It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fans who masquerade as opponents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have been entwined in a few debates in my time here on ATS. Occasionally,
I ruffle a few feathers and get some members off-side, which comes as no
surprise, seeing as how I can be pretty annoying at times. As a result, I
wouldn't consider these members to be fans of mine. However, I have noticed
that a couple of members in particular, constantly seem to reference points
I make, regardless of the thread or my participation level in it. This behaviour has led me to the conclusion that these particular members are more than just debating opponents, they are true fans of mine, as they seem to track and follow my every post, hanging off every word I type. No matter how obscure the thread, post or reference I make in often unrelated threads, they have an uncanny ability to find it. I must say that their inability to accept any logical advice I offer to see the flaws in their methods, does contradict my concept of fan-like behaviour, however I have come to realise that they do this as an excuse to continue the communication with me (their idol). So here is a tribute to those fans of mine out there masquerading as debating opponents. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed, it means a lot to me and I congratulate you.

To any other members out there who have noticed they have a similar fashioned fan base, please feel free to pay your tributes to those fans here also.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i dont think i have ever seen one of your threads but if you want me to follow you round commenting please apply (in writing) to:-

"OPTIMUS HAS THE MOST FANS ON ATS, NOT YOU"

FORUM....

im sure i can let you share some of mine.

Regards.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by optimus fett]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Are you sure? Maybe it's a triple bluff; maybe the truth is that they actually hate you. So much so, in fact, that they're intent on doing you real and lasting harm. To get in under your guard, they lull your suspicions by criticizing you repeatedly in different forums, which of course makes you think they're really your fans. Then, when you're basking in their spurious adulation, all defences down...

...they strike.

---------------------
For he on honeydew hath fed, and drunk the milk of Paradise.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It may very well be a bluff, but on an internet conspiracy forum, let them do their worst if that is the case. Such a shame when fans turn on their idols though!

new topics

top topics

join