It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUESTION...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is an interesting scenario and I was just wondering how you guys would answer this question.

QUESTION..

You are an investigator for a police department in nowhere city USA. This is what you are being told by what you believe to be credible informants:

There is a man, only known by the street name of Jon, along with his gang, the followers, that are selling drugs and weapons to the children of your community. The weapons are being used to commit vicious crimes against the citizens of the community in order to pay for the drugs. These children truly believe that the crimes they are committing are justified because to them life cannot be lived without the drugs.

You the investigator have a caseload full of armed robberies, burglaries and numerous homicides all of which smell of Jon and his crew�s involvement. However, at the present time you lack the evidence and eyewitness accounts necessary to prevent Jon and the crew from carrying out the acts which contribute to the vicious cycle.

You know that it is only a matter of time before there is going to be a mass causality incident as a result of Jon�s actions but you do not know when and you do not know where, but you do know the threat is definitely there.

You suspect that the evidence supporting the crimes against Jon and the crew are located at the groups hang out or Jon�s home itself. In order to stop Jon and the Crew you know this is where you must start to build a good case against them. You diligently go to work getting your information and facts to build your rock solid case. You follow the letter of the law as required to ensure that Jon and the Crew do not get away on a technicality.

But, before you can completely build the case, seize the elements of the crime, to prevent the future crime, on a Monday a 16 year old boy named Bob visits Jon. Unknown to you at the time, Bob purchases an AK47, ammunition and an oz of methamphetamine. On Tuesday mid-morning Bob, who has been up all night smoking his meth and plotting the days events, enters the Nowhere Town High School with his newly purchased AK47. Bob proceeds to shoot and kill 47 students and 12 teachers before killing himself.

I ask you as the investigator, what more could you have done to prevent this?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't know why you double posted this...

Anyway, I think that as the police investigator, I probably would have done some going around of the law. I think that In a situation such as this, picking old jon up on any charges could lead to you finding his guns and drugs, because you're allowed to search his car, and stuff. However, I'd say that if you were following the book like John Q. Law, then well, You failed those kids, and their 12 teachers. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Unfortunately, the answer is "nothing". If you move too fast and try to convict Jon, Jon is back in the streets in no time, due to technicalities...and now it'll be even harder to go after him after a thrown out case.

There's also no way you could have known what Bob would do... lots of people buy guns and drugs.... All you can do is try to nail Jon, so that no more Bobs are created from his enterprise....

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousone

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Set up surveillance of the gangs location, run a license check on the tags of suppliers of the machinery to find out where they are from. you put a surveillance unit on the weapon suppliers and take them down before they ever reach jon's location. you start from the outside in. While a few units are out tracking down guns and weapons suppliers, you show video evidence of the same truck or type of truck that has been busted for weapons trafficking. you have reasonable cause and a judge will grant you a warrant. you also tie video evidence of various youths who are busted on misdemeanor crimes visiting john and you have enough evidence to put him away for a long time.

its all about acting like pack of wolves. if you can watch intently and make good video documentation and work from the outside in, you'll be able to get a big time criminal no problem

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Set up surveillance of the gangs location, run a license check on the tags of suppliers of the machinery to find out where they are from. you put a surveillance unit on the weapon suppliers and take them down before they ever reach jon's location. you start from the outside in. While a few units are out tracking down guns and weapons suppliers, you show video evidence of the same truck or type of truck that has been busted for weapons trafficking. you have reasonable cause and a judge will grant you a warrant. you also tie video evidence of various youths who are busted on misdemeanor crimes visiting john and you have enough evidence to put him away for a long time.

Yeah I reckon thats one way....... to monitor the sales of munnitions to kill 47 kids and 12 teachers you will need a wheelbarrowload of 7.62x39 and you will also need a whole heap of magzines pre-loaded.
Because somebody that wasnt stoned out of their brain would be spraying on auto not shooting people round for person.

And the AK can empty a clip pretty smartly....

If you had been watching the sales you could have had the chance to see into what was to come...but hey very random...

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by ROGUE]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousone

...Unknown to you at the time, Bob purchases an AK47, ammunition and an oz of methamphetamine. On Tuesday mid-morning Bob, who has been up all night smoking his meth and plotting the days events, enters the Nowhere Town High School with his newly purchased AK47. Bob proceeds to shoot and kill 47 students and 12 teachers before killing himself.

well, petitioned for teacher to have guns in their classrooms. Strange as it may sound, but consider this. Israel does this same thing, and have not had any problems with students shooting up their school. ZERO

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

well, petitioned for teacher to have guns in their classrooms. Strange as it may sound, but consider this. Israel does this same thing, and have not had any problems with students shooting up their school. ZERO

Just a thought.

I am not sure if you are saying that the Israeli teachers are armed? Are they?
If I was a teacher in a US school I would be armed and probably wearing light body armour...

And another phrase is "Dogs dont # in their own back yards"....
(sorry just ignore that).

new topics

top topics

join