It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID Implants for Immigrants, Guest Workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Source

Scott Silverman, Chairman of the Board of VeriChip Corporation, has alarmed civil libertarians by promoting the company's subcutaneous human tracking device as a way to identify immigrants and guest workers. He appeared on the Fox News Channel earlier this week, the morning after President Bush called for high-tech measures to clamp down on Mexican immigrants.

"Makers of VeriChip have been planning for this day. They've lost millions of dollars trying to sell their invasive product to North America, and now they see an opportunity in the desperation of the people of Latin America," Albrecht observes.

VeriChip's Silverman bandied about the idea of chipping foreigners on national television Tuesday, emboldened by the Bush Administration call to know "who is in our country and why they are here." He told Fox & Friends that the VeriChip could be used to register guest workers, verify their identities as they cross the border, and "be used for enforcement purposes at the employer level." He added, "We have talked to many people in Washington about using it...."

The beast is about to rear its ugly head. This will be the beginning, and little by little we will all have the chip.
Which makes me wonder......Mexicans, as a society are Catholic- Will they chose the chip in order to stay here, or will they start going South IF and WHEN this becomes a law???

What is your best guess if this is implimented?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I would be VERY surprised if this was ever implemented. It's barely one step above tagging cattle, this PC nation will never let it happen. Once the NAACP gets a hold of this one, they'll be screaming from the highest rooftops about racism (which, for once, may be warranted).

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't quite understand the Catholic angle, dg.

As for the chip, I've heard that hackers have already found out how to steal and duplicate the scan.

Maybe the illegals will continue North on their journey..

Talk about getting under your skin!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The implantable RFID chip, the modern equivalent of the sew-on-patch

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

original quote by:dgtempe
The beast is about to rear its ugly head. This will be the beginning, and little by little we will all have the chip.

Ill tell you what they can implant me over my dead body!

As far as implanting immigrants goes. absolutely NOT! If that is the plan then in a couple generations most of america would be chipped. This Orwellian crap is getting out of hand.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ive seen a documentary on TV about these chips implants; the study they have done with a US company that offers this service said that this implant costs about 10,000 dollars. Not a good financial move, in case they wanna get this implemented.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
No need to panic. :shk: At least one state is already working on a law to prohibit them and others are considering their own.

Mandadory Microchip Implants To Be Prohibited By Law

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

original quote by:shots
No need to panic. At least one state is already working on a law to prohibit them and others are considering their own

Thank god at least one state is standing up to this. I didnt know that Verichip was based in FL. that sucks cause im IN florida. I hope Old Jeb doesnt take to this chipping to much. I would hate to have to move away from my little tropical paradise.

As I said before they can chip me over my dead body!

thanks for the info shots

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I only meant to say that Mexicans are pretty much devoutly religious.
This no doubt, would cause a big problem!

I hope its just talk and no action- but they seem determined to use that chip.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Let me ask you this: would you allow your children to be "chipped" as a method of locating them should they get lost or be kidnapped?

Entirely voluntary, nothing mandatory about it. And the procedure would be completely reversible at whatever age you determined.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I had two children and never lost them to this day! If you take precautions and are good at parenting, you dont need radar to know where your child is.

We all survived nicely without it.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Let me ask you this: would you allow your children to be "chipped" as a method of locating them should they get lost or be kidnapped?

Not a chance on earth! Everyone for the most part has seemed to manage fine without them so far. If you feel that you can't keep a close enough eye on your children, then by all means that is your business. Tell you what though, there's nothing like sticking a chip in a child, that may mean he/she has to live the rest of their life that way. What if something big does come down the road later with that chip? Your children will never get the choice.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I would have no problem with something like you suggested not at all. I have read that in CA (it could be elsewhere) some parents are already chipping their kids. What I do not know if those chips are reversible.

They also have some cell phones with tracking devices which again parents are insisting their kids have them on at all times.

Think about it; you will know where your daughter is and she cannot lie and say I was at Mary's when in fact she was at Johnnies

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You arm them with cell phones, install tracking devices on their cars without their knowledge- as long as the PARENT does the tracking its ok.

There's lots of technologies out there, of course the best thing is to keep your eyes on them. Remember those days???

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We all survived nicely without it.

Well, I'd say that nobody would want to kidnap us when we were kids, dg. They would probably beg our parents to take us back!

Just to clarify, I did not mean that a gov't agency would do the monitoring. It would be done by private security firms.

What I do not know if those chips are reversible.

shots, they are about the size of a grain of rice. Implanted with a needle, and easily removed.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You hear sirens approaching, blue lights, swat teams and they slam you to the ground! Bam. Busted!!!

I am sure Big Brother will know if you accidentally "cut" yourself and the implant is sending red alerts to the command base.

As far as anyone stealing me...
you're right. They'd bring me back in a heartbeat and buy me a Big Mac so i shut my mouth!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Back to the topic, tho, I am in favor of the ID card that is proposed for illegal immigrants.

There are folks who say that no ID card is un-forgeable. This may be true, but the major players don't worry about cost anyway.

Make the cost of duplicating it high enough, and it will help to clamp down on the flood. And then we need to ferret out and prosecute the forgers.

new topics

top topics

join