It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where should a thread about "Futurism" be posted on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
One that's not necessarily about a particular technology, but talks in a broader sense...

Otherwise I'd just post it in ATS:SciTech/PTS:Science Issues...

Perhaps a dedicated Forum for Futurist topics should be created.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That is the first thing that makes sence, let alone comes to mind.
What ever you have to post, I am sure it will fit in there.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
That is the first thing that makes sence, let alone comes to mind.
What ever you have to post, I am sure it will fit in there.

I thought the Skunk Works were a "Limited Speech" zone on ATS where special rules apply? (EG Debunkers aren't generally aloud to Debunk and that sort of stuff.) Not knocking that at all as I happen to think it is a terrific idea(Kinda a reverse of the Mudpit from way back), I just like to have some debunkers come on in once in a while to keep me on my toes.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sardion, I don't think debate is discouraged. In fact, it would be a great place to post, as poor behavior IS discouraged in SW

Here's what SO said about Skunk Works :

We certainly do not want to discourage the involvement of helpful critical analysis and skeptical thought, this will always be a very important part of collaboration on ATS. However, we will be strict in managing the tone and style of such exchanges. Please keep your critical involvement to helpful focus on issues, facts, and analysis of possibilities, and do not engage in disruptive character attacks, snipes, and insults in any way. Any such activity will result in a warning and removal of your post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
A Skunk By Any Other Name

Actually, although they are specifically prohibited in the Skunk Works forum, character attacks, snipes and insults aren't welcome anywhere on ATS -- although in some forums, it can be a bit more "rough and tumble" than others (*cough* WoT *cough*).

The idea behind Skunk Works is to encourage members to present and discuss theories and topics that may not necessarily meet the standards most members expect for the more "fact-oriented" forums, where "put up or shut up" tends to be the force majeure.

Debunking isn't prohibited in Skunk Works, but theories and speculation are welcome and encouraged, so saying "that's just theory and speculation!" when someone posts in Skunk Works is somewhat irrelevant and therefore inappropriate.

Rather, in Skunk Works, members should feel free to allow their imaginations to wander and perhaps consider possibilities that might otherwise be overlooked or rejected out of hand. A sort of "breakfast club" for conspiracy theorists, if you will.

I think Futurism topics, because they deal with things that haven't happened yet, would fit right in.

And hey, if enough members take interest in them, Futurism may eventually require a separate forum.

Let's see what the future brings.

new topics

top topics

join