I live in Franklin Park, IL just outside Chicago.
I have a weblog dedicated to art, music, politics, conspiracy theories, anything really.
I found abovetopsecret.com site when someone at my site turned me onto it.
I was recently booted off a political weblog called The Daily Kos
because I got into an argument with a "high
level" member of the site.
A little explanation lest anyone fear that I will be unproductive here:
The Daily Kos has a "troll rating" fuction that is a good idea, but lately that site has devolved into a Lord of the Flies type situation, with
"Trusted Users" ( those who post alot and get a lot of good ratings by posting puppy pics) forming Survivor-like alliances and then putting a
"hit" out on people they disagree with.
For the record, I was not a "troll" which is the purpose of troll ratings. A troll is supposed to be someone who does nothing but post inflammatory
remarks. 99% of my comments were rational political arguments, the remaining 1% was me getting ticked off at those rating me unfairly for my
and finding creative ways to cuss at them (cussing is allowed there)
Anyway, it led to a discussion at my site and a user named Jesus Christ turning me onto this site, so it all worked out I guess.
I really dig abovetopsecret.com Now I am a member here. Very cool.
I love the organized debate section.
[edit on 28-5-2006 by SkepticOverlord]