were a result of police or military fire.

This seems to be the typical response to most everything in that section of the world: riot and burn.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

So, What were the soldiers supposed to do to protect themselves. These people only know violence.

Originally posted by jsobecky
This seems to be the typical response to most everything in that section of the world: riot and burn.

Thank's for some well reflected replies!
You guys are the best

Protesters in Kabul Burst Into Parliament

Vaak

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I guess intel got it wrong again... no parades and flowers....just rocks and riots.

but seriously though this is not good, we are never going to win the hearts and minds of ANYONE with things like this happening, combined with the Medias overeagerness to report anything that our troops do "wrong".

This is going to be a P.R. nightmare!

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'll take another veiw. This is probally more like most of you guys like. The poor Afgans who are being put out by the American swine had to defend themselves from the Americans who started shooting and killing them. They could only fight back with rocks and sticks. It's all the Americans fault, especially that Bush.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I'll take another veiw. This is probally more like most of you guys like. The poor Afgans who are being put out by the American swine had to defend themselves from the Americans who started shooting and killing them. They could only fight back with rocks and sticks. It's all the Americans fault, especially that Bush.

no offense steve but if thats what I thought, I wouldve said it. Lets keep politricks out of this as it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.. this is a an accident that resulted in an explosive response from locals whether justified or not.
This has nothing to do with politricks. that being said. We will watch both sides try to spin this one way or another...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
They are working on a statue of Bush, to bring to the parade along with the flowers.

Any day now.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

They are working on a statue of Bush, to bring to the parade along with the flowers.

Any day now.

Nothing to do with politics....huh.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Huh-

Read the thread in full.

Thank you.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well I wonder what kind of "TRAFFIC ACCIDENT" really happened, so that these people became so Angry - or do you think they are just a bunch of savages, that just thrown rocks at soldiers, just to to feel a alive and ofcourse to provoke them enough to get shot?

It takes TWO to TANGO.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Nothing to do with politics....huh.

If you reread the thread, you'll see that you were the first to bring up Bush.

We had a major opportunity in Afghanistan to defang the Islamists, and failed.

Had we spent half the money and effort (or a third, or a fifth) we spent destroying Iraq on rebuilding and stabilizing Afghanistan instead, this wouldn't be happening.

Now the Taliban is back on the rise, the new Afghan democracy is teetering, and our soldiers are firing into crowds... seems to me it's the American far right, as much as any Islamists, that "only understand violence"...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
From the links provided, what I'm reading is that it was the Afghan Police doing most of the killing. Reports also say that two police vehicles are on fire, as well as a TV truck.

But, quick, blame the Americans! It's so much easier than actually, you know, getting the facts.

KABUL, May 29 (Reuters) - Shooting erupted in the Afghan capital Kabul on Monday and some people were killed and wounded, Afghan officials said, during a protest by angry residents after a U.S. military convoy was involved in a traffic accident.

It was not immediately clear who fired first but the violence soon degenerated into a gun-fight between protesters and police.

Reuters reporters at the scene saw one man shot dead and several wounded people being taken away.

Witnesses said some protesters had been killed after police intervened and forced residents to scatter....

Gunfire later erupted between protesters and police, Reuters journalists said.

Welcome to Dodge, folks. Thems protesters have guns.

DE

[edit on 29-5-2006 by DeusEx]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So...

Say 2 dudes have a fistfight. The one who gets his ass whooped gets mad and throws rocks at the winner. The winner then gets pissed, pulls out a Glock, and blows the loser away.

You think the winner will be faced with criminal charges?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
See, Truthseeka...If a guy starts heaving rocks at you and has an AK in his free hand, you put him down, it's legal.

Not to mention that this entire incident seems to be between Afghan police and some alarmingly armed protesters.

DE

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Afghans often complain about what they call the aggressive driving tactics of the U.S. military. Convoys often pass through crowded areas at high speed and sometimes disregard road rules. The U.S. military says such tactics are necessary to protect the troops from attack.

``Today's demonstration is because Americans killed innocent people. We will not stop until foreigners leave the city. We are looking for foreigners to kill,'' one protester in his late 20s, Gulam Ghaus, said near where rioters burned a police post.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sky News doesn't seem to be reporting on this incident, has anyone seen any other reports stating the Parliament building in Kabal has been stormed, and the U.S embassy evacuated? I'm not doubting any of the information people have posted in this thread, at all, I'm just looking for more.

Originally posted by dgtempe

Any day now.

LOL!

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
CM, I've read same. The afghan's rage seems to be squarely pointed at their own government for now, but any foreigners sticking their heads out of the trench are bound to have someone try to knock it off. And what are Coalition soldiers supposed to do about it?

Shoot back, of course, but then the media makes them out to be monsters.

DE

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Deus...

Can you show me the picture where the guys with rocks are holding a chopper? I must have missed that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join