It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vitamins

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have traveled alot in europe and I would say the meat is a whole better tasting and more filling. The chocolte I would kill for mostly british. As for the fruit yes there is a big difference in taste. Never really thought about it before.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
We have a winner! OriontheHunter has hit the nail square on the head.

The problem is BIG AGRI. They are bad people just like BIG PHARMA. (Hello Bsl4doc!
). They absolutely do not care about the nutritional quality of the food they are delivering to the end consumer...

What they care about is... Money, of course.

Contrary to what some of you might think about produce being mostly produced by small farmers, then rolled up thru various transport layers, then delivered to your grocery store...

It's just a few companies that control the entire process.

They pick early based on minimizing waste thru spoilage/transport attrition, following carefully laid out projection/planning curves for each type of produce, sometimes ship in temperature controlled vechicles, typically store the produce at central fully-automated & temp controlled monstrous warehouses, from which it's spoon feed out to the distribution networks, which your grocery chain, depending on who/where they are, is a subscriber, at some level.

If that wasn't bad enough...

Americas are typically notorious for their lack of taste... make that palette.

So they are simply not that discerning in the trenchs at the supermarket. Which tends to minimize the pressure consumers could put on the industry for the sad quality of what they serve up and could do the most good.

The select fruit/produce never really enters the distribution network for the locals, it instead usually goes to foreign countries/premium prices markets.

Thru programs that have impacted the entire process for years and years, the growers are choosing to/being manipulate/gladly embrace due to greater profits produce that... you guessed it!

Gives higher yields. Higher yields (and disease control and yada yada yada) trumps better taste/nutritional value.

The farmers/producers know they're typically delivering crap on a palette... They've resorted to the last ditch effort of scoundrels. They are injecting/spraying the produce to fake/force certain colors, using packaging that makes the produce look more like what quality produce is supposed to look like...

Do I really need to go on Hawaii_Boy?

So the answer, is your impressions about the taste (and therefore the nutritional values) of your produce are 100% accurate. Is it any wonder that food produced outside of this type network makes you feel better.

All is not lost Hawaii_Boy.

As in all things... Networking is the answer. Nose around. Ask questions.

Do you really think a chef of any repute is going to use that 'stuff' for his meals?

There's always local markets, non-coopted produce networks, etc...

Not all supermarkets are created equally.

Real produce managers/buyers REALLY like to talk about their trade.

And you are in Hawaii brother...

You are sitting on the mother lode!

[edit on 28-5-2006 by golemina]
Yeah that's like what im talking about, just the people that are ignorant (they don't know) and do no't read the other posts forget about them.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I am not a world traveler.
But, I'd like to think there are options to this alleged bland, nutrition less food.

I shop at a county Farmers Market in the summer. And, there's several local produce markets that over better quality and much better prices than most of the big grocers. And shop at a couple of local bakeries.

I go to a shop that makes their own hot dogs, hams and luncheon meats with a minimum of additives. It is harder and harder to find good meats, although I recently found a local store that sells lamb raised locally.

Another suggestion is to grow your own---at my local nursery, we have about a dozen varieties of pepper plants you can grow, two dozen tomato varieties, beans, cabbage, just about any veggie you could want.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLUMBER1
I have traveled alot in europe and I would say the meat is a whole better tasting and more filling. The chocolte I would kill for mostly british. As for the fruit yes there is a big difference in taste. Never really thought about it before.
Im not sureif britain is one of those countries useing the modified food im not sure.
But this could be the reason for many problems including depression and obesity health and other things.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
im candy_chimes_boy hahahaha this post is so right.It is a fact I travel to other countries a lot some countries everything taste 100 times better and so does the food that grows outside taste better compared to the same ones in the shop.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by candy_chimes_boy]

[edit on 3-6-2006 by candy_chimes_boy]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb and say candy_chime_boy is the same person as Hawaii_Boy based on the name, and the similar grammar skills and post structure.

MFP

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join