It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Aircraft Black Project?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
After looking around for some material for my new ATS Avatar, I found this very strange (Computer Generated) picture. Upon close obsersvation we see that its designation seems to be the F-265 "Stalma". Also mentioned is the Indian Air Force. Can we get an ID on this thing?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is actually an SM-36 STALMA, a sixth generation Multi-Role Fighter suitable for Direct Commercial Sale to US and NATO/allies. Designed to replace F-16C and F/A-18C/E combat aircraft in US and NATO air arms, the SM-36 STALMA is a single engine, high performance weapon system incorporating variable geometry, supercruise, pitch/yaw thrust vectoring, integrated avionics, enhanced agility and low observability characteristics. The SM-36 STALMA will be produced in a number of variants including:

• SM-36 Single Seat Multi-Role Fighter
• SM-36T Two Seat Tandem Strike Fighter or Instructional Trainer

Conceived for maximum performance and combat capability, the SM-36 is designed for all-weather, supersonic operation at both low and high altitudes. Optimized for Air-to-Air Interception, Combat Air Patrol (CAP), Air Dominance (AD), Close-in Air-to-Air Engagements (CAAE- 'Dogfight'), Carrier Air Defense (CAD), Maritime Strike (MS), Wild Weasel/Anti-Radiation Strike (ARS), All Weather Precision Attack, Interdiction, Battlefield Close Air Support (CAS), Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (SEAD), Tactical Reconnaissance (TR), Conventional Bombing (CB) and Tactical Nuclear Penetration (TNP), the SM-36 STALMA will counter threats to US and NATO allied air superiority.
It can achieve mach 2.4+ on the level at 40,000 ft.

These are the Indian versions under consideration:

Cockpit view

India has probably evinced interest in this aircraft and therefore it has an Indian Air Force livery. Other potential customers are Israel and Belgium.

Lets know if you need more details.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by mikesingh]

[edit on 28-5-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Yes, all the above. Plus the fact that Mike forgot to include; it is as real as the starship Enterprise and Doctor Who's Tardis.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
very good info. So this is currently (to the best of our knowledge) an ongoing project?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Great info... I've never seen that plane before... Good reading...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
wow thats a crazy looking x wing design. I've never seen any other airframe use forward swept canard like wings with a delta v style rear like that.

I would imagine that it proide the best of all worlds like low stall speed, high payload, fast cruising speed, high manuveraility etc..

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Is my post invisible

it-is-not-real.

It-is-a-fantasy

It has no more substance to it than any of the design competitons we have had on this site among ourselves.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by waynos]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well, still a good reading... knowledge is power my friend...
never talked about reality either... And if that palne could actually fly, I'd be an admin of ATS...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"Stavatti F-265 Stalma" is at the bottom, that tells me the idiots are at it again.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It is the replacement of the Firefox a plane that was stolen by a guy who looks like Clint Eastwood...

Go figure...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Well, still a good reading... knowledge is power my friend...
never talked about reality either... And if that palne could actually fly, I'd be an admin of ATS...

My response was aimed more at the question of whether this was an ongoing project.

However I will also point out that this isn't really interesting reading for any students of the history and/or state of the art of modern combat aircraft and their related technology. In this respect the stalma is utterly worthless as it is a complete work of fiction. To go back to my earlier analogy, it would be like someone who has researched the science of the space programme since the days of Sputnilk up to the present day then continuing his research into the intricate workings of the Tardis and the Enterprise, a complete blind alley. In terms of studying aviation, looking at the Stalma (or anything else with the Stavatti name attached to it) is like a trainee Vet watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon after you've watched a documentary about the life of Rabbits. A pleasant enough brief diversion, but of no real value to your subject.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
K, better question then. If this aircraft is completely fictitious and isn't even within consideration, then lets try this. What concepts of this aircraft could be put into newer aircraft and would work?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The only concept it seems to promote is its rather ludicrous airframe design. In my opinion as an uninformed amateur;

1 FSW Canards - if these are all moving control surfaces (and if not, they are of no use) then the bending forces around the pivot would cause them to sheer off almost immediately, the FSW wings of the X-29 and S.37 are exceptionally stiff out of necessity.

2 VG Wing - if the canards impart STOL capability then what purpose does the VG wing serve? It is however a very good way to make the plane extremely heavy and mechanically complex. How does the VG wing facilitate the claimed 'low observable' characterisitcs of the design? In the real world they utterly defeat stealthiness.

3 'Slotted' fins for the wings to swing aft - an aerodynamic nightmare as (a) the root of the fin is far too weak to cope with the bending forces applied above the slot where it is much broader and (b) the intersection of the the fin leading edge and wing trailing edge throws up all sorts of airflow issues and none of them are good.

The design is a POS. All the 'tech' that seems to be included already exists on several aircraft and is nothing new.*

*except where that tech is pseudo-scientific claptrap of the sort regularly spouted on Sci Fi shows and movies, of course.

PS, you do know that there is no such company as Stavatti except on the internet don't you? You know that not one single 'stavatti' aeroplane of any description has ever been built, let alone flown, right?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Is my post invisible

it-is-not-real.

It-is-a-fantasy

It has no more substance to it than any of the design competitons we have had on this site among ourselves.

My thoughts exactly until I read your second post..

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

My response was aimed more at the question of whether this was an ongoing project.

However I will also point out that this isn't really interesting reading for any students of the history and/or state of the art of modern combat aircraft and their related technology. In this respect the stalma is utterly worthless as it is a complete work of fiction. To go back to my earlier analogy, it would be like someone who has researched the science of the space programme since the days of Sputnilk up to the present day then continuing his research into the intricate workings of the Tardis and the Enterprise, a complete blind alley. In terms of studying aviation, looking at the Stalma (or anything else with the Stavatti name attached to it) is like a trainee Vet watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon after you've watched a documentary about the life of Rabbits. A pleasant enough brief diversion, but of no real value to your subject.

I see.. still I think that every piece of knowledge is useful... maybe not important, but there is no such knowledge as useless knowledge...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Indeed, the knowledge that Stavattis designs can be dismissed as nonsense is extremely useful

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but did that say "Stavatti STALMA"???

The same effing Stavatti F-26 STALMA that surfaced in early 2004 and turned out that it was all just some guy who knew how to use a graphics program???

Yeah, no real basis what so ever, sorry to disappoint anyone who thought it was real, but it's not.

Shattered OUT...

P.S. I was sure this was put to bed 2 years ago.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yes, all the above. Plus the fact that Mike forgot to include; it is as real as the starship Enterprise and Doctor Who's Tardis.

I concur, at least someone other than me remembers the events of so long ago.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If we ever hold a design contest for a illogical airframe arrangements, Stavatti (whoever he/she is) could wipe the floor with us. I do think the graphics are great and the designs are very original.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Indeed, the knowledge that Stavattis designs can be dismissed as nonsense is extremely useful

yes it is vey important... hadn't you known about the plane you couldn't have written that last post.... correct...??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join