It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geologists drilling 9-mile hole hear sounds from hell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Geologists drilling 9-mile hole hear human shrieks

The shrieks of condemned souls have been heard coming from the world's deepest hole, where terrified researchers fear they've unleashed the evil forces of hell upon the earth.
"The information we're collecting is so astounding that quite frankly, we're afraid of what we might find down there," declares Dr. Viktor Azzakov, director of the project to drill a 9-mile-deep hole in remote Siberia. Geologists were dumbfounded when, after drilling several miles into the bedrock, the drill bit began to spin wildly.
"The only explanation is that the very center of the earth is hollow," states amazed Dr. Azzakov.

Another surprise was the extreme heat detected in the depths of the earth.
"Our calculations indicate temperatures of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit," notes Dr. Azzakov. "This is 10 times higher than we expected. It almost seems as if a fiery inferno is raging within the earth's core."

The latest discovery, however, is so earth-shattering that scientists are afraid to continue with the project. In an attempt to listen to the shifting of the earth's different levels, a high-sensitivity microphone was extended into the shaft. What they heard turned the logical-minded Russian scientists into trembling wrecks!
"There was a faint high-pitched noise, which we thought was our equipment," explains Dr. Azzakov. "But after we made some adjustments, we realised it was indeed coming from the earth's center. We could hardly believe our ears. What we were listening to was the unmistakable sound of a human voice, screaming in pain."
"Although one voice was prominent, we could also make out, as if in the background, the screams of thousands, perhaps millions of tormented souls."

Since the ghastly discovery, half the scientists have resigned in fear.

"Hopefully, whatever's down there will stay down there," adds Dr. Azzakov.

listen to the sounds of hell.

click on this link. (realplayer)

www.av1611.org...

www.av1611.org...
users.belgacom.net...

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Quaneeri,

It's a hoax.

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 27-10-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yep... It is an urban legend... check it out on snopes.com

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:22 AM
link   
ultra_phoenix

Yeh.

It's a load of crap.

But the (audio) is interesting to listen to.

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 06:50 PM
link   
its in stereo..

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
lol this is on another thread i just read as well. what is the guy on about before the sounds play saying its disturbing....a recording of lots of people in a room.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hey dude, look at the date. If you had waited another day, it would have been a solid year between posts on this topic. I don't know why but I love to see these old topics come up again. Its nostalgic.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Funny that you bring this back up exactly a year later. And someone else just posted a new thread on this hoax...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
woa i didnt even notice that
its the whole 27 thing. its a strange strange number that comes up too much in my life

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This particular urban legend rears it's head about this time every year for some reason...(I'm thinking halloween...)

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
ahh good point. thing is it aint scary at all. or am i not listening hard enough? i found the smith ghost thing more chilling. i know smith ghost had video footage but that dont matter

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sounds like a Weekly World Update newspage to me! Hogwash!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yep, this makes twice within two days I've had to butt in about this particular hoax...As a matter of fact, it was my research in backtracking this hoax that led to the "Ship of Fools" link in the URL-thread that Ultra Pheonix posted up above.

It's a page-long tracking of the origin of that hoax...Mostly perpetuated by religious organizations that are too dumb to research anything they hear before they publish it as "truth".

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hm. I heard nothing at all. Ziltch. Sound was up and all systems are go. Nothing.

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
ahh good point. thing is it aint scary at all. or am i not listening hard enough? i found the smith ghost thing more chilling. i know smith ghost had video footage but that dont matter

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i just listened to it and i had it up really loud and , if its a hoax, still chilled me to the bone

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Geeze. I tried every player I have....nothing. It plays but no sound at all.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Geeze. I tried every player I have....nothing. It plays but no sound at all.

thats weird, i can't get the screams out of my head...they really freaked me out and how did they make this, if this is a hoax?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Easy, just get a lot of people in a room and let some of them scream...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
still, its very interesting and friggin freaky

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
My question is, the sound is definately a hoax, but what about the drilling of the 9 mile hole. Was that actually attempted?

I did not see anything that jumps out saying the hole was a hoax.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join