It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is truth scary ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You know, today I was thinking that even if people say that they like the truth.

If an alien civilisation wanted to invade earth, I think, the only thing they need to do, is set-up an Internet link, and tell the whole world, that all there questions will be answered on this site...

So, I think, that soon after human being will try to find out, who kill JFK, but after, who started WWI, is the Armeniens genocide is true and should we blame the Turkish people, etc., etc.

After a month of that, old wounds will be re-open, war everywhere...

When there will be only few human left, then the alien, can simply walk-in with their luggages.

Don't you think ?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
nothing scary about the truth

Why would aliens invade the earth like I said if you do nothing treat others the way you want to be treated uzbeki friend say there is always someone stronger more powerfull then you or more anything than you.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PopeyeFAFL

After a month of that, old wounds will be re-open, war everywhere...

When there will be only few human left, then the alien, can simply walk-in with their luggages.

Don't you think ?

Nah!

We just need better Schools and Teachers. And if Aliens wanted Earth for a vacation spot they'd have taken it by now.

Plus I don't feel like exterminating my neighbors yet! And I haven't lost all faith in Humanity either , just look at our track record its impressive in-spite of the negatives.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The truth is you are going to die. Is that scary enough?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I have died many times before, nothing new

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
On a serious note, I would say yes the truth is scary. I do not take conspiracy theories as far as some on these boards, but I do believe that the majority of people on this earth are happy to continue their existence believing nothing more than what they see with their own two eyes (If anyone makes an X-men comment....) Truth in the sense you are referring to, upsets the status quo, and the latter is something that most people willingly or unwillingly accept as reality; it makes it easier. I am not referring to some massive Reptillian/NWO conspiracy (which I think is ludicrous) but even something as simple as well....anything that denies the currenty state of affairs. Being an American, people go back and forth over the evils of Republicans vs. Democrats, we are the most centrist nation on Earth and we get up in arms over little squabbles such as this. The important issues escape discussion in main-stream arguments.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I have no fear of the truth of the matter of extraterrestrials. Just the aftermath.

So many people are transfixed upon their lives as they are now. If suddenly they came to know that much of the faith they have in their own terrestrial truths was false and that they can't even trust their own government, a global case of cognitive dissonance would likely bring human civilization as we know it down. In the chaos of that moment, who knows how many of your friends, family, or even yourself would survive or even manage to cope with such massive change in global thought?

I know I could handle it. I just don't know about the rest of the world. Since I put no faith upon our governments or ETs to save humanity from any type of disaster. I can only imagine the worst will happen once the public wakes up to this reality. Which is inevitable, IMO. One way or another such a big secret has to come out in the open and its a day long dreaded by our governments. Since it most assuredly spells the end for them.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by heelstone]

top topics

join