It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton...returned 5 days later? Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
For those who know...
Aren't most ETs able to alter time?
Or, in other words, do most abductions involve someone being returned to nearly the exact moment he or she was taken, or, do ET abductions "allow" time to progress normally, so that the abductee is returned in the same amount of hours, days, whatever that elapsed on earth while the abductee was with the ET?

I just know I read one time that someone contacted by ETs found time had even been reversed somehow, so that instead of expecting to see 12 midnight, she saw something like 11 pm on her clock.

So...can ETs alter time?
If so, why is time sometimes not altered, like in Travis Walton's case (although I think I remember reading that time to Travis seemed far shorter than the 5 days he was missing, but maybe they kept him sedated, unconscious for most of the 5 days) ... or does this simply involve super fast space travel and Einstein special relativity?

Just seems to me, that if you wanted to remain discrete and anonymous, like most ET seem to behave, you wouldn't go returning your abductees with a lot of days missing in between.
Or, maybe the T. Walton case is a fraud, like P. Klass states ???

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Very interesting question. I was gone two and a half days.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Ah, grasshopper ( sorry for the Kung Fu reference)

Are you Travis Walton, or are you referring to your own experience?

G.Houtchens
armchair coach

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
there are 52000000000000000000000 stars in what infintismal spec of the universe we are able to observe. in my opinion there will be a large array of the types of technologies brought here by ET with a great divergance in the overall scientific understandings. as for time alteration alegations, i dont know.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Houtchens
Ah, grasshopper ( sorry for the Kung Fu reference)

Are you Travis Walton, or are you referring to your own experience?

G.Houtchens
armchair coach

No, I'm not Travis Walton. But I find his story to be very interesting as I know a lot of other people do. I have no memory of what happened except for the before and after.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
grasshopper: did your parents, other relatives, friends or anyone else you know verify the fact you were gone for two and a half days? And if so, did they too wonder where you had been, and most importantly, why you couldn't remember where you had been?
Also, were you returned to the exact place you had been before being taken?
These are really important to me, thanx grasshopper :-)

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Travis Walton...returned 5 days later? Why?

Well its always a possiblity that E.T. doesn't control time (as mentioned here on this thread) and it took five days to do whatever before he was returned.

Just a guess.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It would be a great book if I could remember what happened. The book could start with a UFO in the night sky breaking into two and then joining itself back together again. And it could end with me sort of staring at the carpet. But the middle part of the book is still not available. No, Astarfaraway, I live by myself. It was a tuesday night when seeing the UFO. I was on the porch the last I can remember. The next thing I can remember is being somewhere behind my truck on the gravel driveway. I live alone so my parents know nothing about it and I'd like to keep it that way. Don't know why I can't remember. I figured it out the next day. I thought it was Wednesday. I went to the store and turned the radio on in my truck. Pretty soon I figured out it was Saturday. I had been pretty much out of it the day before and hadn't gone anywhere. Really out of it like I'd been drugged. I hear they use metals and not drugs to put you into the kind of state of mind that I was in when I got back.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Walton did not lack food/calorie intake during his stated five day absense.

Dallas

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
grasshopper, wow, I hope you are doing well now...that sounded pretty traumatic, would be for me, at least...

Two things come to mind for me:
1. Whoever it was that took you, either wanted you to be aware of their "omniscience" or power over you, or just to be aware of them in general, since though your memory was erased, most likely through their advanced abilities and not because of some sort of post traumatic stress disorder on your part, they did not bring you back to just a moment or two right after you saw the UFO, break in two, then come back together (because, in that case, maybe then you would have felt just a few seconds or even minutes of "black out" or a perceived span of time unaccounted for, instead of noticing days missing)... this is because I think ETs do have time altering abilities...So, why would they erase your memory, yet not "bring you back" in time?
(I wonder how many of us, who believe we have never been abducted by aliens, just don't know about it, since, not only were our memories erased, but we were brought back in time as well) OR
2. The ETs contacting you DO NOT have the advanced abilities to time travel or alter time.

But after reading most of the thread "Are extraterrestrials real? As real as the nose on your face", one would be under the assumption that ETs can do just about anything, including time alteration...
So, just some more unanswered questions...
Thank you again, grasshopper

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
grasshopper.

I am curious. No one missed you during the time you were gone/away? Work, friends, etc?

If it happened to me, I think my first thought would be some sort of seizure. Were you hungry or thirsty?

Thanks

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astarfaraway
So...can ETs alter time?

Read a little about Einstein's relativistic time dilation.

Oh, and check out the old story of "Rip Van Winkle." He came across some strange leprechaun-like entities in the woods and got abducted for what he thought was a short time but turned out to be years.

First recorded case of "missing time." Passed off as fiction.

Rip Van Winkle

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens got the date wrong and ended up 5 days ahead of when they were supposed to return him.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
grasshopper, also, someone recently told me about a neuroscience technique that our doctors use-- transcranial magnetic stimulation, or TMS acronym--(check out en.wikipedia.org... )
Basically, it uses electromagnetic induction, and by using the precise magnetic pulses and by targeting the precise areas of the brain, certain mind abilities, such as for example short term memory, can be temporarily disabled. And, if enough of such magnetic pulses and for the required time duration are used, permanent structural changes can occur in the brain...

I was just thinking about what you mentioned, that they don't use drugs, some sort of metal instead... wonder if their technique, though far advanced, is similar to TMS...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Grasshopper, would you be willing to subject yourself to an examination by a qualified hypnotist to see if you can recover that lost time?

If you could chart this time and post results this would become quite a thread I assure you... Also, are there any marks on your body or clothing which would indicate a physical examination?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycho matic
Maybe the aliens got the date wrong and ended up 5 days ahead of when they were supposed to return him.

No, no. That don't make no sense. If they returned him 5 days sooner, then they'd be returning him before they abducted him. Then he might escape and warn himself that he was about to be abducted, so he wouldn't get abducted in the first place.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't think Aliens can control time. Many cases of abduction are not even reported until the abductee realizes that he/she has missing time. Betty and Barny Hill had missing time. They were driving home, about an hour drive if I remember correctly, but 3 or 4 hours had passed when they finally arrived.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astarfaraway
grasshopper, wow, I hope you are doing well now...that sounded pretty traumatic, would be for me, at least...

Two things come to mind for me:
1. Whoever it was that took you, either wanted you to be aware of their "omniscience" or power over you, or just to be aware of them in general, since though your memory was erased, most likely through their advanced abilities and not because of some sort of post traumatic stress disorder on your part, they did not bring you back to just a moment or two right after you saw the UFO, break in two, then come back together (because, in that case, maybe then you would have felt just a few seconds or even minutes of "black out" or a perceived span of time unaccounted for, instead of noticing days missing)... this is because I think ETs do have time altering abilities...So, why would they erase your memory, yet not "bring you back" in time?
(I wonder how many of us, who believe we have never been abducted by aliens, just don't know about it, since, not only were our memories erased, but we were brought back in time as well) OR
2. The ETs contacting you DO NOT have the advanced abilities to time travel or alter time.

Astarfaraway, please don't take this the wrong way. But I think you tend to jump to conclusions. Just because there may have been several days of missing time does not mean you can conclude that the aliens who abducted me do not have time travel capabilities. Although that COULD POSSIBLY be the reason I was not returned at the same time as I was taken. Many many people report missing time just not for such long periods. Usually it is just a few hours. I have actually read no reports that I can remember where people are returned the same time they were abducted. I am not saying it isn't possible, just that I haven't heard about it.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rswitzer
grasshopper.

I am curious. No one missed you during the time you were gone/away? Work, friends, etc?

If it happened to me, I think my first thought would be some sort of seizure. Were you hungry or thirsty?

Thanks

Let's not play doctor here

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet
Grasshopper, would you be willing to subject yourself to an examination by a qualified hypnotist to see if you can recover that lost time?

If you could chart this time and post results this would become quite a thread I assure you... Also, are there any marks on your body or clothing which would indicate a physical examination?

No I wouldn't. That's not my purpose for coming to this site. I don't care if anyone believes me or not. And I don't trust UFO researchers. I would love to learn how to hypnotise myself however. The thread isn't about me, it's about Travis Walton. I am just saying that I have no problem with him saying he was gone for five days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join