It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbolic Owl/Lilith Demon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I asked a bunch of questions on the Owl club days ago and it seems as if they are not much of any mystery or megative happenings anyway. However this Boh. Groove and other Owl sightings made me wonder about the symbology of the owl.

I was reading up on Demonology last night and started reading online hours ago about the demon Lilith I came across this small tidbit:

"She becomes a nocturnal demon, flying about in the form of a night-owl and stealing children. She is permitted to kill all children which have been sinfully begotten, even from a lawful wife. If a child smiles during the night of the Sabbath or the New Moon, it is a sign that Lilith is playing with it. One should then strike the nose of the child three times and drive Lilith away by the prescribed rough words "

Anyway I was looking for other symbology of the owl. This one seemed interesting with the mention of the children due to I believe boh. grove had some mention of a false sacrafice with children? If I am right it seems these two may go hand in hand. You be the judge.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The Bohemian Grove is said to be related to Moloch, but many have pointed out that the owl is related to Minerva, a Goddess of Wisdom.

As far as I know, the rites related to Minerva(Athena, the Divine Mother Kundalini) were positive and nothing like those of Moloch(the latter being a demon).

Of course there have always been degenerate cults dedicated to just about any God(even Jesus) you can think of, even for the positive ones(due to ignorance and/or sabotage) who were never considered to be demons at all.

Then again, Lilith is seen next to owls, which probably have nothing to do with Minerva.

In fact, Lilith can be said to be the antithesis of Minerva.

Gnostic Meditation 7: The Foundation

"When Perseus was grown up Polydectes sent him to attempt the conquest of Medusa, a terrible monster who had laid waste the country. She was once a beautiful maiden whose hair was her chief glory (long hair is a symbol of chastity: she was once the pure consciousness in chastity) but as she dared to vie in beauty with Minerva (Athena; here we see the birth of pride), the goddess deprived her of her charms and changed her beautiful ringlets into hissing serpents (Medusa became inverted: the lunar serpent, Eve, fell, creating the Klipoth).

"She became a cruel monster of so frightful an aspect that no living thing could behold her without being turned into stone. All around the cavern where she dwelt might be seen the stony figures of men and animals which had chanced to catch a glimpse of her and had been petrified with the sight (upon seeing her tenebrous beauty, they become identified with desire, which gives birth to the ego, a heavy and rigid mental formation that traps the consciousness inside. This is the Brute Stone).

Perseus, favoured by Minerva (his Divine Mother Kundalini) and Mercury (Hermes, the sexual energy), the former of whom lent him her shield (Self-observation, Self-remembering, and Meditation) and the latter his winged shoes (Sexual Alchemy; the shoes we need to walk the path), approached Medusa while she slept (taking advantage of her mechanical nature) and taking care not to look directly at her (with the risk of becoming identified with desire), but guided by her image reflected in the bright shield (of the stabilized and clarified consciousness through profound stillness of the mind in Shamata) which he bore (due to many patient years of practice), he cut off her head (the "I") and gave it to Minerva (Athena)." - Bullfinch's Mythology

On Lilith:

From "The Perfect Matrimony"

The Abyss

Kabbalistic traditions state that Adam had two wives: Lilith and Nahemah. Lilith is the mother of abortions, homosexuality and in general, all kinds of crimes against Nature. Nahemah is the mother of malignant beauty, passion and adultery.

Thus, the abyss is divided into two large regions: the spheres of Lilith and Nahemah. Infrasexuality reigns sovereign in these two large regions.....

.....The Sphere of Nahemah

The sphere of Nahemah seduces with the enchantment of her malignant beauty. In this infrasexual sphere we find the "Don Juans and femme fatales." The world of prostitution unfolds in this sphere.

The infrasexual men of Nahemah feel very manly. Men who have many women live in this sphere. They feel happy in adultery. They believe themselves to be very manly; they are unaware that they are infrasexual.

In the sphere of Nahemah we also find millions of prostitutes. These poor women are victims of the fatal charm of Nahemah. In the sphere of Nahemah we find elegant ladies of high social standing. These people are very happy in adultery. That is their world.

In the infrasexual region of Nahemah we find a sweetness that moves the soul: virgins that seduce with the charm of their tenderness, very beautiful seductive women, men who abandon their homes bewitched by the enchantment of these most precious beauties. In this region we also find indescribable beauty, uncontrollable passions, beautiful salons, elegant cabarets, soft beds, delightful dances, orchestras of the abyss, unforgettable romantic words that cannot be forgotten, etc.

The infrasexual people of Nahemah sometimes accept the Arcanum A.Z.F. (sexual magic) but fail because they are unable to avoid the ejaculation of semen. They almost always withdraw from the Perfect Matrimony uttering horrible things against it. We have heard them saying: "I practiced sexual magic and sometimes I was able to remain without spilling the semen. I was an animal enjoying the delicious passions of sex." After withdrawing from the Path of the Razor's Edge, represented by the spinal medulla, they seek refuge in some seductive doctrine of Nahemah. If they are lucky enough not to fall into the sphere of Lilith, they continue ejaculating the seminal liquor. Such is their infrasexual world.

The Psychology of the Sphere of Nahemah

The infrasexual inhabitants of the sphere of Nahemah are very touchy. They are the ones who utter phrases such as: "Offense is cleansed with blood." "I killed because I am a man of honor." "My honor was slighted." "I am a wronged husband" etc. The Nahemah type of man is the one who jeopardizes his life for any lady. He is the passionate lover of luxury; a slave to social prejudice; the friend of drunkenness, banquets, parties, very elegant fashions, etc. These people consider the Perfect Matrimony to be something impossible, and when they accept it, they last only a short time on the path because they fail. This type of person enjoys sex in a bestial fashion. When these people accept the Arcanum A.Z F. they utilize it to enjoy lust. As soon as they find some seductive doctrine that offers them refuge, they then withdraw from the Perfect Matrimony.

The Mystique of Nahemah

Sometimes we find mystic types in the infrasexual sphere of Nahemah who neither drink, eat meat, nor smoke, or they are very religious, though not vegetarians. The mystic type of Nahemah is only passionate in secret. They violently enjoy sexual passions, even though later they pass terrible judgements against sexual passion. Sometimes they accept the Arcanum A.Z.F., but they withdraw in a short while when they find some consoling doctrine which provides them with phrases like this: "God said "grow and multiply."" "The sexual act is a purely animal function and spirituality has nothing to do with it," etc. Then the infrasexual one from Nahemah, in finding justification for ejaculating the seminal liquor, leaves the Path of the Perfect Matrimony.....

.....The Sphere of Lilith

In the infrasexual sphere of Lilith abide those who hate sex, for example, monks, anchorites, preachers of pseudo-esoteric type sects, pseudo-yogis who abhor sex, nuns, etc. All such infrasexual people, by the mere fact that they are infrasexual, often have an affinity with people of intermediate sexuality. Thus, it is not difficult to find homosexuality within many convents, religions, sects and schools of a pseudo-esoteric type. Infrasexual people consider themselves to be highly superior to those of normal sexuality. They are disdainful of people of normal sexuality, considering them inferior. All of the taboos, restrictions, and prejudices that currently condition the lives of people of normal sexuality were firmly established by infrasexual people.

We heard about the case of an old anchorite who preached a certain pseudo-occult doctrine. Everyone venerated that man considering him to be a saint. Apparently he was a master and people worshipped him. Finally, one poor woman discovered everything when he proposed to her a sexual union against Nature, supposedly in order to initiate her. In reality, this anchorite was an infrasexual. Nevertheless, this man had taken the vows of chastity. This man mortally hated the Arcanum A. Z. F. (sexual magic). He considered it to be dangerous. However, he had no trouble with proposing to his devotees to have extra-vaginal unions because he was really an infrasexual. Who would have doubted this man? Apparently, he was a saint. This is what the people believed. His followers considered him a master. He hated sex. Yes, he mortally hated sex.

This is a characteristic of infrasexual, degenerated people. The worst of the matter is that they consider themselves superior to people of normal sexuality. They feel they are super-transcendent, and they manage to seduce people of normal sexuality, converting them into their followers. In our mission, which is to divulge Gnostic esoterism, we have had the opportunity to study infrasexual people. We often hear them repeating the following phrases: "You Gnostics are selfish because all you ever think of is your Kundalini and sexual magic." "You are sexual fanatics." "Sexual magic is purely animalistic." "Sex is something very vulgar; I am a spiritualist and I abhor all that is materialistic and vulgar." "Sex is filthy." "There are many paths to God." "I live only for God and am not interested in the rubbish of sexuality." "I follow the doctrine of chastity and abhor sex," etc. This is precisely the language of infrasexual people. They are always self-sufficient, always so proud in their feeling of superiority to people of normal sexuality.

An infrasexual woman who hated her husband said to us: "I would only practice sexual magic with my guru." She said this in the presence of her husband. This woman had no sexual relations with her husband because she supposedly hated sex. Nevertheless, she was willing to practice sexual magic, but only with her guru. She had an affinity with the guru because he too was an infrasexual. This is the ?saint? mentioned earlier in this chapter, the one who enjoyed suggesting to his female devotees to have sexual unions against Nature with him.

We heard about the case of the arch-Hierophant who hated women and who often uttered phrases such as this: "Women! I kick them with my feet." He preached a doctrine, and his followers adored him as if he were a God. He was always surrounded by adolescents. Thus, this is how he spent his time, until the police discovered everything. He was a homosexual, a corrupter of minors; yet, he had the same pride of all infrasexual people, which is feeling super-transcendent, ineffable and divine.

The sphere of Lilith is the sphere of the great heresy. These people no longer have the possibility of redemption because they hate the Holy Spirit. "All manner of sin shall be forgiven, except the sin against the Holy Ghost."

Sexual energy is an emanation of the Divine Mother. Whosoever renounces the Cosmic Mother, whosoever hates the Divine Mother, whosoever profanes the energy of the Divine Mother shall sink into the abyss forever. There he will have to pass through the Second Death.

The Psychology of the Sphere of Lilith

The sphere of Lilith is characterized by its cruelty. The psychology of this sphere has various aspects: monks and nuns who hate sex, homosexuality in convents, homosexuality outside of all monastic life, induced abortions, people who love masturbation, criminals of the brothel, people who enjoy torturing others, etc. In this sphere we find the most horrible crime reported in police records: horrible cases of bloody crimes of homosexual origin, terrifying acts of sadism, homosexuality in jails, lesbianism, terrifying psychotic criminals, those who enjoy making their loved one suffer, horrible infanticides, patricides, matricides, etc. In this sphere we also find pseudo-occultists who would rather suffer from nocturnal pollution than get married, people who mortally hate the Arcanum A. Z. F. and the Perfect Matrimony, people who believe that they can reach God while hating sex, anchorite people who abhor sex and who consider it vulgar and gross.
- Samael Aun Weor

[edit on 28-5-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Samael Aun Weor wrote something very interesting, considering that many of the men who attend the Bohemian Grove deal mainly with tyranny.

Klipoth Introduction 2

Inverted Geburah

Demon: Moloch.

Vice: Tyranny.

Samael Aun Weor stated:

"Moloch, a luminous Angel of yore, a horrid King besmeared with the blood of human sacrifices, with the tears of parents and the desperation of mothers. Though for the loud noise of drums and timbales, unheard went the cries of their children, who passed through fire to be pitilessly immolated to this execrable monster, once a beautiful God from other times...

"The Ammonites worshipped him in Rabba and its watery Plain, in Argob and in Basan, to the stream of utmost Arnon...

"The legend of the centuries state that Solomon, son of David, King of Zion, built a temple to Moloch right on that opprobrious hill.

"The seven Lords of time state that subsequently, this wise old King dedicated a sacred grove in the pleasant Valley of Hinnom to such a fallen Angel...

"Such a fecund perfumed land, for such a fatal motive, then changed its name for Tophet and black Gehennan, a true type of hell..."

- Quoted from Parsifal Unveiled

Geburah is Hebrew for Justice, Strength, Courage.

Its opposite is Inflexible Rigor, Tyranny.

We are in the realm of Moloch when we do not know how to use our own power.

Moloch is represented in the form of a brazen bull. People in ancient times sacrificed children to Moloch.

Tyranny in Kings/ Queens/ parents: parents who teach religion with the whip in hand;
Governors who use power to hurt people.

Power without freedom = tyranny.

Freedom without control = anarchy.

Kind of like the Bohemian Grove perhaps?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

One should then strike the nose of the child three times and drive Lilith away by the prescribed rough words

Well - that seems a little harsh. Striking a child for laughing or smiling on the Sabbath. That's enough for me to discredit anything they have to say against Lilith.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Lilith is also really something from jewish folklore and mythology. Its unlikely that the people that started up the bohemian club were much concerned with her, far more likely, especially in those days when classical literature and mythology were so well known, that an owl for them was associated with wisdom.

Though they don't call it moloch, lilith, or minerva/athena, they simply call it the owl of bohemia. Supposedly they use it because, owls are silent, ie, they won't blather on about what's done at the 'Gambols' and outings.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I thought most people believed Boh Grove's stuff to mainly be celtic or druidic in influence, althought ultimately I have to admit ignorance about Owl's symbolism in that context.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Owls have in some pagan traditions symbolized both wisdom, lunar magic, night mysteries, and the like. They are a very female symbol.

In others, they have been symbols of death and misfortune, because of their night time habits and screeching. To American Indians, they were symbols of evil sorcery and death.

So Owls can mean many things. I doubt that the BC owl is druidic in nature tho.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
if one can 'get past' from about the calves down...

well, that picture of the portrayal lilith in stone... it shows a very beautiful woman....

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy thomas
well, that picture of the portrayal lilith in stone... it shows a very beautiful woman....

With bird legs for feet, talons and all. Litlith is a demon from jewish mythology, she murders children, commits foul deeds, etc. The feminist movement has taken her up as a symbol, of a 'maligned woman', but thats a modernism. She's simply a demon/monstrosity from folklore.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Lilith is quite popular in the Goddess Spirituality movement. I wonder why...

In other secret societies, the owl features as a prominent symbol. Chi Omega and Kappa Kappa Gamma use the owl in their secret symbolism. And no, these symbols are not used in any negative way, but rather in positive ways. If people want direct quotes from the text, PM me and I'll respond

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
but many have pointed out that the owl is related to Minerva, a Goddess of Wisdom.

That was Athena's pet OWL that gave her wisdom. BUBO as its mechnical version was named in "Clash of the Titans"

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Basically what I was saying, is that Minerva/Athena is a Goddess of Wisdom, and that Lilith is her anti-thesis in regards to their attributes.

So the question that remains is: What are the owls depicted next to Lilith symbolic of, if not Minerva/Athena?

Perhaps there are owl gods(demons rather) associated with Lilith who are known to be in direct opposition to Minerva's Wisdom?

The key probably lies within the Sephirah Geburah(see my last post in this thread about inverted Geburah), as Lilith was said to be the female counterpart of Samael, the great Archangel who's Bodhisattva was fallen until relatively recent times.

According to Gnostic Kabbalah, Moloch and Lilith are now the match made in hell(inverted Geburah), instead of Samael(Geburah) and Lilith(inverted Geburah).

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Okay, here's the difference.

The Owl is usually symbolic of Wisdom.

But barn owls are symbolic of witchcraft.

So the ones next to Lilith would be barn owls.

Originally posted by andy thomas

Of course.

Lilith and Nahemah are very seductive; otherwise they wouldn't be very good at testing our loyalty to the Divine Mother Kundalini Shakti!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As I have been researching Lilith, Molech, owls, King Solomon's temple, and such I have crossed some information that suggests when children are "passed through the fire" the intent isn't to sacrifice the child but instead to be changed through alchemy to either go to another world or dimension and to have the soul changed and returned transformed. Like possession or enlightened or something.

Also that King Solomon's Temple had similar star gate capabilities that allow travel "through the fire" and back. I noticed when reading the information that the word Solomon would easily translate to Sun and Moon. Sol being a word for sun and moving the O after Sol for Moon.

Any input?

I don't know how to post links and I have seen a few tutorials to teach me. I have watched this site enough to understand the importance of links to information being talked about. I will work on my computer use skill and then I will be more credible when I post.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The Fire we have to pass through is the Sexual Fire of Chastity and Transmutation that can transform us back into Gods/Malachim and also transforms us back into Innocent Children.

The Mysteries degenerate when people take them literally.

The Aztecs at first sacrificed the ego to the Solar Logos, and offered their Hearts to God.

Later they started to literally kill and offer physical hearts.

The Buddhist annhilation of the 'myself' or ego degenerated with the Samurai into Hara-Kiri or the literal killing of one's physical body for commiting dishonorable acts of the ego(though IMO, this latter practice may have had it's place even though it was certainly abused).

In Islam we have to "kill the unbelievers(egos)".

Some people take this literally.

We see similiar things in Christian Fundamentalism and in Zionism.

The Man(Sun), the Woman(Moon) and the Fire that transform the Lead into Gold are seen in the majority of Alchemical/Hermetic Art.

The Temple of the Solomon(Soul-of-Man, Sol-Aur Bodies) has to Built by Transmuting and passing through the Fire in Vulcan's Flaming Forge.

In the Prima Materia is found the Sexual Matter or Philosophical Mercury that has to be Transmuted which allows Hermes to carry us from Sphere to Sphere with His wings.

As is taught, we have to become as Innocent Children(through Chastity) before being able to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Peter, the Rock, Sex, the Philospher's Stone, guards the Gates of Heaven.

The Flaming Sword guards the Gates of Eden.

Samael Aun Weor teaches us that we have to return to Eden the same way we left it, which is Sex.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am beginning to understand, finally.

Do you have to actually have sex for actualizing sex majic, the Great Work, or is the sex symbolic?

Thank you for the interpretation!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Read any of the these excerpts that relate to Tantra(especially "The Forms of Tantrism") or Kundalini.

"Celibacy" is a good one too.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think I experienced so called sex magic once. One night under the influence of booze my wife and I had "marathon relations". Then I began reading a Blacks Law Dictionary skimming through the "L" section, lots of latin words & phrases upon which I got in to trance absorbing the knowledge. Blacks Law dictionary will open a lot of eyes to what words really mean versus what we are taught in public school & through Hollywood.
Anyways I fell asleep and began to dream my typical nightmare of Revenue Canada (our IRS) coming after me. Suddenly I was transported to an old stone building / castle / dungeon where a extremely dark figure began to materialize from mist & smoke. It was calling me and I was terrified so I called out to Jesus to save me cause I was scared (I'm not religious nor do I go to church). Suddenly I was flying back to my house a light speed where upon I awoke and found myself levitating above my bed. I was looking down on my wife for a brief second before I came crashing down to the bed and bounced her awake. I told what happened but she didn't believe me and thought I jumped into bed drunk.

I also collect swords, knives, daggers, helmets, axes, & egyptian things. Lo and behold above my fireplace is an Egyptian dagger resting on a wooden plaque surrounded by serpents. This Egyptian dagger has an evil looking OWL type demon for its hilt/handle. So am I sacrificing things to Molech when I put logs in my fireplace? Should I get rid of the dagger? Ever since I put it up I've been getting extremely wealthy and am starting to see how the world really works. Esoteric symbolism in all corporate logos, movies, computer language, gov't etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Esoteric symbolism in all corporate logos, movies, computer language, gov't etc.

and buildings

What does this one look like?

or how about this one?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a couple years too late but according to wiki, lilian is associated with the screech owl. not barn

WIKI

i just so happened to be reading about lilian and thought about the owl connection thing too and came on here too see if it as talked about. although i mostly hear about the moloch

if anyone still cares.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join